Need Amplifier Help between Rotel RB-1090 and Odyssey Stra..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello All,

I am looking to buy an Amplifier for my Klipsch RF-7 speakers and have
narrowed it down to the Rotel RB-1090 $2000.00 or the Odyssey Stratos Mono
Extreme $2600.00 but I just don't know enough about the high end audio
to know which is better quality, better sound, or better value?? So I was
hoping some of you that are more educated than myself about the audio
equipment could help me out? Or help me out with any of your own suggestions,
any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you very much, C.Sanders.

Save your money and get an Adcom Gfa-5802 or GFA-5500. More amp for the
money and you can hold it up to both amps you noted.

"CSPWL Systems" <CSPWL@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I am looking to buy an Amplifier for my Klipsch RF-7 speakers and have
> narrowed it down to the Rotel RB-1090 $2000.00 or the Odyssey Stratos Mono
> Extreme $2600.00 but I just don't know enough about the high end audio
> to know which is better quality, better sound, or better value?? So I was
> hoping some of you that are more educated than myself about the audio
> equipment could help me out? Or help me out with any of your own
suggestions,
> any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you very much, C.Sanders.

Regardless of your decision, a reputable dealer will let you take one home
to "try out" to see if you like it or not.

RF-7 speakers are pretty good speakers, all in all, though you won't need a
tremendous amount of power to run them. If memory serves me correctly they
are 8 Ohm with about a 95-100dB of sensitivity thanks to the horns. You
should be able to get great results with a 30W or less amp. The nice thing
about a lower power amp is that they are less expensive and generally can be
made very very linear. Ever consider tubes?

On 7/11/04 1:26 AM, in article Ub4Ic.66645$Oq2.5922@attbi_s52, "Joyal
Holder" <joyalholder@charter.net> wrote:

> Save your money and get an Adcom Gfa-5802 or GFA-5500. More amp for the
> money and you can hold it up to both amps you noted.
>
> "CSPWL Systems" <CSPWL@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am looking to buy an Amplifier for my Klipsch RF-7 speakers and have
>> narrowed it down to the Rotel RB-1090 $2000.00 or the Odyssey Stratos Mono
>> Extreme $2600.00 but I just don't know enough about the high end audio
>> to know which is better quality, better sound, or better value?? So I was
>> hoping some of you that are more educated than myself about the audio
>> equipment could help me out? Or help me out with any of your own
> suggestions,
>> any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you very much, C.Sanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS