Administrator account seeking user password

Scott

I am administrator on my computer. One of my children has password protected
their limited user accounts. Is there a way for me to obtain their password?

kelly

Hi Scott,

Would be easier to just remove it. Go to Start/Control Panel/User
Accounts....click on the User in question then select Remove the Password.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am administrator on my computer. One of my children has password
>protected
> their limited user accounts. Is there a way for me to obtain their
> password?

Go to "Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Computer Management\Local Users and
Groups\Users\", then right click on the user account in question. Then, click
Properties and check the box "User cannot change password".

"Scott" wrote:

> I am administrator on my computer. One of my children has password protected
> their limited user accounts. Is there a way for me to obtain their password?

Forgot to mention: This is to prevent him/her to change the password again,
not to remove the password he/she set. Feel sad for someone using a Limited
account...it's just too bad...hard to imagine...

Scott wrote:
> I am administrator on my computer. One of my children has password protected
> their limited user accounts. Is there a way for me to obtain their password?

What's the issue you are trying to solve? As an administrator you can
access everything in their account, and as a limited user they are less
able to break the system - sounds win-win to me...

There are commercial password cracking programs out there, but why bother?