Administrator account seeking user password

I am administrator on my computer. One of my children has password protected
their limited user accounts. Is there a way for me to obtain their password?
4 answers Last reply
More about administrator account seeking user password

    Hi Scott,

    Would be easier to just remove it. Go to Start/Control Panel/User
    Accounts....click on the User in question then select Remove the Password.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am administrator on my computer. One of my children has password
    >protected
    > their limited user accounts. Is there a way for me to obtain their
    > password?

    Go to "Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Computer Management\Local Users and
    Groups\Users\", then right click on the user account in question. Then, click
    Properties and check the box "User cannot change password".

    "Scott" wrote:

    > I am administrator on my computer. One of my children has password protected
    > their limited user accounts. Is there a way for me to obtain their password?

    Forgot to mention: This is to prevent him/her to change the password again,
    not to remove the password he/she set. Feel sad for someone using a Limited
    account...it's just too bad...hard to imagine...

    Scott wrote:
    > I am administrator on my computer. One of my children has password protected
    > their limited user accounts. Is there a way for me to obtain their password?

    What's the issue you are trying to solve? As an administrator you can
    access everything in their account, and as a limited user they are less
    able to break the system - sounds win-win to me...

    There are commercial password cracking programs out there, but why bother?

Computers Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP