gamesbond

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2003
Hi Guys,
This is my first time post in this forum. I just purchased a Sony 510 DVD burner and been having problems with it. I already trashed 4 DVD with this burner, it sometimes stops burning half way or finishes burning and the dvd, although the directories are visible the files are all screwed up. I have been able only to burn 2 full DVDs and about 3 other not more than 3GB, when I run a test and the info adds more than 3 gb it fails, I have to burn less than 3Gb to keep it safe. I already updated the firmware, reinstalled windows and keep having the problem. My dvds are generic, could that be a problem? Any ideas? please help. Sony customer service has not helped a bit. Thanks

bobmitch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2002
You might check out www.cdfreaks.com or www.cdrlabs.com Both websites have groups for DVD Recordable...and I do remember reading a lot of posts about problems with this burner. Also..go to the Sony website and download the Test to see if your burner is defective. If it tests positive...you can either RMA it or if you are within 30 days of purchase...return for a new one.

Bob

phono_mas

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2002
I have the OEM version of this drive (DWU14A) and it's been working like a charm. The type of media (brand) is certainly a factor. Another thing is what software you're using. I've read some bad experiences using NERO for example. I would check out dvdrhelp.com forums. They've helped me alot!

TRENDING THREADS