CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Hi all,

Decided to setup an ftp server on my win98 box, had major probs as this is behind a linux firewall, anyway finally got it going, but 3 problems:
1. i need a GOOD program for this, I'm using gukld ftp and it keeps giving illops at random, I also tried bulletproof and that was just crap.
2. people can connect to it, the listings come up fast but the downloads are VERY slow, its not the connection because I can icq/dcc files to the same peoplr that helped me test it and they transfer at a decent speed.
3. I cant connect to my own ftp server!, well I can connect from a local ip, but not from my REAL ip, this is a major pain as I need to test it.
Any one any suggestions at all?
TIA
CALV

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
There's a number of halfway decent ftp servers out there.

I use to like Servu in the 2.5x flavors, but the new 3.0x stink.
The new G6 server looks like it's good, at least, the demo looks that way.

There's a few of others I've seen: bulletproof, cuteftp server, razor.

<font color=red>Apocalypse; Now.</font color=red>

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
hi, I tried servu (3) and it was a POS, bulletproof was a bit better but for some reason wouldnt recognise a passive ip, Im using guild at the moment, but thats pretty naf also :(, lol I could have sent the files I need to send via icq bu now!, but now I'v started I have to get it workning properl, Guild is ok but VERY slow, even over the lan. I'll keep searching
Thanks

Next time you wave - use all your fingers