Freelancer Save Game doesn't work

DHi,
anyone out there knows why when press F1 to save the game, the Save Game
button is missing, ie. I cannot save the current game I'm playing?
Also, if someone knows how to fix it would be much apprecited!
If the 'solution' is to uninstall then reinstall the game, can you please
tell me where the (previously) saved games are stored?
I opened MS Games/Freelancer/Data, Dlls, Exe folders (there are only these 3
in Freelancer) but there is no such sub-folder as saved games or something
similar in any of them.
Please Help! Thank you!!!

Hi WinMe,

Freelancer save games location:
My Documents \ My games \ Freelancer

Freelancer Multiplayer ID #:
Start / Programs / Microsoft Games / Freelancer / Examine my account ID

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"WinMeWinMe" <WinMeWinMe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC314787-32DD-4024-9FC8-C22036606D4A@microsoft.com...
> DHi,
> anyone out there knows why when press F1 to save the game, the Save Game
> button is missing, ie. I cannot save the current game I'm playing?
> Also, if someone knows how to fix it would be much apprecited!
> If the 'solution' is to uninstall then reinstall the game, can you please
> tell me where the (previously) saved games are stored?
> I opened MS Games/Freelancer/Data, Dlls, Exe folders (there are only these 3
> in Freelancer) but there is no such sub-folder as saved games or something
> similar in any of them.
> Please Help! Thank you!!!

Thanks but too late, accidentally deleted the copy of the folder containing
the saved games. Anyone knows hjow to retrieve/recover deleted
files/folders?... (They are not in the Recycle Bin)
(Didn't think so...)

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi WinMe,
>
> Freelancer save games location:
> My Documents \ My games \ Freelancer
>
> Freelancer Multiplayer ID #:
> Start / Programs / Microsoft Games / Freelancer / Examine my account ID
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>
> "WinMeWinMe" <WinMeWinMe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC314787-32DD-4024-9FC8-C22036606D4A@microsoft.com...
> > DHi,
> > anyone out there knows why when press F1 to save the game, the Save Game
> > button is missing, ie. I cannot save the current game I'm playing?
> > Also, if someone knows how to fix it would be much apprecited!
> > If the 'solution' is to uninstall then reinstall the game, can you please
> > tell me where the (previously) saved games are stored?
> > I opened MS Games/Freelancer/Data, Dlls, Exe folders (there are only these 3
> > in Freelancer) but there is no such sub-folder as saved games or something
> > similar in any of them.
> > Please Help! Thank you!!!

Hi,

You can recover the files if they aren't overwritten using Free Undelete:
http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/

--

"WinMeWinMe" <WinMeWinMe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BF607AE-65BF-4CBE-8C23-D6ACA0EDEF6C@microsoft.com...
| Thanks but too late, accidentally deleted the copy of the folder containing
| the saved games. Anyone knows hjow to retrieve/recover deleted
| files/folders?... (They are not in the Recycle Bin)
| (Didn't think so...)
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi WinMe,
| >
| > Freelancer save games location:
| > My Documents \ My games \ Freelancer
| >
| > Freelancer Multiplayer ID #:
| > Start / Programs / Microsoft Games / Freelancer / Examine my account ID
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
| > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >
| > "WinMeWinMe" <WinMeWinMe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC314787-32DD-4024-9FC8-C22036606D4A@microsoft.com...
| > > DHi,
| > > anyone out there knows why when press F1 to save the game, the Save Game
| > > button is missing, ie. I cannot save the current game I'm playing?
| > > Also, if someone knows how to fix it would be much apprecited!
| > > If the 'solution' is to uninstall then reinstall the game, can you please
| > > tell me where the (previously) saved games are stored?
| > > I opened MS Games/Freelancer/Data, Dlls, Exe folders (there are only these 3
| > > in Freelancer) but there is no such sub-folder as saved games or something
| > > similar in any of them.
| > > Please Help! Thank you!!!

Thanks for the tip (marked the site for future reference) but unfortunately
I'm still running Win ME (probably that's why I'm having soooooo many f*ing
problems) so I can't take advantage of the utility.