Projector

uhsd1

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2004
Yeah a little whil ago there was an article on how you could use an lcd and an overhead projector to make digital projector. The problem is me and a friend bought an lcd monitor called a kogi, something niether of us had ever herd of, and there is one minor problem that we have run into... the lead to the chip that controls the vertical lines and the one that controls the horizontal is too small so the chips have to lay on the screen. Is there a simple way to expand this 21, 1mm, ribbon wire connection? Oh and if any one else undertakes this little experiment, DO NOT USE A KOGI.

habibidude

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2005
I decided to give the lcd projector a shot and it turns out I have come across the same problem as you. The ribbon to connect the vertical and horizontal controlling circuits is too short! I get some display but its either all blue or black. Another lcd NOT to get is Coretronic Corp, btw never heard of them. :)

pashasap

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
I got a 15 inch Horizon LCD which I also never heard of. Taking it apart was a lot of fun but I ran into the same problem where the ribbon cable is too short. In my panel the cable is connected to the board with an 80 pin connector which I thought might be a standard type so, perhaps, there is an extension available somewhere. But I was not able to find one yet.

ewamacap

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2005
I think I have the same experience. However My flat coonecting cable (foil) ripped. Is it possible to get a replace ment and have someone soolder it on? I have pictures to upload. BTW, my lacd is a Sony. Easy to take apart. Except for the flat, l-shaped very thin connecting piece. It coonects two of the boards together that car attached to LCD panle.