Installed Windows XP Prof in a Dual PII Machine

but Control Panel | System | General | Computer says, "Intel Pentium II processor." I know there is an issue that Windoqws 2003 has trouble seeing a dual PII processor machine. Is this also true with Windows XP Professional? Is there a fix for this?

--
George Hester
_______________________________

    Click start/run and type in devmgmt.msc
    Go to the Processors section and expand it.
    How may proccessors are listed?

    "George Hester" wrote:

    > but Control Panel | System | General | Computer says, "Intel Pentium II processor." I know there is an issue that Windoqws 2003 has trouble seeing a dual PII processor machine. Is this also true with Windows XP Professional? Is there a fix for this?
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________

    I was not aware of Windows2003 seeing a dual Pentium. I am on dual Pentium on Win 2003. What you may be talking about is the Prescott Processor. That has a bit of a problem with installation of XP SP2

    --
    Peter

    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OieEpVzaFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    but Control Panel | System | General | Computer says, "Intel Pentium II processor." I know there is an issue that Windoqws 2003 has trouble seeing a dual PII processor machine. Is this also true with Windows XP Professional? Is there a fix for this?

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________

    I tried that. That is Device Manager. There is no Processors section. There is a Computer section and under that it says MPS Multiprocessor Machine. But that is not convincing that the system sees both Processors. Where I went originally would have convinced me. And it leaves me wondering.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    "Ron Rector" <RonRector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA079CB0-D5DE-41F8-8985-A418D2A0A855@microsoft.com...
    > Click start/run and type in devmgmt.msc
    > Go to the Processors section and expand it.
    > How may proccessors are listed?
    >
    > "George Hester" wrote:
    >
    > > but Control Panel | System | General | Computer says, "Intel Pentium II processor." I know there is an issue that Windoqws 2003 has trouble seeing a dual PII processor machine. Is this also true with Windows XP Professional? Is there a fix for this?
    > >
    > > --
    > > George Hester

Control Panel Processors Windows XP