Visual Basic 6.0 on XP SP2 installation problem

Hi,

I have got an error during the installation of VB6.0 enterprise on a system
running XP Home SP2. The error looks like this:

wpie15.exe - entry point not found; the procedure entry point
SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces
could not be located in the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll.

I have searched the whole day in the web and found that there are others
having the similar problem but are not probably answered. Can any experts in
this forum help ? Thanks.

C Major
5 answers Last reply
More about visual basic installation problem

    Hi,

    Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
    http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "c major" <cmajor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have got an error during the installation of VB6.0 enterprise on a
    > system
    > running XP Home SP2. The error looks like this:
    >
    > wpie15.exe - entry point not found; the procedure entry point
    > SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces
    > could not be located in the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll.
    >
    > I have searched the whole day in the web and found that there are others
    > having the similar problem but are not probably answered. Can any experts
    > in
    > this forum help ? Thanks.
    >
    > C Major

    I don't think Visual Basic 6 uses the Windows Installer technology. This has something to do with incompatibility of IE 6 I believe.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message news:efCMr00aFHA.3132@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
    > http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "c major" <cmajor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have got an error during the installation of VB6.0 enterprise on a
    > > system
    > > running XP Home SP2. The error looks like this:
    > >
    > > wpie15.exe - entry point not found; the procedure entry point
    > > SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces
    > > could not be located in the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll.
    > >
    > > I have searched the whole day in the web and found that there are others
    > > having the similar problem but are not probably answered. Can any experts
    > > in
    > > this forum help ? Thanks.
    > >
    > > C Major

    See the suggested workaround described here:-
    http://www.mastervb.net/home/ng/forumvbcode.installation/post10437131.asp

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    c major wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have got an error during the installation of VB6.0 enterprise on a system
    > running XP Home SP2. The error looks like this:
    >
    > wpie15.exe - entry point not found; the procedure entry point
    > SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces
    > could not be located in the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll.
    >
    > I have searched the whole day in the web and found that there are others
    > having the similar problem but are not probably answered. Can any experts in
    > this forum help ? Thanks.
    >
    > C Major

    Thanks,

    I have read the workaround. It seems applicable and I'll have a try later
    today. But copying the whole CD really takes some time.

    C Major.

    "S.Sengupta" wrote:

    > See the suggested workaround described here:-
    > http://www.mastervb.net/home/ng/forumvbcode.installation/post10437131.asp
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >
    > c major wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have got an error during the installation of VB6.0 enterprise on a system
    > > running XP Home SP2. The error looks like this:
    > >
    > > wpie15.exe - entry point not found; the procedure entry point
    > > SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces
    > > could not be located in the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll.
    > >
    > > I have searched the whole day in the web and found that there are others
    > > having the similar problem but are not probably answered. Can any experts in
    > > this forum help ? Thanks.
    > >
    > > C Major

    Hi,

    I have tried it. It installed without a single error message. But it
    crashed when I start VB everytime. Really bad!! I think I have spend to
    much time on this installation problem and I must give up and switch to my
    old win98 which works so good with VB6. But thanks anyway to you guys.

    C Major

    "S.Sengupta" wrote:

    > See the suggested workaround described here:-
    > http://www.mastervb.net/home/ng/forumvbcode.installation/post10437131.asp
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >
    > c major wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have got an error during the installation of VB6.0 enterprise on a system
    > > running XP Home SP2. The error looks like this:
    > >
    > > wpie15.exe - entry point not found; the procedure entry point
    > > SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces
    > > could not be located in the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll.
    > >
    > > I have searched the whole day in the web and found that there are others
    > > having the similar problem but are not probably answered. Can any experts in
    > > this forum help ? Thanks.
    > >
    > > C Major

Visual Basic Windows XP