Slowness in Office Applications when connecting to DFS Share

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello,

I have about 40 WIN XP SP2 computers that are experiencing noticeable
slowness when connecting to files from a DFS. They are all running Office
2003 and the application will stop responding for about 20 seconds prior to
the file being accessable for editing. This does not happen on Windows 2000
computers, and it does not happen on all WIN XP SP2 computers. Has anyone
seen this behavior before? Any suggestions? Thanks..

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Bryan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have about 40 WIN XP SP2 computers that are experiencing noticeable
> slowness when connecting to files from a DFS. They are all running Office
> 2003 and the application will stop responding for about 20 seconds prior to
> the file being accessable for editing. This does not happen on Windows 2000
> computers, and it does not happen on all WIN XP SP2 computers. Has anyone
> seen this behavior before? Any suggestions? Thanks..

You also might want to post to an Office 2003 newsgroup. Here is a list
of all MS public newsgroups: http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User