Question on duel channel ram

suitcase

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2003
I don't see any of the Intel boards at newegg.com that list duel channel support. Doesn't Intel support duel channel ram? Is it actuall faster in real life? I want to use 512mb of pc 2700 but should I go with two 256mb instead of duel channel ram?

Buhatma

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2003
Hi,
The intel boards that support dual channel are 875,865, and I think some 845 have dual channel. It's best to go with a dual channel package of ram because they are selling you two sticks of ram that have been tested and work with each other in dual channel mode. Were as if you used 2 different sticks of pc2700 they might not work in dual channel with each other. Hope this helps.

<font color=red>2.8C @ </font color=red><font color=blue>3.5 ghz</font color=blue> <font color=red>w/ slk-800u and smart fan 2, Abit IC7-G, 2 x 256mb Geil Platinum pc4000, Radeon 9700 Pro</font color=red> <font color=blue>375/335</font color=blue><font color=red>, 2 x WD Raptor in Raid 0</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Any board with the 865 or 875 chipset supports dual channel operation.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
There aren't any i845 boards that support dual channel.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>