Easy question

I have an xp machine that has a blank desktop. Every item on the desktop is
on a toolbar on the left. I have tried creating shortcuts to the desktop,
also properties of my computer\customize desktop and checked the options.
Nothing appears! When I sign on under the admin\domain profile it's fine.
However the local admin + a domian user account come up blank.
3 answers Last reply
More about easy question

    From Windows XP Help and Support

    Right-click the desktop.

    Point to Arrange Icons By, and then click on

    Show Desktop Icons Hide or show all desktop icons. When this command is
    checked, desktop icons are displayed on your desktop.

    Bobby wrote:

    > I have an xp machine that has a blank desktop. Every item on the desktop is
    > on a toolbar on the left. I have tried creating shortcuts to the desktop,
    > also properties of my computer\customize desktop and checked the options.
    > Nothing appears! When I sign on under the admin\domain profile it's fine.
    > However the local admin + a domian user account come up blank.

    Thank you very much (it worked) I figured it was something simple.

    > From Windows XP Help and Support
    >
    > Right-click the desktop.
    >
    > Point to Arrange Icons By, and then click on
    >
    > Show Desktop Icons Hide or show all desktop icons. When this command is
    > checked, desktop icons are displayed on your desktop.
    >

    > Bobby wrote:
    >
    >> I have an xp machine that has a blank desktop. Every item on the desktop
    >> is on a toolbar on the left. I have tried creating shortcuts to the
    >> desktop, also properties of my computer\customize desktop and checked the
    >> options. Nothing appears! When I sign on under the admin\domain profile
    >> it's fine. However the local admin + a domian user account come up blank.

    You're welcome. Please know that many questions like this are covered in
    The Help system provided with the XP operating system.

    Bobby wrote:
    > Thank you very much (it worked) I figured it was something simple.
    >

    > "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>From Windows XP Help and Support
    >>
    >>Right-click the desktop.
    >>
    >>Point to Arrange Icons By, and then click on
    >>
    >>Show Desktop Icons Hide or show all desktop icons. When this command is
    >>checked, desktop icons are displayed on your desktop.
    >>

    >>Bobby wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have an xp machine that has a blank desktop. Every item on the desktop
    >>>is on a toolbar on the left. I have tried creating shortcuts to the
    >>>desktop, also properties of my computer\customize desktop and checked the
    >>>options. Nothing appears! When I sign on under the admin\domain profile
    >>>it's fine. However the local admin + a domian user account come up blank.

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP