Ok. Basicly since the last update they released. It appeares that my uo
client tells me that it can not communicate with the origin severs at log
in. I've uninstalled the game. Cleared it from the registry. Reinstalled it.
(7th Aniv edit). Downloaded and applied the updates. Rebooted and get the
same message. I've disabled my firewalls and I still get the same message.
Anyone else have this happen? and if you have. How did ya fix it?

Sticky_314

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:02:05 -0500, "Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Ok. Basicly since the last update they released. It appeares that my uo
>client tells me that it can not communicate with the origin severs at log
>in. I've uninstalled the game. Cleared it from the registry. Reinstalled it.
>(7th Aniv edit). Downloaded and applied the updates. Rebooted and get the
>same message. I've disabled my firewalls and I still get the same message.
>Anyone else have this happen? and if you have. How did ya fix it?
>
>Sticky_314

It may just be that the login servers are having problems. That happens
sometimes.

Are you sure that all the patching went okay? The patch log shows no
errors on the last patch?

Have you checked for spyware or viruses that might be interfering with
your networking? Some mess up the hosts files.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 22:48:33 GMT, Polychromic
<macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:02:05 -0500, "Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Ok. Basicly since the last update they released. It appeares that my uo
>>client tells me that it can not communicate with the origin severs at log
>>in. I've uninstalled the game. Cleared it from the registry. Reinstalled it.
>>(7th Aniv edit). Downloaded and applied the updates. Rebooted and get the
>>same message. I've disabled my firewalls and I still get the same message.
>>Anyone else have this happen? and if you have. How did ya fix it?
>>
>>Sticky_314
>
>It may just be that the login servers are having problems. That happens
>sometimes.
>
>Are you sure that all the patching went okay? The patch log shows no
>errors on the last patch?
>
>Have you checked for spyware or viruses that might be interfering with
>your networking? Some mess up the hosts files.

I don't trust the 7AE disk, but not for this reason.

Also, I had a few difficulties on Atlantic today (at a most
inopportune time I might add).

Good luck.

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:02:05 -0500, "Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Ok. Basicly since the last update they released. It appeares that my uo
>client tells me that it can not communicate with the origin severs at log
>in. I've uninstalled the game. Cleared it from the registry. Reinstalled it.
>(7th Aniv edit). Downloaded and applied the updates. Rebooted and get the
>same message. I've disabled my firewalls and I still get the same message.
>Anyone else have this happen? and if you have. How did ya fix it?
>
>Sticky_314

I had some problems after a patch a few months ago. Not your same problem.
The 3D UO would not run at all, and 2D seemed to be lagging bad.
I checked everything. Reloded the program also. I had the latest drivers.
My husband went in and put on an old vid drivers that someone on one of
the games groups suggested, and things have been running fine.

Only thing I can come up with, is some programmer did something that
my vid driver did not like.

Check your drivers, even try an old one or two.

Ice

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 05:15:05 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

>On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:02:05 -0500, "Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Ok. Basicly since the last update they released. It appeares that my uo
>>client tells me that it can not communicate with the origin severs at log
>>in. I've uninstalled the game. Cleared it from the registry. Reinstalled it.
>>(7th Aniv edit). Downloaded and applied the updates. Rebooted and get the
>>same message. I've disabled my firewalls and I still get the same message.
>>Anyone else have this happen? and if you have. How did ya fix it?
>>
>>Sticky_314
>>
>I had some problems after a patch a few months ago. Not your same problem.
>The 3D UO would not run at all, and 2D seemed to be lagging bad.
>I checked everything. Reloded the program also. I had the latest drivers.
>My husband went in and put on an old vid drivers that someone on one of
>the games groups suggested, and things have been running fine.
>
>Only thing I can come up with, is some programmer did something that
>my vid driver did not like.
>
>Check your drivers, even try an old one or two.
>
>Ice

A week or two ago I decided it was time to redo my XP from scratch even
though I have some ghost images I could restore from. I guess I was in a
tinkering mood. Anyhow I got it all done but then I could not get UO to
patch at all. It turns out that if the \patch folder isn't there the
patch downloader doesn't know how to create it. Rather confusing until I
actually looked at the error message.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

>>Ok. Basicly since the last update they released. It appeares that my uo
>>client tells me that it can not communicate with the origin severs at log
>>in. I've uninstalled the game. Cleared it from the registry. Reinstalled
>>it.
>>(7th Aniv edit). Downloaded and applied the updates. Rebooted and get the
>>same message. I've disabled my firewalls and I still get the same message.
>>Anyone else have this happen? and if you have. How did ya fix it?
>>
>>Sticky_314
>
> It may just be that the login servers are having problems. That happens
> sometimes.
>
> Are you sure that all the patching went okay? The patch log shows no
> errors on the last patch?
>
> Have you checked for spyware or viruses that might be interfering with
> your networking? Some mess up the hosts files.

I've ran spybot S&D and Spyware Blaster about twenty times over. Ran a virus
scan about 10 times. Checked to make sure that UO was registered with XP Pro
firewall for connection purposes. Still nothing. Its wierd. Its like
everything else for the net works except for UO. One thing that I did not
mention was the fact that I also have installed a router recientlly. But why
would it not work now considering that router was replacing a old router.
Should have picked up where the other one left off. I seriouslly doubt it to
be a lack of resorces as this thing has plenty. P4 3.01 Ghz. 800mhz
frontside bus. 1024MB RAM. 256MB video card. SB Audigy 5.1 surround sound.
Duel 120Gig HDs. Cable connection to net. Any suggestions?

Sticky_314

>>>Ok. Basicly since the last update they released. It appeares that my uo
>>>client tells me that it can not communicate with the origin severs at log
>>>in. I've uninstalled the game. Cleared it from the registry. Reinstalled
>>>it.
>>>(7th Aniv edit). Downloaded and applied the updates. Rebooted and get the
>>>same message. I've disabled my firewalls and I still get the same
>>>message.
>>>Anyone else have this happen? and if you have. How did ya fix it?
>>>
>>>Sticky_314
>>
>>It may just be that the login servers are having problems. That happens
>>sometimes.
>>
>>Are you sure that all the patching went okay? The patch log shows no
>>errors on the last patch?
>>
>>Have you checked for spyware or viruses that might be interfering with
>>your networking? Some mess up the hosts files.
>
> I don't trust the 7AE disk, but not for this reason.

Ok. Why not? Cause if the reason is legit, I'll get AoS out and load up off
of that.

Sticky_314

> Also, I had a few difficulties on Atlantic today (at a most
> inopportune time I might add).
>
> Good luck.

>>>Ok. Basicly since the last update they released. It appeares that my uo
>>>client tells me that it can not communicate with the origin severs at log
>>>in. I've uninstalled the game. Cleared it from the registry. Reinstalled
>>>it.
>>>(7th Aniv edit). Downloaded and applied the updates. Rebooted and get the
>>>same message. I've disabled my firewalls and I still get the same
>>>message.
>>>Anyone else have this happen? and if you have. How did ya fix it?
>>>
>>>Sticky_314
>>
>> It may just be that the login servers are having problems. That happens
>> sometimes.
>>
>> Are you sure that all the patching went okay? The patch log shows no
>> errors on the last patch?
>>
>> Have you checked for spyware or viruses that might be interfering with
>> your networking? Some mess up the hosts files.
>
> I've ran spybot S&D and Spyware Blaster about twenty times over. Ran a
> virus scan about 10 times. Checked to make sure that UO was registered
> with XP Pro firewall for connection purposes. Still nothing. Its wierd.
> Its like everything else for the net works except for UO. One thing that I
> did not mention was the fact that I also have installed a router
> recientlly. But why would it not work now considering that router was
> replacing a old router. Should have picked up where the other one left
> off. I seriouslly doubt it to be a lack of resorces as this thing has
> plenty. P4 3.01 Ghz. 800mhz frontside bus. 1024MB RAM. 256MB video card.
> SB Audigy 5.1 surround sound. Duel 120Gig HDs. Cable connection to net.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Sticky_314

Well I switched on old computer and tried updateing that one. It updated and
logged in. Jumped back on this one and got the same results.8-| WTF?!

Sticky_314

Sticky_314 wrote:

> Ok. Basicly since the last update they released. It appeares that my uo
> client tells me that it can not communicate with the origin severs at log
> in. I've uninstalled the game. Cleared it from the registry. Reinstalled it.
> (7th Aniv edit). Downloaded and applied the updates. Rebooted and get the
> same message. I've disabled my firewalls and I still get the same message.
> Anyone else have this happen? and if you have. How did ya fix it?
>
> Sticky_314

My S.O. computer develops files in the UO folder that can't be patched.
I am not sure why, power outage while playing the game, shutting off the
computer with the power switch while UO is running,...

Rarely have I been able to defrag/repair to a point where the game will
start patching again. Almost invariably it requires a new UO install and
a couple of hours of patching.

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 08:09:19 -0500, "Sticky_314"
<sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> I don't trust the 7AE disk, but not for this reason.
>
>Ok. Why not? Cause if the reason is legit, I'll get AoS out and load up off
>of that.

I'm sorry, but I can't recall specifically what I didn't like,
just that it all seemed wonky. I had reinstalled several times
that weekend, after a complete re-build of XP. I installed from
an earlier CD and put up with the patching instead. All was fine
after that.

If yer still having troubles, and have the time / bandwidth,
install from an earlier disk.

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 08:07:46 -0500, "Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>>>Ok. Basicly since the last update they released. It appeares that my uo
>>>client tells me that it can not communicate with the origin severs at log
>>>in. I've uninstalled the game. Cleared it from the registry. Reinstalled
>>>it.
>>>(7th Aniv edit). Downloaded and applied the updates. Rebooted and get the
>>>same message. I've disabled my firewalls and I still get the same message.
>>>Anyone else have this happen? and if you have. How did ya fix it?
>>>
>>>Sticky_314
>>
>> It may just be that the login servers are having problems. That happens
>> sometimes.
>>
>> Are you sure that all the patching went okay? The patch log shows no
>> errors on the last patch?
>>
>> Have you checked for spyware or viruses that might be interfering with
>> your networking? Some mess up the hosts files.
>
>I've ran spybot S&D and Spyware Blaster about twenty times over. Ran a virus
>scan about 10 times. Checked to make sure that UO was registered with XP Pro
>firewall for connection purposes. Still nothing. Its wierd. Its like
>everything else for the net works except for UO. One thing that I did not
>mention was the fact that I also have installed a router recientlly. But why
>would it not work now considering that router was replacing a old router.
>Should have picked up where the other one left off. I seriouslly doubt it to
>be a lack of resorces as this thing has plenty. P4 3.01 Ghz. 800mhz
>frontside bus. 1024MB RAM. 256MB video card. SB Audigy 5.1 surround sound.
>Duel 120Gig HDs. Cable connection to net. Any suggestions?
>
>Sticky_314

Try pinging or running a traceroute to the patch, login and game server
you use. You can see the details of their addresses here:
http://uo.stratics.com/content/misc/servip.shtml

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

archeon

"Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Well I switched on old computer and tried updateing that one. It updated
> and logged in. Jumped back on this one and got the same results.8-| WTF?!
>
> Sticky_314
Ok, this is a shot in the dark based on a problem I had with a much older
version a couple of years ago!
First you could look at the login.cfg file in the uo2d directory and check
it has these lines?
LoginServer=login.owo.com,7775
LoginServer=login.owo.com,7776

Then there is the main uo.cfg file. In it there is info on your last login,
and a 'next login key'. I once managed to get this file corrupted, and the
key expected by OSI wasn't what was in this file. You might look at the old
pc, and try changing the value to whatever is says once you have logged out
of the game on it. I don't know if this will help, but it worked for me :)

good luck

Archeon

> Ok. Basicly since the last update they released. It appeares that my uo
> client tells me that it can not communicate with the origin severs at log
> in. I've uninstalled the game. Cleared it from the registry. Reinstalled
> it. (7th Aniv edit). Downloaded and applied the updates. Rebooted and get
> the same message. I've disabled my firewalls and I still get the same
> message. Anyone else have this happen? and if you have. How did ya fix it?
>
> Sticky_314

Well I tinkered around and found that my problem was a cobination of two
things. Firewall changes that Spybot S & D made (thanks a lot) and my router
box. I got Norton Int Sec. Has firewall, anti adware and antivirus. Found 54
ad programs on my box. Once again, thanks a lot spybot. As far as the router
box. I have no idea what the hell I did to it. But it works now so oh well.
Thanks for all those that gave help.

Sticky_314

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:00:05 -0500, "Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>> Ok. Basicly since the last update they released. It appeares that my uo
>> client tells me that it can not communicate with the origin severs at log
>> in. I've uninstalled the game. Cleared it from the registry. Reinstalled
>> it. (7th Aniv edit). Downloaded and applied the updates. Rebooted and get
>> the same message. I've disabled my firewalls and I still get the same
>> message. Anyone else have this happen? and if you have. How did ya fix it?
>>
>> Sticky_314
>
>Well I tinkered around and found that my problem was a cobination of two
>things. Firewall changes that Spybot S & D made (thanks a lot) and my router

Never tell it to immunize.

>box. I got Norton Int Sec. Has firewall, anti adware and antivirus. Found 54
>ad programs on my box. Once again, thanks a lot spybot. As far as the router
>box. I have no idea what the hell I did to it. But it works now so oh well.
>Thanks for all those that gave help.

Good to hear.