Paragon question

Who / What is Paragon? Over the weekend i was shopping at some vendors and
i noticed that a few had some chests stating something like they were
recovered from the gargoyle Paragon or some other such creature named
Paragon. Depending on the Vendor these things were going for 10-15K.... then
tonight i tripped across one that had a sellers note "unopened". Inside
there were a few items, armor, weapons, money, gems, and jewelery (thats all
i can remember) and they were selling for 150K.

I understand that i am on Cats, and from what i hear it has a large gold
environment (not by my banks though) and so some prices are high but i
thought that was absurd!

TIA
Paul
14 answers Last reply
More about paragon question
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Paul - Catskills" <rasputin01@adelphia.net.net> wrote in message
    > Who / What is Paragon? Over the weekend i was shopping at some vendors
    > and i noticed that a few had some chests stating something like they were
    > recovered from the gargoyle Paragon or some other such creature named
    > Paragon. Depending on the Vendor these things were going for 10-15K....
    > then tonight i tripped across one that had a sellers note "unopened".
    > Inside there were a few items, armor, weapons, money, gems, and jewelery
    > (thats all i can remember) and they were selling for 150K.
    >
    > I understand that i am on Cats, and from what i hear it has a large gold
    > environment (not by my banks though) and so some prices are high but i
    > thought that was absurd!
    >
    > TIA
    > Paul
    >Well.... I looked at stratics tonight and answered my own question about
    >the Paragons..... Thanks!
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 01:08:31 -0500, "Paul - Catskills"
    <rasputin01@adelphia.net.net> wrote:

    >Who / What is Paragon? Over the weekend i was shopping at some vendors and
    >i noticed that a few had some chests stating something like they were
    >recovered from the gargoyle Paragon or some other such creature named
    >Paragon. Depending on the Vendor these things were going for 10-15K.... then
    >tonight i tripped across one that had a sellers note "unopened". Inside
    >there were a few items, armor, weapons, money, gems, and jewelery (thats all
    >i can remember) and they were selling for 150K.
    >
    >I understand that i am on Cats, and from what i hear it has a large gold
    >environment (not by my banks though) and so some prices are high but i
    >thought that was absurd!
    >
    >TIA
    >Paul

    They are a new "boss" kind of monster that spawns in Illshenar. I don't
    recall the specifics but every creature that spawns now has an uber
    version with more hit points, better skills, etc. They are colored gold
    in the 2d client and it says [paragon] under their name. You get a chance
    at getting a minor artifact and/or a "paragon chest" from them. The
    chests are like treasure chests basically so you open them with
    lockpicking. I don't really see the point in them myself.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 01:08:31 -0500, "Paul - Catskills"
    <rasputin01@adelphia.net.net> wrote:

    >Who / What is Paragon? Over the weekend i was shopping at some vendors and
    >i noticed that a few had some chests stating something like they were
    >recovered from the gargoyle Paragon or some other such creature named
    >Paragon. Depending on the Vendor these things were going for 10-15K.... then
    >tonight i tripped across one that had a sellers note "unopened". Inside
    >there were a few items, armor, weapons, money, gems, and jewelery (thats all
    >i can remember) and they were selling for 150K.
    >
    >I understand that i am on Cats, and from what i hear it has a large gold
    >environment (not by my banks though) and so some prices are high but i
    >thought that was absurd!
    >
    >TIA
    >Paul

    That is Beta testers vendors. Paragon is the "new" land. They are using
    their beta program to play the new land on their home shard.
    They really should not be complaining about not getting anything special
    for being beta testers. They have been playing the game and reaping
    the profit for weeks now.

    Ice
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 06:44:36 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

    >On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 01:08:31 -0500, "Paul - Catskills"
    ><rasputin01@adelphia.net.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Who / What is Paragon? Over the weekend i was shopping at some vendors and
    >>i noticed that a few had some chests stating something like they were
    >>recovered from the gargoyle Paragon or some other such creature named
    >>Paragon. Depending on the Vendor these things were going for 10-15K.... then
    >>tonight i tripped across one that had a sellers note "unopened". Inside
    >>there were a few items, armor, weapons, money, gems, and jewelery (thats all
    >>i can remember) and they were selling for 150K.
    >>
    >>I understand that i am on Cats, and from what i hear it has a large gold
    >>environment (not by my banks though) and so some prices are high but i
    >>thought that was absurd!
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>Paul
    >>
    >That is Beta testers vendors. Paragon is the "new" land. They are using
    >their beta program to play the new land on their home shard.
    >They really should not be complaining about not getting anything special
    >for being beta testers. They have been playing the game and reaping
    >the profit for weeks now.
    >
    >Ice
    OOPS........... Im wrong........ sorry....... I saw the stuff and "assumed" it
    was beta testers using their advantage.

    Ice
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 06:46:35 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

    >>Ice
    >OOPS........... Im wrong........ sorry....... I saw the stuff and "assumed" it
    >was beta testers using their advantage.
    >
    >Ice

    Hah, that's funny IceLady. When I read that post I actually checked
    its header to see if it was our Comcast friend trying to make you
    look bad. :)

    Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >The
    >chests are like treasure chests basically so you open them with
    >lockpicking. I don't really see the point in them myself.

    More brightly colored lewt for people to sell at outrageously blown-up prices?

    *waits for the buzzer*
    *a panel flips on a giant board*

    "More junk for people to load their vendors with! 75 points!"

    A few of the minor artifacts are pretty nice, i personally can't wait for the
    Heart of the Lion platemail tunic, and hope it will be a nice Cobalt Blue, or
    even a not too garish Gold hue...it's promised to have resists comparable to
    the Violet Courage female plate artifact, and it's been sooooo long since i've
    bothered to wear a platemail tunic thanks to the increased STR req put in with
    AoS.(why 85 str to wear a full suit wasn't good enough, i'll never know...)

    Though if i could just get lucky with a runic, make a valorite plate tunic &
    legs with resists to match my current chainmail gear with lower str req, i'd be
    pacified.

    I miss platemail...i'm so tired of wearing an old-style archer's suit...

    ~Cyrus~

    *Of course, if i could get enough gold saved up that the 2 million average
    price for a +25 stat scroll didn't seem so steep, i'd just add some more str
    onto Cy and start burning ingots :}*
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >Subject: Paragon question
    >From: "Paul - Catskills" rasputin01@adelphia.net.net
    >Date: 10/31/2004 10:08 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >Who / What is Paragon? Over the weekend i was shopping at some vendors and
    >i noticed that a few had some chests stating something like they were
    >recovered from the gargoyle Paragon or some other such creature named
    >Paragon. Depending on the Vendor these things were going for 10-15K.... then
    >tonight i tripped across one that had a sellers note "unopened". Inside
    >there were a few items, armor, weapons, money, gems, and jewelery (thats all
    >i can remember) and they were selling for 150K.

    All chests that are on a vendor can be looked inside, whether "opened" or
    "unopened". Nice way to find out what is inside of them.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    > Though if i could just get lucky with a runic, make a valorite plate tunic
    > &
    > legs with resists to match my current chainmail gear with lower str req,
    > i'd be
    > pacified.
    >
    > I miss platemail...i'm so tired of wearing an old-style archer's suit...
    >
    > ~Cyrus~
    >
    > *Of course, if i could get enough gold saved up that the 2 million average
    > price for a +25 stat scroll didn't seem so steep, i'd just add some more
    > str
    > onto Cy and start burning ingots :}*

    There is always ebay........

    Sticky_314
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On 02 Nov 2004 06:56:16 GMT, pl722@aol.comnospam (Paul W. Lints)
    wrote:

    >All chests that are on a vendor can be looked inside, whether "opened" or
    >"unopened". Nice way to find out what is inside of them.

    How do you do that?
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Jaeger Prelac" <jprelac@softhome.net> wrote in message
    > On 02 Nov 2004 06:56:16 GMT, pl722@aol.comnospam (Paul W. Lints)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >All chests that are on a vendor can be looked inside, whether "opened" or
    > >"unopened". Nice way to find out what is inside of them.
    >
    > How do you do that?

    Double-click it like you would any other container.
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    > >There is always ebay........
    >>

    > I fall into the anti-eBay crowd, personally.
    >
    > I believe paying for gold or items cheapens them and encourages a market
    > that
    > shouldn't have been allowed to exist in the first place...
    >
    > But if it's your bag, go for it...
    >
    > *shrugs*
    > ~Cyrus~

    Yes. I asm guilty of it one instance. Considering that I am the only one (at
    leaast I think I am) on here that is on the GL shard. I have very very very
    few in game friends and am not quiet "skilled" game wise. To me it was
    either ebay for a +25 stat scroll or save a ludicrious amount of gold to
    spend on some over priced vendor in Yuna. It had the buy noiw option for
    $19.95. Average going rate for gold is $11. So I figured it would have been
    around 1.8 oto 1.9 million in gold for the price I paid for it. So far the
    cheapest I have seen that scroll go for is 3 Million. Take into all those
    factors and I would say it was a good deal and a whole hell-uv-a-lot less of
    a head ache. But thats me. And as far as playing and earning things. If its
    something I think I can do, I'll play it out. But thats one thing that the
    deck was stacked against me emenslly.

    Sticky_314
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Cyrus of Sosaria" <cystocot4@cs.com> wrote in message
    > >There is always ebay........
    >>

    > I fall into the anti-eBay crowd, personally.
    >
    > I believe paying for gold or items cheapens them and encourages a market
    > that
    > shouldn't have been allowed to exist in the first place...
    >
    > But if it's your bag, go for it...

    Well I have been guilty of using eBay this time around, to buy gold. When I
    returned to the game in June I managed to get my first house, after 3 years
    of trying. Thing was I wanted to get it customised and then get on with
    actually enjoying the game and working on my chars (I even posted here about
    it before I decided). So I got my 1mil, I felt a bit guilty about it, as it
    did seem to be going against the spirit of the game. Now what helped me to
    decide was the surcharge the house design program made when you committed a
    new design. As I was constantly tweaking and messing about, this 1mil got
    ate up pretty quickly - in fact I had to make some gold in-game to finish
    off my final design. Since the surcharge has now been removed - which I
    think is a huge improvement - I don't need to buy any more eBay gold, and
    frankly, I wouldn't anyway.

    Shaun.
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Shaun Lucas wrote:
    > "Cyrus of Sosaria" <cystocot4@cs.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>>There is always ebay........
    >>>

    >>I fall into the anti-eBay crowd, personally.
    >>
    >>I believe paying for gold or items cheapens them and encourages a market
    >>that
    >>shouldn't have been allowed to exist in the first place...
    >>
    >>But if it's your bag, go for it...
    >

    > Well I have been guilty of using eBay this time around, to buy gold. When I
    > returned to the game in June I managed to get my first house, after 3 years
    > of trying. Thing was I wanted to get it customised and then get on with
    > actually enjoying the game and working on my chars

    That's the rub. The eBay gold miners are still there hogging in game
    resources and spawn now that you are ready to enjoy the game. They
    always move to the easily macroed and most lucrative profession as it
    changes so even if they don't get in your way now, they will eventually.
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >>>I fall into the anti-eBay crowd, personally.
    >>>
    >>>I believe paying for gold or items cheapens them and encourages a market
    >>>that
    >>>shouldn't have been allowed to exist in the first place...
    >>>
    >>>But if it's your bag, go for it...
    >>

    >> Well I have been guilty of using eBay this time around, to buy gold. When
    >> I returned to the game in June I managed to get my first house, after 3
    >> years of trying. Thing was I wanted to get it customised and then get on
    >> with actually enjoying the game and working on my chars
    >
    > That's the rub. The eBay gold miners are still there hogging in game
    > resources and spawn now that you are ready to enjoy the game. They always
    > move to the easily macroed and most lucrative profession as it changes so
    > even if they don't get in your way now, they will eventually.

    Like I said before. I seriouslly doubted that I would get a +25 scroll on my
    own. And thats why I went that way. But yea. Your right. Thats exactlly how
    they WILL get in YOUR way. I probally bvought that off a guy that has 2
    accounts with 9 reds total. I bought if off the one blue guy he had. 8-|
    sad.

    Sticky_314

Computers Games Video Games