Paragon question

Who / What is Paragon? Over the weekend i was shopping at some vendors and
i noticed that a few had some chests stating something like they were
recovered from the gargoyle Paragon or some other such creature named
Paragon. Depending on the Vendor these things were going for 10-15K.... then
tonight i tripped across one that had a sellers note "unopened". Inside
there were a few items, armor, weapons, money, gems, and jewelery (thats all
i can remember) and they were selling for 150K.

I understand that i am on Cats, and from what i hear it has a large gold
environment (not by my banks though) and so some prices are high but i
thought that was absurd!

TIA
Paul

"Paul - Catskills" <rasputin01@adelphia.net.net> wrote in message
> Who / What is Paragon? Over the weekend i was shopping at some vendors
> and i noticed that a few had some chests stating something like they were
> recovered from the gargoyle Paragon or some other such creature named
> Paragon. Depending on the Vendor these things were going for 10-15K....
> then tonight i tripped across one that had a sellers note "unopened".
> Inside there were a few items, armor, weapons, money, gems, and jewelery
> (thats all i can remember) and they were selling for 150K.
>
> I understand that i am on Cats, and from what i hear it has a large gold
> environment (not by my banks though) and so some prices are high but i
> thought that was absurd!
>
> TIA
> Paul
>Well.... I looked at stratics tonight and answered my own question about
>the Paragons..... Thanks!

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 01:08:31 -0500, "Paul - Catskills"
<rasputin01@adelphia.net.net> wrote:

>Who / What is Paragon? Over the weekend i was shopping at some vendors and
>i noticed that a few had some chests stating something like they were
>recovered from the gargoyle Paragon or some other such creature named
>Paragon. Depending on the Vendor these things were going for 10-15K.... then
>tonight i tripped across one that had a sellers note "unopened". Inside
>there were a few items, armor, weapons, money, gems, and jewelery (thats all
>i can remember) and they were selling for 150K.
>
>I understand that i am on Cats, and from what i hear it has a large gold
>environment (not by my banks though) and so some prices are high but i
>thought that was absurd!
>
>TIA
>Paul

They are a new "boss" kind of monster that spawns in Illshenar. I don't
recall the specifics but every creature that spawns now has an uber
version with more hit points, better skills, etc. They are colored gold
in the 2d client and it says [paragon] under their name. You get a chance
at getting a minor artifact and/or a "paragon chest" from them. The
chests are like treasure chests basically so you open them with
lockpicking. I don't really see the point in them myself.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 01:08:31 -0500, "Paul - Catskills"
<rasputin01@adelphia.net.net> wrote:

>Who / What is Paragon? Over the weekend i was shopping at some vendors and
>i noticed that a few had some chests stating something like they were
>recovered from the gargoyle Paragon or some other such creature named
>Paragon. Depending on the Vendor these things were going for 10-15K.... then
>tonight i tripped across one that had a sellers note "unopened". Inside
>there were a few items, armor, weapons, money, gems, and jewelery (thats all
>i can remember) and they were selling for 150K.
>
>I understand that i am on Cats, and from what i hear it has a large gold
>environment (not by my banks though) and so some prices are high but i
>thought that was absurd!
>
>TIA
>Paul

That is Beta testers vendors. Paragon is the "new" land. They are using
their beta program to play the new land on their home shard.
They really should not be complaining about not getting anything special
for being beta testers. They have been playing the game and reaping
the profit for weeks now.

Ice

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 06:44:36 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

>On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 01:08:31 -0500, "Paul - Catskills"
><rasputin01@adelphia.net.net> wrote:
>
>>Who / What is Paragon? Over the weekend i was shopping at some vendors and
>>i noticed that a few had some chests stating something like they were
>>recovered from the gargoyle Paragon or some other such creature named
>>Paragon. Depending on the Vendor these things were going for 10-15K.... then
>>tonight i tripped across one that had a sellers note "unopened". Inside
>>there were a few items, armor, weapons, money, gems, and jewelery (thats all
>>i can remember) and they were selling for 150K.
>>
>>I understand that i am on Cats, and from what i hear it has a large gold
>>environment (not by my banks though) and so some prices are high but i
>>thought that was absurd!
>>
>>TIA
>>Paul
>>
>That is Beta testers vendors. Paragon is the "new" land. They are using
>their beta program to play the new land on their home shard.
>They really should not be complaining about not getting anything special
>for being beta testers. They have been playing the game and reaping
>the profit for weeks now.
>
>Ice
OOPS........... Im wrong........ sorry....... I saw the stuff and "assumed" it
was beta testers using their advantage.

Ice

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 06:46:35 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

>>Ice
>OOPS........... Im wrong........ sorry....... I saw the stuff and "assumed" it
>was beta testers using their advantage.
>
>Ice

Hah, that's funny IceLady. When I read that post I actually checked
its header to see if it was our Comcast friend trying to make you
look bad. :)

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

>The
>chests are like treasure chests basically so you open them with
>lockpicking. I don't really see the point in them myself.

More brightly colored lewt for people to sell at outrageously blown-up prices?

*waits for the buzzer*
*a panel flips on a giant board*

"More junk for people to load their vendors with! 75 points!"

A few of the minor artifacts are pretty nice, i personally can't wait for the
Heart of the Lion platemail tunic, and hope it will be a nice Cobalt Blue, or
even a not too garish Gold hue...it's promised to have resists comparable to
the Violet Courage female plate artifact, and it's been sooooo long since i've
bothered to wear a platemail tunic thanks to the increased STR req put in with
AoS.(why 85 str to wear a full suit wasn't good enough, i'll never know...)

Though if i could just get lucky with a runic, make a valorite plate tunic &
legs with resists to match my current chainmail gear with lower str req, i'd be
pacified.

I miss platemail...i'm so tired of wearing an old-style archer's suit...

~Cyrus~

*Of course, if i could get enough gold saved up that the 2 million average
price for a +25 stat scroll didn't seem so steep, i'd just add some more str
onto Cy and start burning ingots :}*

>Subject: Paragon question
>From: "Paul - Catskills" rasputin01@adelphia.net.net
>Date: 10/31/2004 10:08 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>Who / What is Paragon? Over the weekend i was shopping at some vendors and
>i noticed that a few had some chests stating something like they were
>recovered from the gargoyle Paragon or some other such creature named
>Paragon. Depending on the Vendor these things were going for 10-15K.... then
>tonight i tripped across one that had a sellers note "unopened". Inside
>there were a few items, armor, weapons, money, gems, and jewelery (thats all
>i can remember) and they were selling for 150K.

All chests that are on a vendor can be looked inside, whether "opened" or
"unopened". Nice way to find out what is inside of them.

> Though if i could just get lucky with a runic, make a valorite plate tunic
> &
> legs with resists to match my current chainmail gear with lower str req,
> i'd be
> pacified.
>
> I miss platemail...i'm so tired of wearing an old-style archer's suit...
>
> ~Cyrus~
>
> *Of course, if i could get enough gold saved up that the 2 million average
> price for a +25 stat scroll didn't seem so steep, i'd just add some more
> str
> onto Cy and start burning ingots :}*

There is always ebay........

Sticky_314

On 02 Nov 2004 06:56:16 GMT, pl722@aol.comnospam (Paul W. Lints)
wrote:

>All chests that are on a vendor can be looked inside, whether "opened" or
>"unopened". Nice way to find out what is inside of them.

How do you do that?

Magik

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

"Jaeger Prelac" <jprelac@softhome.net> wrote in message
> On 02 Nov 2004 06:56:16 GMT, pl722@aol.comnospam (Paul W. Lints)
> wrote:
>
> >All chests that are on a vendor can be looked inside, whether "opened" or
> >"unopened". Nice way to find out what is inside of them.
>
> How do you do that?

Double-click it like you would any other container.

> >There is always ebay........
>>

> I fall into the anti-eBay crowd, personally.
>
> I believe paying for gold or items cheapens them and encourages a market
> that
> shouldn't have been allowed to exist in the first place...
>
> But if it's your bag, go for it...
>
> *shrugs*
> ~Cyrus~

Yes. I asm guilty of it one instance. Considering that I am the only one (at
leaast I think I am) on here that is on the GL shard. I have very very very
few in game friends and am not quiet "skilled" game wise. To me it was
either ebay for a +25 stat scroll or save a ludicrious amount of gold to
spend on some over priced vendor in Yuna. It had the buy noiw option for
$19.95. Average going rate for gold is $11. So I figured it would have been
around 1.8 oto 1.9 million in gold for the price I paid for it. So far the
cheapest I have seen that scroll go for is 3 Million. Take into all those
factors and I would say it was a good deal and a whole hell-uv-a-lot less of
a head ache. But thats me. And as far as playing and earning things. If its
something I think I can do, I'll play it out. But thats one thing that the
deck was stacked against me emenslly.

Sticky_314

"Cyrus of Sosaria" <cystocot4@cs.com> wrote in message
> >There is always ebay........
>>

> I fall into the anti-eBay crowd, personally.
>
> I believe paying for gold or items cheapens them and encourages a market
> that
> shouldn't have been allowed to exist in the first place...
>
> But if it's your bag, go for it...

Well I have been guilty of using eBay this time around, to buy gold. When I
returned to the game in June I managed to get my first house, after 3 years
of trying. Thing was I wanted to get it customised and then get on with
actually enjoying the game and working on my chars (I even posted here about
it before I decided). So I got my 1mil, I felt a bit guilty about it, as it
did seem to be going against the spirit of the game. Now what helped me to
decide was the surcharge the house design program made when you committed a
new design. As I was constantly tweaking and messing about, this 1mil got
ate up pretty quickly - in fact I had to make some gold in-game to finish
off my final design. Since the surcharge has now been removed - which I
think is a huge improvement - I don't need to buy any more eBay gold, and
frankly, I wouldn't anyway.

Shaun.

Shaun Lucas wrote:
> "Cyrus of Sosaria" <cystocot4@cs.com> wrote in message
>
>>>There is always ebay........
>>>

>>I fall into the anti-eBay crowd, personally.
>>
>>I believe paying for gold or items cheapens them and encourages a market
>>that
>>shouldn't have been allowed to exist in the first place...
>>
>>But if it's your bag, go for it...
>

> Well I have been guilty of using eBay this time around, to buy gold. When I
> returned to the game in June I managed to get my first house, after 3 years
> of trying. Thing was I wanted to get it customised and then get on with
> actually enjoying the game and working on my chars

That's the rub. The eBay gold miners are still there hogging in game
resources and spawn now that you are ready to enjoy the game. They
always move to the easily macroed and most lucrative profession as it
changes so even if they don't get in your way now, they will eventually.

>>>I fall into the anti-eBay crowd, personally.
>>>
>>>I believe paying for gold or items cheapens them and encourages a market
>>>that
>>>shouldn't have been allowed to exist in the first place...
>>>
>>>But if it's your bag, go for it...
>>

>> Well I have been guilty of using eBay this time around, to buy gold. When
>> I returned to the game in June I managed to get my first house, after 3
>> years of trying. Thing was I wanted to get it customised and then get on
>> with actually enjoying the game and working on my chars
>
> That's the rub. The eBay gold miners are still there hogging in game
> resources and spawn now that you are ready to enjoy the game. They always
> move to the easily macroed and most lucrative profession as it changes so
> even if they don't get in your way now, they will eventually.

Like I said before. I seriouslly doubted that I would get a +25 scroll on my
own. And thats why I went that way. But yea. Your right. Thats exactlly how
they WILL get in YOUR way. I probally bvought that off a guy that has 2
accounts with 9 reds total. I bought if off the one blue guy he had. 8-|
sad.

Sticky_314