What did they do to the Shadow Wisp's?

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

I have not been on much for weeks now, but I thought I would
gather a few bones for my Tailor tonight. I went to Ilshenar
through the Spirituality gate to find Shadow Wisp.

The place was loaded with Shadow Wisp and Pixies as usual, but there
were also a few White Wisp. That surprised me. Then everything
on the screen started attacking me. My character has very positive
Karma, so that was a total surprise.

My character was dead before I could take two paces toward the moon
gate. They even killed my bug........ :(

This happened once before, and it turned out that the weapon I was using
had some attribute that they did not like. I thought that could be the
problem, so I switched weapons, and went back to try to get my stuff.
They attacked me on sight. I lost everything except the weapon that
was insured.

I sure wish pets would follow a ghost better. I almost died again trying
to get my bug's ghost to follow me back home so I could get it rezed.
That has happened to me before. They do not follow orders from a ghost
very well.

Well, have they been giving the Shadow Wisp steroids?

Ice
10 answers Last reply
More about what shadow wisp
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 06:22:38 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

    >
    >I have not been on much for weeks now, but I thought I would
    >gather a few bones for my Tailor tonight. I went to Ilshenar
    >through the Spirituality gate to find Shadow Wisp.
    >
    >The place was loaded with Shadow Wisp and Pixies as usual, but there
    >were also a few White Wisp. That surprised me. Then everything
    >on the screen started attacking me. My character has very positive
    >Karma, so that was a total surprise.
    >
    >My character was dead before I could take two paces toward the moon
    >gate. They even killed my bug........ :(
    >
    >This happened once before, and it turned out that the weapon I was using
    >had some attribute that they did not like. I thought that could be the
    >problem, so I switched weapons, and went back to try to get my stuff.
    >They attacked me on sight. I lost everything except the weapon that
    >was insured.
    >
    >I sure wish pets would follow a ghost better. I almost died again trying
    >to get my bug's ghost to follow me back home so I could get it rezed.
    >That has happened to me before. They do not follow orders from a ghost
    >very well.
    >
    >Well, have they been giving the Shadow Wisp steroids?

    You sure it was white and not just a golden colored paragon shadow wisp?
    They'll chase after you. Since it's so easy to kill shadow wisps you'll
    probably come across the paragon kind there more often than any other kind
    in Illshenar.
    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 06:33:31 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:


    >You sure it was white and not just a golden colored paragon shadow wisp?
    >They'll chase after you. Since it's so easy to kill shadow wisps you'll
    >probably come across the paragon kind there more often than any other kind
    >in Illshenar.

    It just said "a wisp" when I finally killed one the third time I went back
    to get the damn bug. No "paragon" in the name.

    Everything in the spawn was attacking me, even the pixies. I did not attack
    them, and have not been using enemy of one. ( I do know that will get the
    spawn after you, as soon as you attack the first one).

    Ice
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 06:53:14 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

    >On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 06:33:31 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>You sure it was white and not just a golden colored paragon shadow wisp?
    >>They'll chase after you. Since it's so easy to kill shadow wisps you'll
    >>probably come across the paragon kind there more often than any other kind
    >>in Illshenar.
    >
    >It just said "a wisp" when I finally killed one the third time I went back
    >to get the damn bug. No "paragon" in the name.
    >
    >Everything in the spawn was attacking me, even the pixies. I did not attack
    >them, and have not been using enemy of one. ( I do know that will get the
    >spawn after you, as soon as you attack the first one).
    >
    >Ice

    Maybe it was one of the champ spawn effects? Or something for Halloween?
    I've just been chopping up solen and come across nothing unusual other
    than a somewhat too frequent brigand spawn nearby.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On 01 nov 2004 Polychromic was heard to say:

    > On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 06:53:14 GMT, (Ice) wrote:
    >>On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 06:33:31 GMT, Polychromic wrote:
    >>It just said "a wisp" when I finally killed one the third time I
    >>went back to get the damn bug. No "paragon" in the name.
    > Maybe it was one of the champ spawn effects? Or something for
    > Halloween? I've just been chopping up solen and come across
    > nothing unusual other than a somewhat too frequent brigand spawn
    > nearby.
    >
    According to the forums on Stratics, there is a slight bug, expected
    to be fixed in publish 28 (meaning.. eventually..) wherein some
    of the critters in Ilshenar attacks anyone on sight, instead of
    just the naughty types with bad karma..
    Haven't investigated myself, since the idea of being gangganked
    by white wisps and pixies is not my idea of a partay.. :)


    --
    John Hinge - shayera / .sPOOn. http://www.spoon.dvd-klub.dk
    On usenet I represent no one but myself.
    "You're basing your Pixie Faerie on Vin Diesel ? I'll say it again..
    Are you on Drugs ?" Gordo - The Black Hand - KotDT #79
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Ice" <Ice@noplace.com> wrote in message
    news:4185d1ad.3595726@newsgroups.bellsouth.net...
    >
    > I have not been on much for weeks now, but I thought I would
    > gather a few bones for my Tailor tonight. I went to Ilshenar
    > through the Spirituality gate to find Shadow Wisp.
    >
    > The place was loaded with Shadow Wisp and Pixies as usual, but there
    > were also a few White Wisp. That surprised me. Then everything
    > on the screen started attacking me. My character has very positive
    > Karma, so that was a total surprise.
    > Well, have they been giving the Shadow Wisp steroids?

    The Oaks spawn area is broken right now. They put in some champ spawn
    acceleration code and it made shadow wisps and everything else attack,
    regardless of your karma. The ki-rins are supposed to be particularly
    nasty......

    It's supposed to be fixed in the mythical Pub28 which will come out sometime
    after Tuesday. Just nobody knows how soon after and the devs aren't
    talking.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "John Hinge" Wrote:

    > According to the forums on Stratics, there is a slight bug, expected
    > to be fixed in publish 28 (meaning.. eventually..) wherein some
    > of the critters in Ilshenar attacks anyone on sight, instead of
    > just the naughty types with bad karma..
    > Haven't investigated myself, since the idea of being gangganked
    > by white wisps and pixies is not my idea of a partay.. :)
    >
    >

    I hear that! My crafter had a helluva shock when he went to mine some gold
    that occurs near there. Sensibly for a non-combat character though I rode
    away as soon as I was targetted.
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote in message
    news:HuadnSHGV8gR6BvcRVn-qQ@comcast.com...
    > "Ice" <Ice@noplace.com> wrote in message
    > news:4185d1ad.3595726@newsgroups.bellsouth.net...
    >>
    <snip>
    > The Oaks spawn area is broken right now. They put in some champ spawn
    > acceleration code and it made shadow wisps and everything else attack,
    > regardless of your karma. The ki-rins are supposed to be particularly
    > nasty......
    >
    'acceleration' is the word - I know it's not the same bug, but three wisps
    came after me tonight. I have NEVER seen a monster move like that! They
    weren't paragons, I checked - but once I finally managed to hide from them,
    it took less than 5 seconds for them to appear, and vanish off the other
    side of the screen. Not impressed.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:64pbo0h901qg369gimtn9bjjvl9ptionsj@4ax.com...
    > On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 06:53:14 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 06:33:31 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>You sure it was white and not just a golden colored paragon shadow wisp?
    >>>They'll chase after you. Since it's so easy to kill shadow wisps you'll
    >>>probably come across the paragon kind there more often than any other
    >>>kind
    >>>in Illshenar.
    >>
    >>It just said "a wisp" when I finally killed one the third time I went back
    >>to get the damn bug. No "paragon" in the name.
    >>
    >>Everything in the spawn was attacking me, even the pixies. I did not
    >>attack
    >>them, and have not been using enemy of one. ( I do know that will get the
    >>spawn after you, as soon as you attack the first one).
    >>
    >>Ice
    >
    > Maybe it was one of the champ spawn effects? Or something for Halloween?
    > I've just been chopping up solen and come across nothing unusual other
    > than a somewhat too frequent brigand spawn nearby.
    >
    Even in the champ spawns, the wisps, pixies etc only attack you if you have
    negative karma. Never liked that one at all, particularly when you get to
    the Unicorn stage; I always felt hesitant about setting about the spawn...

    Archeon
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Archeon" <archeon@ukgateway.net> wrote in message
    news:4186b13e$0$540$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
    >
    > Even in the champ spawns, the wisps, pixies etc only attack you if you
    have
    > negative karma. Never liked that one at all, particularly when you get to
    > the Unicorn stage; I always felt hesitant about setting about the spawn...
    >
    > Archeon
    >

    That USED TO BE true. It's broken right now, and the wisps, pixies, etc.
    ARE attacking positive karma players.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >Subject: Re: What did they do to the Shadow Wisp's?
    >From: John Hinge sidekick_gimmenospam_@nntp.dk
    >Date: 11/1/2004 1:17 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >Message-id: <Xns95946890718D8SHAYERA@62.243.74.162>
    >
    >On 01 nov 2004 Polychromic was heard to say:
    >
    >> On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 06:53:14 GMT, (Ice) wrote:
    >>>On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 06:33:31 GMT, Polychromic wrote:
    >>>It just said "a wisp" when I finally killed one the third time I
    >>>went back to get the damn bug. No "paragon" in the name.
    >> Maybe it was one of the champ spawn effects? Or something for
    >> Halloween? I've just been chopping up solen and come across
    >> nothing unusual other than a somewhat too frequent brigand spawn
    >> nearby.
    >>
    >According to the forums on Stratics, there is a slight bug, expected
    >to be fixed in publish 28 (meaning.. eventually..) wherein some
    >of the critters in Ilshenar attacks anyone on sight, instead of
    >just the naughty types with bad karma..
    >Haven't investigated myself, since the idea of being gangganked
    >by white wisps and pixies is not my idea of a partay.. :)
    >

    Everything at an Oaks spawn will attack you, regardless of your karma level. I
    am not sure if other positively aligned creatures are affected. You are
    correct that this is slated to be fixed in Publish 28. As a side note, it is
    possible to summon Paragon Champ Bosses at the moment. This chance will go
    away with Publish 28, so if you want a chest from a Paragon Champ then you had
    better get cracking :).
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Video Games