Age of empires 2 online

Im trying to play age of empires 2 The Conquerors online at msn gaming zone.
I can connect to the room, i can join a game (the chat), the game is
launching...
And i get the error message: "Unable to join game".

I have a router: belkin 54g wireless
I've tried both cable and wireless, none works.
I've opened all ports needed, disabled the firewall and are using DMZ on my
local ip.
I have The Conquerors Expansion (Came with Age of Empires Gold Edition).
I have norton and i disabled it, it still does'nt work.
I use Win XP Home SP2, with the latest security updates.

Thanks in advance...
1 answer Last reply
More about empires online

    Hi Flarsen,

    Does it work when you bypass the router and connect direct?

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "*FLarsen*" <FLarsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC2CF701-DF89-49F9-A5CF-7990F20A47C1@microsoft.com...
    > Im trying to play age of empires 2 The Conquerors online at msn gaming zone.
    > I can connect to the room, i can join a game (the chat), the game is
    > launching...
    > And i get the error message: "Unable to join game".
    >
    > I have a router: belkin 54g wireless
    > I've tried both cable and wireless, none works.
    > I've opened all ports needed, disabled the firewall and are using DMZ on my
    > local ip.
    > I have The Conquerors Expansion (Came with Age of Empires Gold Edition).
    > I have norton and i disabled it, it still does'nt work.
    > I use Win XP Home SP2, with the latest security updates.
    >
    > Thanks in advance...

Games Video Games