MN 500 VPN Problems

Hi,

I have problems accessing my office VPN. I cannot access
VPN through MN 500 router, I have to directly connect to
my cable modem to get into VPN. Can someone pls help me
configure MN-500 to work with VPN's

Thanks

This is not typically a problem with the router. Some VPN software will not work with NAT translation (Network Address Translation). This is what allows your to direct traffic to specific computers. What VPN software are you using?

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"VinRip" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1e06401c45536$22da8e00$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I have problems accessing my office VPN. I cannot access
> VPN through MN 500 router, I have to directly connect to
> my cable modem to get into VPN. Can someone pls help me
> configure MN-500 to work with VPN's
>
> Thanks

You may need to open some ports on the router, most often
port 500, but it depends on the router. Ask the admin
which ports the VPN needs.

I am having the same issues. I have a sonicwall VPN
Global Client. I can connect from hotels, airports and
the what not, but at home it shows connected, but never
gives a virtual IP. I tried to use the application
trigger, opening up port 500, but still not luck. Maybe
I missed a step on the application trigger. ANy help
would be appreciated.

Smart Display
>Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
>http://www.dougknox.com
>--------------------------------
>Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
>http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm
>--------------------------------
>Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
>"VinRip" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1e06401c45536$22da8e00$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have problems accessing my office VPN. I cannot
access
>> VPN through MN 500 router, I have to directly connect
>> my cable modem to get into VPN. Can someone pls help
me
>> configure MN-500 to work with VPN's
>>
>> Thanks
>.