Has anyone recieved and installed SE yet?

If you already received it, where did you order it from? I would like to
know because that is where I will order from the next time.

I ordered mine from EAstore and they haven't even indicated the order was
processed or shipped yet.

Andrea

Magik

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

"Andrea2" <andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone recieved and installed SE yet?
>
> If you already received it, where did you order it from? I would like to
> know because that is where I will order from the next time.
>
> I ordered mine from EAstore and they haven't even indicated the order was
> processed or shipped yet.
>
> Andrea

EBGames and Gamestop have started shipping already. Most people on Stratics
that ordered through EA have not heard a word about their orders.

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:49:09 -0800, "Andrea2"
<andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Has anyone recieved and installed SE yet?
>
>If you already received it, where did you order it from? I would like to
>know because that is where I will order from the next time.
>
>I ordered mine from EAstore and they haven't even indicated the order was
>processed or shipped yet.
>
>Andrea

I ordered a couple copies from EB last week after I finally got my gift
codes. They came this morning. I'm just about to install it and see what
goes wrong. :)

I did pay some huge markup to have them shipped quickly. $44 each
including shipping I think.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

"Andrea2" <andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone recieved and installed SE yet?
>
> If you already received it, where did you order it from? I would like to
> know because that is where I will order from the next time.
>
> I ordered mine from EAstore and they haven't even indicated the order was
> processed or shipped yet.
>
> Andrea

I pre-ordered at my local GameStop. They called me today that I should pick
it up on Wednesday afternoon after 2 pm.

I know at that time all good house spots are gone.

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 19:12:05 -0800, "Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote:

>"Andrea2" <andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Has anyone recieved and installed SE yet?
>>
>> If you already received it, where did you order it from? I would like to
>> know because that is where I will order from the next time.
>>
>> I ordered mine from EAstore and they haven't even indicated the order was
>> processed or shipped yet.
>>
>> Andrea
>>
>EBGames and Gamestop have started shipping already. Most people on Stratics
>that ordered through EA have not heard a word about their orders.

That's just like the last 3-4 times. You'd think they'd learn. Are these
people ordering from EA just new players or for some reason unable to
order from other sites?

--

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 03:33:05 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote:

>"Andrea2" <andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Has anyone recieved and installed SE yet?
>>
>> If you already received it, where did you order it from? I would like to
>> know because that is where I will order from the next time.
>>
>> I ordered mine from EAstore and they haven't even indicated the order was
>> processed or shipped yet.
>>
>> Andrea
>>

>I pre-ordered at my local GameStop. They called me today that I should pick
>it up on Wednesday afternoon after 2 pm.
>
>I know at that time all good house spots are gone.

Housing is not turned on yet.

--

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 03:33:05 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"Andrea2" <andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Has anyone recieved and installed SE yet?
>>>
>>> If you already received it, where did you order it from? I would like to
>>> know because that is where I will order from the next time.
>>>
>>> I ordered mine from EAstore and they haven't even indicated the order
>>> was
>>> processed or shipped yet.
>>>
>>> Andrea
>>>

>>I pre-ordered at my local GameStop. They called me today that I should
>>pick
>>it up on Wednesday afternoon after 2 pm.
>>
>>I know at that time all good house spots are gone.
>>
> Housing is not turned on yet.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

I think the point was they turn on the housing on the 3rd (Wens). By the
time he picks it up at 2PM (Plus install and upgrade etc.) the houses will
all be up and no room left.

>Subject: Re: UOSE
>From: Polychromic macecil@comcast.net
>Date: 11/2/2004 8:55 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 19:12:05 -0800, "Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote:
>
>>"Andrea2" <andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Has anyone recieved and installed SE yet?
>>>
>>> If you already received it, where did you order it from? I would like to
>>> know because that is where I will order from the next time.
>>>
>>> I ordered mine from EAstore and they haven't even indicated the order was
>>> processed or shipped yet.
>>>
>>> Andrea
>>>
>>EBGames and Gamestop have started shipping already. Most people on Stratics
>>that ordered through EA have not heard a word about their orders.
>
>That's just like the last 3-4 times. You'd think they'd learn. Are these
>people ordering from EA just new players or for some reason unable to
>order from other sites?

Actually, EA shipped AoS a day early. So quite a few people decided to
preorder from them.

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:58:47 -0700, "Alminair"
<Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:

>I think the point was they turn on the housing on the 3rd (Wens). By the
>time he picks it up at 2PM (Plus install and upgrade etc.) the houses will
>all be up and no room left.

Are they turning it on then? I looked around but didn't see any official
word as to the schedule.

--

> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:58:47 -0700, "Alminair"
> <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:
>
>>I think the point was they turn on the housing on the 3rd (Wens). By the
>>time he picks it up at 2PM (Plus install and upgrade etc.) the houses will
>>all be up and no room left.
>
> Are they turning it on then? I looked around but didn't see any official
> word as to the schedule.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

From UO.com FYI (Currently the last item if you go to the FYI page and not
the blurb on the main page):

Tokuno Housing Delay Plans by Territory Oct 29 2004 2:17AM CST
(GMT -06:00)
We are implementing a territory specific housing delay in order to
ensure that players from each territory have a fair chance to get a home on
the Tokuno Islands. This delay has been implemented due to community
requests as well as to reduce the server load.

The schedule for turning on housing placement on the shards is as
follows, PST:

a.. 2 November - Yamato, Izumo, Wakoku, Hokuto, Mizuho, Mugen,
Sakura, Formosa

b.. 3 November - Chesapeake, Atlantic, Catskills, Siege Perilous,
Legends, Napa Valley, Great Lakes, Lake Austin, Baja, Sonoma, Pacific, Lake
Superior

c.. 12 November - Arirang, Balhae, Europa, Drachenfels, Oceania

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 22:27:45 -0700, "Alminair"
<Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:

>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:58:47 -0700, "Alminair"
>> <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:
>>
>>>I think the point was they turn on the housing on the 3rd (Wens). By the
>>>time he picks it up at 2PM (Plus install and upgrade etc.) the houses will
>>>all be up and no room left.
>>
>> Are they turning it on then? I looked around but didn't see any official
>> word as to the schedule.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Cecil
>> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
>
>From UO.com FYI (Currently the last item if you go to the FYI page and not
>the blurb on the main page):
>

> Tokuno Housing Delay Plans by Territory Oct 29 2004 2:17AM CST
>(GMT -06:00)
> We are implementing a territory specific housing delay in order to
>ensure that players from each territory have a fair chance to get a home on
>the Tokuno Islands. This delay has been implemented due to community
>requests as well as to reduce the server load.
>
> The schedule for turning on housing placement on the shards is as
>follows, PST:
>
> a.. 2 November - Yamato, Izumo, Wakoku, Hokuto, Mizuho, Mugen,
>Sakura, Formosa
>
> b.. 3 November - Chesapeake, Atlantic, Catskills, Siege Perilous,
>Legends, Napa Valley, Great Lakes, Lake Austin, Baja, Sonoma, Pacific, Lake
>Superior
>
> c.. 12 November - Arirang, Balhae, Europa, Drachenfels, Oceania

Hmmm. That's hardly a delay at all. They sound like they're
congratulating themselves on adding a delay. I bet they're just spinning
this and these were the dates all along. I'm glad I already have a nice
house or two.

--

> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 22:27:45 -0700, "Alminair"
> <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:
>

>>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> Are they turning it on then? I looked around but didn't see any
>>> official
>>> word as to the schedule.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael Cecil
>>> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
>>
>>From UO.com FYI (Currently the last item if you go to the FYI page and not
>>the blurb on the main page):
>>

>> Tokuno Housing Delay Plans by Territory Oct 29 2004 2:17AM CST
>>(GMT -06:00)
>> We are implementing a territory specific housing delay in order to
>>ensure that players from each territory have a fair chance to get a home
>>on
>>the Tokuno Islands. This delay has been implemented due to community
>>requests as well as to reduce the server load.
>>
>> The schedule for turning on housing placement on the shards is as
>>follows, PST:
>>
>> a.. 2 November - Yamato, Izumo, Wakoku, Hokuto, Mizuho, Mugen,
>>Sakura, Formosa
>>
>> b.. 3 November - Chesapeake, Atlantic, Catskills, Siege Perilous,
>>Legends, Napa Valley, Great Lakes, Lake Austin, Baja, Sonoma, Pacific,
>>Lake
>>Superior
>>
>> c.. 12 November - Arirang, Balhae, Europa, Drachenfels, Oceania
>
> Hmmm. That's hardly a delay at all. They sound like they're
> congratulating themselves on adding a delay. I bet they're just spinning
> this and these were the dates all along. I'm glad I already have a nice
> house or two.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

I got lucky enough to get 2 nice ones. One is even a 17x18 but its in Malas
so I mainly use it for extra storage. My main house/Guild house is just
above the shrine of Honor next to the graveyard spawn. Of course it takes 2
accounts to do it but after 4 years of no house it's nice.

>>>EBGames and Gamestop have started shipping already. Most people on
>>>Stratics
>>>that ordered through EA have not heard a word about their orders.
>>
>>That's just like the last 3-4 times. You'd think they'd learn. Are these
>>people ordering from EA just new players or for some reason unable to
>>order from other sites?

I got mine threw the EA store. I have recieved word that my order has been
confirmed. Not sure if it has been shipped though. As far as why use the EA
store. well the lil $15 off coupon I got from them was the reason. Since I
had this extra cash. I figured why not and used that extra cash to spend on
the fast shipping. :p

Sticky_314

> I pre-ordered at my local GameStop. They called me today that I should
pick
> it up on Wednesday afternoon after 2 pm.
>
> I know at that time all good house spots are gone.

The follow-up story is not good. I received the call from GameStop. They
said somehow the shipment didn't include UO:SE since I am the only one that
pre-ordered. They will try to get two copies from other stores in the local
area. They asked me to call back on Thursday.

"Alminair" <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:

>I think the point was they turn on the housing on the 3rd (Wens). By the
>time he picks it up at 2PM (Plus install and upgrade etc.) the houses will
>all be up and no room left.

Yah, all 150 of them.

I'm utterly amazed at the amount of bile the players have expended
over such a tiny amount of housing.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 21:29:29 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:

>"Alminair" <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:
>
>>I think the point was they turn on the housing on the 3rd (Wens). By the
>>time he picks it up at 2PM (Plus install and upgrade etc.) the houses will
>>all be up and no room left.
>
>Yah, all 150 of them.
>
>I'm utterly amazed at the amount of bile the players have expended
>over such a tiny amount of housing.

Don't you know that everyone has to have at least a 18x18 otherwise they
aren't 733t?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 21:29:29 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:
>
>>"Alminair" <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:
>>
>>>I think the point was they turn on the housing on the 3rd (Wens). By the
>>>time he picks it up at 2PM (Plus install and upgrade etc.) the houses will
>>>all be up and no room left.
>>
>>Yah, all 150 of them.
>>
>>I'm utterly amazed at the amount of bile the players have expended
>>over such a tiny amount of housing.
>
>Don't you know that everyone has to have at least a 18x18 otherwise they
>aren't 733t?

In that case the bile is being expended over about 12 spaces....

D.
--

"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message

> "Andrea2" <andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone recieved and installed SE yet?
> >
> > If you already received it, where did you order it from? I would like to
> > know because that is where I will order from the next time.
> >
> > I ordered mine from EAstore and they haven't even indicated the order
was
> > processed or shipped yet.
> >
> > Andrea
> >

> I pre-ordered at my local GameStop. They called me today that I should
pick
> it up on Wednesday afternoon after 2 pm.
>
> I know at that time all good house spots are gone.

This turns out to be a nightmare for me. I pre-ordered two copies at Game
Stop. So far, they haven't received any copy yet.

> "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Andrea2" <andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Has anyone recieved and installed SE yet?
>> >
>> > If you already received it, where did you order it from? I would like
>> > know because that is where I will order from the next time.
>> >
>> > I ordered mine from EAstore and they haven't even indicated the order
> was
>> > processed or shipped yet.
>> >
>> > Andrea
>> >

>> I pre-ordered at my local GameStop. They called me today that I should
> pick
>> it up on Wednesday afternoon after 2 pm.
>>
>> I know at that time all good house spots are gone.
>>

> This turns out to be a nightmare for me. I pre-ordered two copies at Game
> Stop. So far, they haven't received any copy yet.

I had ordered from Gamestop. Got it the next day (They shipped FedEx
Overnight)

Problem: I wasn't home. So, instead of, I dunno, leaving it, or putting a
message on my door that they'd been by, they just put it back on the truck
to try again the next day. The *ONLY* reason I knew they'd even been by was
because I tracked the package (Always a good idea).

I had to pick it up the next day from the local FedEx place, as the second
delivery attempt ALSO happened while I wasn't home.

--
psz

"psz" <psz01@cox.net> wrote in message

> "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Andrea2" <andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > was

> >> I pre-ordered at my local GameStop. They called me today that I should
> > pick
> >> it up on Wednesday afternoon after 2 pm.
> >>
> >> I know at that time all good house spots are gone.
> >>

> > This turns out to be a nightmare for me. I pre-ordered two copies at
Game
> > Stop. So far, they haven't received any copy yet.
> >

> I had ordered from Gamestop. Got it the next day (They shipped FedEx
> Overnight)
>
> Problem: I wasn't home. So, instead of, I dunno, leaving it, or putting a
> message on my door that they'd been by, they just put it back on the truck
> to try again the next day. The *ONLY* reason I knew they'd even been by
was
> because I tracked the package (Always a good idea).
>
> I had to pick it up the next day from the local FedEx place, as the second
> delivery attempt ALSO happened while I wasn't home.
>
> --
> psz

I chose to pick up instead of delivery since the store is one mile away from
my home. Huge mistake. The clerks don't know what UO is. I have to explain
over the phone many times. Sometimes I just drove to the store and they
weren't happy about that and told me I should call first. They also told me
they tried to get copies in the local area but none of their stores received
the UO:SE yet.