So let me get this straight. They send me the code to activate my soul
stone. But yet I can't use it until my actual copy of UO:SE gets here and I
upgrade my account. Is this correct?

If so then the next question is for those at EA.
Did you guys eat a bowl of stupid for breakfast??? WTF?

Sticky_314

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:03:57 -0500, "Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>So let me get this straight. They send me the code to activate my soul
>stone. But yet I can't use it until my actual copy of UO:SE gets here and I
>upgrade my account. Is this correct?

I don't think so. If you're referring to the emailed code from 9-25
through last week, it was a "gift" code in celebration of the 7th year of
UO. You redeem it for a 7AE gift.

I got my soulstone codes (redeemable Friday?) on slips of paper included
in my UOSE shipping boxes but not actually inside the UOSE game box.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

>>So let me get this straight. They send me the code to activate my soul
>>stone. But yet I can't use it until my actual copy of UO:SE gets here and
>>upgrade my account. Is this correct?
>
> I don't think so. If you're referring to the emailed code from 9-25
> through last week, it was a "gift" code in celebration of the 7th year of
> UO. You redeem it for a 7AE gift.
>
> I got my soulstone codes (redeemable Friday?) on slips of paper included
> in my UOSE shipping boxes but not actually inside the UOSE game box.

This is exactlly what my email said............

Thanks for pre-ordering Ultima Online: Samurai Empire!

To claim your in-game Soulstone, follow these steps:

1. Launch the game and enter UO using the character you wish to have
the Soulstone.
2. Open your paperdoll (or character window) and click the Help
button.
3. Click the"Claim Promotional Item" button at the bottom of the Help
window.
4. Enter your promotional code EXACTLY as it appears below.*

*snips out code*

Your code will be verified and, if valid, the Soulstone will be placed
in your bank box.
For more information about the Soulstone, visit
http://fun.ea.com/cgi-bin24/DM/y/eQsK0G5gpd0DIM0UUi0CW

*The Soulstone promotional code will only work on Ultima Online
accounts upgraded to play Ultima Online : Samurai Empire.

Like I said. WTF? I don't see the point in them emailing the codes out.
Thought that would in the box with the new version. like they did the 6th
char slot on UO:7AE.

Sticky_314

"Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Like I said. WTF? I don't see the point in them emailing the codes out.
>Thought that would in the box with the new version. like they did the 6th
>char slot on UO:7AE.

That's because the two promotions (UOSE preorder and 7AE) work
differently.

The UOSE promotion was only available when folks pre-ordered something
that will be available for a long time.

The 7AE promotion was available to everyone who bought the game.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:03:57 -0500, "Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>So let me get this straight. They send me the code to activate my soul
>>stone. But yet I can't use it until my actual copy of UO:SE gets here and
>>upgrade my account. Is this correct?
>
> I don't think so. If you're referring to the emailed code from 9-25
> through last week, it was a "gift" code in celebration of the 7th year of
> UO. You redeem it for a 7AE gift.
>
> I got my soulstone codes (redeemable Friday?) on slips of paper included
> in my UOSE shipping boxes but not actually inside the UOSE game box.

I have posted this question in the Soulstones FAQ thread in UO Stratics. I
received my codes via the GameDemand website, as they cleverly put them on
my order history page, then emailed me to tell me. Once we receive word that
the Soulstones are activated, I *may* try entering one of the codes, as it
will be several days before I receive my copies of SE (I am in the UK).

Ah, just checked Stratics as I was writing this: According to UO moderator
xenonthemage, we CAN enter our codes and receive our stones before upgrading
our accounts. Excellent news.

Shaun.

"Shaun Lucas" wrote:

>> I got my soulstone codes (redeemable Friday?) on slips of paper included
>> in my UOSE shipping boxes but not actually inside the UOSE game box.
>
> I have posted this question in the Soulstones FAQ thread in UO Stratics. I
> received my codes via the GameDemand website, as they cleverly put them on
> my order history page, then emailed me to tell me. Once we receive word
> that the Soulstones are activated, I *may* try entering one of the codes,
> as it will be several days before I receive my copies of SE (I am in the
> UK).
>
> Ah, just checked Stratics as I was writing this: According to UO moderator
> xenonthemage, we CAN enter our codes and receive our stones before
> upgrading our accounts. Excellent news.

I got my code from Gamedemand too. I notice that OSI is saying that there's
a hold on allowing people from Europe to claim soulstones, though.
Anyone know when we can claim?

> >Like I said. WTF? I don't see the point in them emailing the codes out.
>>Thought that would in the box with the new version. like they did the 6th
>>char slot on UO:7AE.
>>

> Utterly bizarre...who did you order from?

I bought mine from the EAstore. the $15 off coupon they sent to my email box
was enough to win my order. :p

Sticky_314

> "Shaun Lucas" wrote:
>>>
>>> I got my soulstone codes (redeemable Friday?) on slips of paper included
>>> in my UOSE shipping boxes but not actually inside the UOSE game box.
>>
>> I have posted this question in the Soulstones FAQ thread in UO Stratics.
>> I received my codes via the GameDemand website, as they cleverly put them
>> on my order history page, then emailed me to tell me. Once we receive
>> word that the Soulstones are activated, I *may* try entering one of the
>> codes, as it will be several days before I receive my copies of SE (I am
>> in the UK).
>>
>> Ah, just checked Stratics as I was writing this: According to UO
>> moderator xenonthemage, we CAN enter our codes and receive our stones
>> before upgrading our accounts. Excellent news.

Out-fricken-standing!!!

Sticky_314

I received the game shipped from EA store last night, but so far I
have yet to see any email for soulstone. How much longer should I wait
before I should be worried about not getting a code at all?

I would contact them right away. I got my solestone email at the same time
they shipped my game.

Andrea

"The Unbound" <non@valid.email> wrote in message

> "Shaun Lucas" wrote:
>>
>> Ah, just checked Stratics as I was writing this: According to UO
>> moderator xenonthemage, we CAN enter our codes and receive our stones
>> before upgrading our accounts. Excellent news.
>>

> I got my code from Gamedemand too. I notice that OSI is saying that
> there's a hold on allowing people from Europe to claim soulstones, though.
> Anyone know when we can claim?

Well I thought it was today on Europa, same as the US shards. Been trying
intermittently all day, keep getting a message saying that the soulstones
are not activated on this shard yet. Also tried paging a GM - the response I
received was "soon" and that I should "keep trying", which was no help.
Nearly midnight now, just tried again - no luck. Grr.

Shaun.

>I received the game shipped from EA store last night, but so far I
> have yet to see any email for soulstone. How much longer should I wait
> before I should be worried about not getting a code at all?

This might sound kind of repeated, but have you elected to recieve
updates/promotions from EA on your main account page?? If not. You won't get
a email from them. Kind of the same deal with all the 7th aniversary gifts.
Gotta have that box checked to get your item. I could be wrong. Just a
thought.

Sticky_314

"Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>I received the game shipped from EA store last night, but so far I
>> have yet to see any email for soulstone. How much longer should I wait
>> before I should be worried about not getting a code at all?
>
> This might sound kind of repeated, but have you elected to recieve
> updates/promotions from EA on your main account page?? If not. You won't
> get a email from them. Kind of the same deal with all the 7th aniversary
> gifts. Gotta have that box checked to get your item. I could be wrong.
> Just a thought.
>
> Sticky_314
Good thought but no. This is not EA promotions it's the EA store which is a
little different branch of the company.

TRENDING THREADS