Windows could not start

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi, I cant not start my computer because I get this message:"Windows could
not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install or copy the above file.
Please I need urgent help, I cant star my computer,I did every thing, press
F5 F8, stop power.Cant get rid of the message.
Thnks a lot.
--
Jfern

Visit my website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq
button and take a look at question 36 'How do i repair a missing or corrupt
HAL.DLL file.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I cant not start my computer because I get this message:"Windows could
> not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
> <windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
> Please re-install or copy the above file.
> Please I need urgent help, I cant star my computer,I did every thing,
> press
> F5 F8, stop power.Cant get rid of the message.
> Thnks a lot.
> --
> Jfern

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314477

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Jack wrote:

> Hi, I cant not start my computer because I get this message:"Windows could
> not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
> <windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
> Please re-install or copy the above file.
> Please I need urgent help, I cant star my computer,I did every thing, press
> F5 F8, stop power.Cant get rid of the message.
> Thnks a lot.

TRENDING THREADS