Custom House

Can a house be modified after it is committed and paid for?

I am reluctant to commit until I find out.

Andrea

"Andrea2" <andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can a house be modified after it is committed and paid for?
>
> I am reluctant to commit until I find out.
>
> Andrea
Yes, it can. It's improved drastically lately - the house used to be almost
demolished, and any items inside went into your 'moving crate'. Now, you can
just alter individual tiles - much nicer!

The only restriction is if you bought one of the 'standard' houses - the
pre-designed ones. You can't change those, unless you turn it into a custom
house, and try to simulate the original design (which, in some cases, is
utterly impossible)

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 23:50:22 -0800, "Andrea2"
<andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Can a house be modified after it is committed and paid for?
>
>I am reluctant to commit until I find out.

Yes. It used to be that all your stuff and house decor would go into a
moving crate and after you modified, you'd have to redecorate but I think
that's changed so redecorating isn't needed. Not positive though. Also,
I think that redesigning actually cost somewhat but I think that's changed
as well so you don't lose gp doing some redesigning. Also not sure.

But it can definitely be modified afterward.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 23:50:22 -0800, "Andrea2"
> <andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Can a house be modified after it is committed and paid for?
>>
>>I am reluctant to commit until I find out.
>
> Yes. It used to be that all your stuff and house decor would go into a
> moving crate and after you modified, you'd have to redecorate but I think
> that's changed so redecorating isn't needed. Not positive though. Also,
> I think that redesigning actually cost somewhat but I think that's changed
> as well so you don't lose gp doing some redesigning. Also not sure.
>
> But it can definitely be modified afterward.

The surcharge you used to have to pay when you committed a new house design
has indeed been removed, so you can correct mistakes or redesign later to
your heart's content without being charged (I personally think this is
excellent). Redecorating is also a thing of the past, as nearly all your
secures and lockdowns remain in place, although if you do a radical redesign
it means that you may leave locked down items literally floating in mid-air.
Actually this reminds me: one tip I can give is that if you do this, if you
unlock the item and then enter the house designer and then exit it, anything
that is not locked down is moved to under the house sign, which is also a
fine method to check that you have secured all your stuff after decorating.

Shaun.

Thanks for the answers. I've committed and already made changes. When I
removed an unwanted railing, I actually got a refund for the railing.

Andrea