Soulstone Time Delay!

I was helping my brother out... Helped him move his first skill via the
stone.... Went to do the second skill that he needed to move.... "You must
wait another 23 hours to do that".... Gee I don't remember their bieng a
TIME limit on these when EA pimped them?.... Anyone else remember that? EA:
Makes you think your goin to the brothel to see a purty lady and instead ya
get a grandma..... (Generates a similar feeling anyway)

Alminair

"Alminair" wrote:
>I was helping my brother out... Helped him move his first skill via the
>stone.... Went to do the second skill that he needed to move.... "You must
>wait another 23 hours to do that".... Gee I don't remember their bieng a
>TIME limit on these when EA pimped them?.... Anyone else remember that? EA:
>Makes you think your goin to the brothel to see a purty lady and instead ya
>get a grandma..... (Generates a similar feeling anyway)
>
> Alminair

Yes, that was there. That's why so many people have gotten 2 soulstones. It
speeds the process up no end.

"Alminair" <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote in message
>I was helping my brother out... Helped him move his first skill via the
>stone.... Went to do the second skill that he needed to move.... "You must
>wait another 23 hours to do that".... Gee I don't remember their bieng a
>TIME limit on these when EA pimped them?.... Anyone else remember that? EA:
>Makes you think your goin to the brothel to see a purty lady and instead ya
>get a grandma..... (Generates a similar feeling anyway)

Yes, they've said that from day one. Just think what it would be like if
there wasn't a delay - one minute you're fighting a mage who is out of mana
and regs, next second and one macro later, you're up against an expert
fencer - especially if they had more than one soulstone. No thanks. I die
every time I go near PvP anyway - you don't need to make mighty morphin'
PK's to make life even harder!!!

"Alergic Alchemist" <allyTchemist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Alminair" <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote in message
>>I was helping my brother out... Helped him move his first skill via the
>>stone.... Went to do the second skill that he needed to move.... "You must
>>wait another 23 hours to do that".... Gee I don't remember their bieng a
>>TIME limit on these when EA pimped them?.... Anyone else remember that?
>>EA: Makes you think your goin to the brothel to see a purty lady and
>>instead ya get a grandma..... (Generates a similar feeling anyway)
>>
> Yes, they've said that from day one. Just think what it would be like if
> there wasn't a delay - one minute you're fighting a mage who is out of
> mana and regs, next second and one macro later, you're up against an
> expert fencer - especially if they had more than one soulstone. No thanks.
> I die every time I go near PvP anyway - you don't need to make mighty
> morphin' PK's to make life even harder!!!

What I remember was the same thing they have posted on the uo.com:

"Soulstones are an amazing in-game device that gives you the power to store
skill points or to move skill points from one character to another. The
Soulstone gives you a great deal of flexibility in managing your characters'
abilities without losing the skill points you worked so hard to get! For
more information on Soulstones please Click Here."

That by the way is the CURRENT info on them.... No mention of time delays.
As far as the MMPKers you can't do that. You have to be out of combat, in a
secure logout location, and I'd guess that the combat timer that keeps you
from instalogging comes into play as well(Though its a guess I havn't
tested) I couls even see an hour delay, but 24?! Kinda BS!

"Alminair" <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:

>That by the way is the CURRENT info on them....

That's the current *ad copy* about them.

If you can't be bothered to read, and understand, the FAQ plainly
posted about them... That's your problem.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

"Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Alminair" <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:
>
>>That by the way is the CURRENT info on them....
>
> That's the current *ad copy* about them.
>
> If you can't be bothered to read, and understand, the FAQ plainly
> posted about them... That's your problem.
>
> D.
> --
> Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
>
> -Resolved: To be more temperate in my postings.
> Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

1. I don't remember seeing anything on a 'Delay' for use. The things I
remember are what are currently posted on the UO:SE FAQ which is:

What is the Pre-Sell offer?
If you pre-buy Ultima Online: Samurai Empire, you will get an in-game object
called a Soulstone.

How do I get my Soulstones?
When you go to the store to pick up the box you pre-ordered, you will be
given a coupon with a 20-digit code on it. (Make sure the store is
participating in the promotion before pre-ordering the game.)

Or, if you ordered from an online retailer, you will receive the coupon in
the same shipment as your Samurai Empire game. (Make sure the promotion is
mentioned on the Samurai Empire order page before ordering.)

Once you have the coupon, enter the 20-digit code into the in-game promotion
system and the Soulstone will appear in your in-game bank box.

How can I use a Soulstone?
If you have a character that you want to be a pure warrior, but he has a
bunch of Magery skill points, you can move those Magery skill points to
another character you own.

Or, if you have a character you'd like be a blacksmith one day and a warrior
the next, store your blacksmith skill points in one Soulstone and your
swordsmanship skill points in another Soulstone. Change your character back
and forth when you wish. (Except during battle. Soulstones cannot be used
during battle.)

Can I give a Soulstone to a friend?
No. Soulstones are account specific. You can pass your Soulstones from one
character you own to another, but you cannot give one to a friend.

Can Soulstones be used during battle?
No. You will not be able to use them in the middle of a fight.

Can I use a Soulstone to move skill points from one skill to another?
No. The skill points you store in a Soulstone cannot be transferred to
another skill. For instance, you can't turn Blacksmith skill points into
Swordsmanship.

Can I accumulate more skill points in one character by combining the skill
points with another character?
No. If you have 50 Swordsmanship on Character A and 40 Swordsmanship on
character B, you CANNOT combine those points to get 90 in Swordsmanship on
one character. If you move the points from Character A to Character B, he
will end up with 50 Swordsmanship skill points, erasing the 40 skill points
that were there before.

Can I have more than one Soulstone?
Yes. You get one for each box you pre-buy.

2. Where is this information you speak of? I read as much as I could about
the soulstone. Had there been anything on uo.com about it I would think I'd
at least have a vauge memory about seeing that word or its equivilant.
(although its possible I did miss it). Just out of curiosity why don't you
shoot me a link to where this info is posted? I'd like to see where they did
post it.

Alminair

"Alminair" <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote in message
<snip>
> That by the way is the CURRENT info on them.... No mention of time delays.
> As far as the MMPKers you can't do that. You have to be out of combat, in
> a secure logout location, and I'd guess that the combat timer that keeps
> you from instalogging comes into play as well(Though its a guess I havn't
> tested) I couls even see an hour delay, but 24?! Kinda BS!
*starts stopwatch*
How long shall we wait until someone comes up with a way to get around the
'out of combat' thing? e.g. run and hide (esp. people who lurk on the edge
of guard zones), tab out of war mode, switch, jump back into the battle?
Give it a while, it'll happen.

"Alminair" <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:

>1. I don't remember seeing anything on a 'Delay' for use. The things I
>remember are what are currently posted on the UO:SE FAQ which is:

The delay was mentioned when the dev's started discussing soulstones
back in Aug.

There is also a Soulstone FAQ that was linked off the startup screen,
the main UO site, and announced on the UOSS main page.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

archeon

"Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Alminair" <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:
>
>>That by the way is the CURRENT info on them....
>
> That's the current *ad copy* about them.
>
> If you can't be bothered to read, and understand, the FAQ plainly
> posted about them... That's your problem.
>
> D.
> --
> Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
>
> -Resolved: To be more temperate in my postings.
> Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

....I'm guessing your sig is ironic??

Archeon

"Archeon" <archeon@ukgateway.net> wrote:

>"Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Alminair" <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:
>>
>>>That by the way is the CURRENT info on them....
>>
>> That's the current *ad copy* about them.
>>
>> If you can't be bothered to read, and understand, the FAQ plainly
>> posted about them... That's your problem.
>>
>> D.
>> --
>> Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
>>
>> -Resolved: To be more temperate in my postings.
>> Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
>
>...I'm guessing your sig is ironic??

No, that was a quite temperate post.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 22:24:54 -0700, "Alminair"
<Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:

>I was helping my brother out... Helped him move his first skill via the
>stone.... Went to do the second skill that he needed to move.... "You must
>wait another 23 hours to do that".... Gee I don't remember their bieng a
>TIME limit on these when EA pimped them?.... Anyone else remember that? EA:
>Makes you think your goin to the brothel to see a purty lady and instead ya
>get a grandma..... (Generates a similar feeling anyway)
>
>Alminair

From <115dm05dgrtrqi9e4tntgaf8f327l8hs9s@4ax.com>, almost a month
ago.

>From what I've read; Once a day you may transfer skill points
>from a soulstones. It can hold one skill at a time. The stone
>can hold 120 points, but the char that tries to claim those
>points will need to be scrolled up, and have the space to
>accommodate them. The soulstone can be flushed, dumping the
>points permanently, probably by hitting the anykey.

I've long felt that UO has given up as a web site, and simply
left the info end of things to stratics. Sure, you can read the
latest news, but like any news story, it takes a while for all
the facts to come out.

Then I realized that the stratics site is old news. As many have
said here, the forums are where the info is at. The forums are a
rather cludgy way of dispensing information, IMHO.

Of course, the entire stratics site can't be viewed on a dial up,
it's just too slow. Well, it's possible, if you've got unlimited
patience.

I apologize again for not posting the URL to the forum thread at
the time. You wouldn't have looked anyway, but it may have
generated helpful discussion.

I claimed my soulstone over the weekend, and used it once. It
behaved exactly as I expected. It is, however, far uglier than I
had expected. I had it locked down on the floor for a while, but
as of yesterday, it will live inside a wooden chest.

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 19:45:19 -0700, "Alminair"
<Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:

>> From <115dm05dgrtrqi9e4tntgaf8f327l8hs9s@4ax.com>, almost a month
>> ago.
>
>I am at a loss on using this link? This a newsgroup or web site?

Supposed to be a message ID. I've never posted one before.
Looks like I still haven't.

>> I claimed my soulstone over the weekend, and used it once. It
>> behaved exactly as I expected. It is, however, far uglier than I
>> had expected. I had it locked down on the floor for a while, but
>> as of yesterday, it will live inside a wooden chest.
>
>Call me freaky, but I kinda like the look. Especially when it has a skill in
>it and it is pulsing/glowing. Other than that It'll get used onece in a blue
>moon. Great for clearing off the old skills I used to bump my stats up
>though!

I didn't notice any glowing. I'll have to have another look.
I've been creating new chars with 50 points in the skills I
haven't trained up yet, and transferring them to my "keepers".

>I am at a loss on using this link? This a newsgroup or web site?
>
> Supposed to be a message ID. I've never posted one before.
> Looks like I still haven't.
>
>>> I claimed my soulstone over the weekend, and used it once. It
>>> behaved exactly as I expected. It is, however, far uglier than I
>>> had expected. I had it locked down on the floor for a while, but
>>> as of yesterday, it will live inside a wooden chest.
>>
>>Call me freaky, but I kinda like the look. Especially when it has a skill
>>in
>>it and it is pulsing/glowing. Other than that It'll get used onece in a
>>blue
>>moon. Great for clearing off the old skills I used to bump my stats up
>>though!
>
> I didn't notice any glowing. I'll have to have another look.
> I've been creating new chars with 50 points in the skills I
> haven't trained up yet, and transferring them to my "keepers".

Actually thats not a bad idea. Would probally be considered a exploit
though.

Sticky_314

"Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I am at a loss on using this link? This a newsgroup or web site?
>>
>> Supposed to be a message ID. I've never posted one before.
>> Looks like I still haven't.

>>>Call me freaky, but I kinda like the look. Especially when it has a skill
>>>in
>>>it and it is pulsing/glowing. Other than that It'll get used onece in a
>>>blue
>>>moon. Great for clearing off the old skills I used to bump my stats up
>>>though!
>>
>> I didn't notice any glowing. I'll have to have another look.
>> I've been creating new chars with 50 points in the skills I
>> haven't trained up yet, and transferring them to my "keepers".
>
> Actually thats not a bad idea. Would probally be considered a exploit
> though.
>
> Sticky_314

That one is so obvious that I'm sure they thought of it. Of course with the
24hour delay it takes so long to DO that you could train and work them up
faster. Perhaps thats the 'other' reason for such a long delay?

"Jaeger Prelac" <jprelac@softhome.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 19:45:19 -0700, "Alminair"
> <Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:
>
>>> From <115dm05dgrtrqi9e4tntgaf8f327l8hs9s@4ax.com>, almost a month
>>> ago.
>>
>>I am at a loss on using this link? This a newsgroup or web site?
>
> Supposed to be a message ID. I've never posted one before.
> Looks like I still haven't.
>
>>> I claimed my soulstone over the weekend, and used it once. It
>>> behaved exactly as I expected. It is, however, far uglier than I
>>> had expected. I had it locked down on the floor for a while, but
>>> as of yesterday, it will live inside a wooden chest.
>>
>>Call me freaky, but I kinda like the look. Especially when it has a skill
>>in
>>it and it is pulsing/glowing. Other than that It'll get used onece in a
>>blue
>>moon. Great for clearing off the old skills I used to bump my stats up
>>though!
>
> I didn't notice any glowing. I'll have to have another look.
> I've been creating new chars with 50 points in the skills I
> haven't trained up yet, and transferring them to my "keepers".

It glows when there is a skill in it. It might need to be locked down (As my
Wife's was when she noticed and pointed it out to me.)

>> >I am at a loss on using this link? This a newsgroup or web site?
>>>
>>> Supposed to be a message ID. I've never posted one before.
>>> Looks like I still haven't.

>>> I didn't notice any glowing. I'll have to have another look.
>>> I've been creating new chars with 50 points in the skills I
>>> haven't trained up yet, and transferring them to my "keepers".
>>
>> Actually thats not a bad idea. Would probally be considered a exploit
>> though.
>>
>> Sticky_314
>
> That one is so obvious that I'm sure they thought of it. Of course with
> the 24hour delay it takes so long to DO that you could train and work them
> up faster. Perhaps thats the 'other' reason for such a long delay?
Well when I finally get my copy. I think my new 6th char is gonna be a tink,
carp to start off. Ofcorse over the next day or two. Those skillz will be
transfered over to my crafter. Yes it wouldn't take me long to raise those
skillz. But during that time I'll be razing skillz on other chars. :p

Sticky_314