The 6th Character

Hiya all!

I recieved my copy of SE yesterday, upgraded my account and installed the
game. First of all, it would not recognize my "desktop" folder which I of
course made backup of... (bye bye macros), and when I wanted to make myself
a ninja I didn't have the option to create a new char. Wasn't this supposed
to come with SE?
5 answers Last reply
More about character
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 09:16:30 +0100, "Tommy Knutsen" <tommykn@c2i.net>
    wrote:

    >Hiya all!
    >
    >I recieved my copy of SE yesterday, upgraded my account and installed the
    >game. First of all, it would not recognize my "desktop" folder which I of
    >course made backup of... (bye bye macros), and when I wanted to make myself
    >a ninja I didn't have the option to create a new char. Wasn't this supposed
    >to come with SE?

    No, if you wanted a 6th char slot you must buy 7AE. The 6th char slot is
    really about all you get when you buy it.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    wrote:

    >Hiya all!
    >
    >I recieved my copy of SE yesterday, upgraded my account and installed the
    >game. First of all, it would not recognize my "desktop" folder which I of
    >course made backup of... (bye bye macros), and when I wanted to make myself
    >a ninja I didn't have the option to create a new char. Wasn't this supposed
    >to come with SE?

    I don't think so. As far as I know the 6th character slot is strictly
    a bonus for buying the otherwise useless 7th anniversary edition of
    UO.

    Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    wrote:

    >Hiya all!
    >
    >I recieved my copy of SE yesterday, upgraded my account and installed the
    >game. First of all, it would not recognize my "desktop" folder which I of
    >course made backup of... (bye bye macros),

    I copied my Desktop folder right into the UOSE folder and it worked
    fine.

    > and when I wanted to make myself
    >a ninja I didn't have the option to create a new char. Wasn't this supposed
    >to come with SE?

    7AE bonus reward. You have to buy that to get the 6th slot. However,
    with UOSE you get COMBAT FANS!!!! (yuk! yuk!)

    --
    "Ceterum censeo delendam esse Spam."
    (With apologies to Cato the Elder.

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 02:13:14 -0800, OrionCA <OrionCA@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >7AE bonus reward. You have to buy that to get the 6th slot. However,
    >with UOSE you get COMBAT FANS!!!! (yuk! yuk!)

    They are actually pretty decent MACE weapons. *mind boggles*
    When they get around to issuing the UOUK will we see an umbrella fencing
    weapon?

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 10:34:56 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 02:13:14 -0800, OrionCA <OrionCA@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    >>7AE bonus reward. You have to buy that to get the 6th slot. However,
    >>with UOSE you get COMBAT FANS!!!! (yuk! yuk!)
    >
    >They are actually pretty decent MACE weapons. *mind boggles*
    >When they get around to issuing the UOUK will we see an umbrella fencing
    >weapon?

    And throwing derbies and black leather catsuits, yes...
    --
    "Ceterum censeo delendam esse Spam."
    (With apologies to Cato the Elder.
    I think he'd understand.)