Sign in with
Your question
Solved

The PC will restart if i play games

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
August 2, 2012 5:07:39 PM

Please help, I got no response from homebuilt forum, I need to fix this

So after 3 weeks with my PC dead because the old PSU died, I finally bought a new Cooler master 600w extreme power plus PSU, plus a new 500va UPS, the PC was working again and I was happy of it. The 29th of this month was my birthday, my dad bought me a new tv/monitor, a samsung 26" LED series 4050. I installed it and Im still looking for a good configuration so my text doesnt look like ***, but this is another trouble...

The first night with the new monitor I went to play some Minecraft, I opened it and was listening to music in iTunes while checking reddit in chrome, all sudden the music sticked and the screen went black, then the BIOS screen showed up and windows was starting again, I got worried because it could be something related with the PC case because its an old one. I checked the air coming out from the fan from the side of the case and it wasnt even warm, checked the air from the PSU, same. Didnt pay much attention, maybe something to do with the electricity, then I was playing some Spore, for like 20 mins and the screen went black again, rebooting... this time i checked the thing that says something like "WIndows didnt shut down in the correct way" clicked on show more info, this is the info from there:

Firma con problemas (Info about the error):

Nombre del evento de problema (Name of the event of the problem): BlueScreen
Versión del sistema operativo (OS Version): 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Id. de configuración regional(Regional configuration ID): 8202

Información adicional del problema (Aditional Information):

BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8003E7A4E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800F85B0BC
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

The PC doesnt show any bluescreen when it restarts, it goes black and then starts again

Some friends told me that it was definitely a virus, so I (almost crying because all my programs and configs will be gone) reinstalled windows, after the first config, I downloaded Minecraft to test the new 1.3.1, i think it was something close to 5 mins and guess what? Black screen>reboot>frustration

Went through more forums, i already changed settings in Startup & Recovery settings and untick automatically restart in System failure, checked for a worm that restarts your computer after some time and reinstalled DirectX

my specs are:

Samsung LED TV 26" 4050
Biostar Motherboard G41D3+
GeForce GTS 450
Intel Core2 Duo E8400
Avant DDR3 2gb x2
Samsung sp4002h 40gb HDD
Hitachi Deskstar T7K500 250gb HDD x2
CoolerMaster 600w extreme power plus
G-UPR506 UPS

More about : restart play games

August 2, 2012 5:22:34 PM

ClearType is currently on, its on by default in Windows 7

This is a fresh Windows install, because a friend told me that it was a virus, it was not..

Drivers are fresh installed too, but I can give it a try

I left only the Keyboard and the mouse plugged, still restarting
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 2, 2012 5:33:06 PM

First of all i would like u run scandisk, BSOD/autorestart sometimes leaves broken files in the hdd..... (this can also cause an error)

Your windows is autorestarting usually because hdd/mem/psu....

I would like u to unplug the memory/ram clean the pin, and reseat it. and run memtest86+ for all night see if it comes with error.. (after scaning hdd first)

See if it helps....

edit: it will like trial and error to narrow the problems..
m
l
Related resources
August 2, 2012 5:34:50 PM

It is a blue screen but your most likely not given a chance to see it. Right click my computer and goto Advanced, Startup & Recovery setting. Uncheck Automatically restart. This will allow you to see the blue screen error. Problem is I suspect your fried PSU did more damage than you realize. I've had MOBO go as well as HDD's. Cooking a PSU is almost as bad as a lightening strike.
m
l
August 2, 2012 5:39:55 PM

rdc85 said:
First of all i would like u run scandisk, BSOD/autorestart sometimes leaves broken files in the hdd..... (this can also cause an error)

Your windows is autorestarting usually because hdd/mem/psu....

I would like u to unplug the memory/ram clean the pin, and reseat it. and run memtest86+ for all night see if it comes with error.. (after scaning hdd first)

See if it helps....

edit: it will like trial and error to narrow the problems..

Im scaning the disks, and will restart so it can scan the main disk

how many time do the memtest86+ needs to be running? I can leave it during the day too, its not a problem

m
l
August 2, 2012 5:41:37 PM

price_th said:
It is a blue screen but your most likely not given a chance to see it. Right click my computer and goto Advanced, Startup & Recovery setting. Uncheck Automatically restart. This will allow you to see the blue screen error. Problem is I suspect your fried PSU did more damage than you realize. I've had MOBO go as well as HDD's. Cooking a PSU is almost as bad as a lightening strike.

I already did that, unchecking the Automatically restart and still no blue screen

Its sad to hear that but maybe it is true, i hope its something that i can replace easily..
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 2, 2012 5:52:31 PM

Usually people leave memtest runs when they go to sleep, couple of hours i guess it fine..

The proper way to mem test is one stick at the time... (it easier to find the problems than using couple of stick at same times)

but some people (including me) to lazy and just leave the test overnight..

btw prime95 blend test is also can test memory error....
m
l

Best solution

August 2, 2012 9:35:03 PM

Very bad choice of PSU and fairly certain on the reboots is due to this...

One of the Cooler Master PSU's that have labeling that's an outright lie and put under any type of stress - blows up.

Review HERE

You're very lucky it hasn't taken your system down. If I were you I'd immediately replace the Crapper Master and get a better quality - Seasonic, Enermax, Corsair, Antec, PC Power & Cooling, etc...
August 2, 2012 9:45:19 PM

RussK1 said:
Very bad choice of PSU...

One of the Cooler Master PSU's that have labeling that's an outright lie and put under any type of stress - blows up.

Review HERE

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j357/russwood8814/Capture-39.png

You're very lucky it hasn't taken your system down. If I were you I'd immediately replace the Crapper Master and get a better quality - Seasonic, Enermax, Corsair, Antec, PC Power & Cooling, etc...

Ouch... for the very first time that I try to buy something good and expensive, its not that good.. well I guess that its, in part, my fault for not looking at reviews before buying..

So, in a scale from 1 to 10 how the PSU can be the cause of the restarts? Ive noticed that the air from the PSU is warmer than the one from the fan cooler in the side of the Case

I had (the one that i burned) an Agiler 700w, its cheap and it worked well for almost a year, what do you guys think about that one?
m
l
August 2, 2012 10:04:38 PM

Tronikart said:
Ouch... for the very first time that I try to buy something good and expensive, its not that good.. well I guess that its, in part, my fault for not looking at reviews before buying..

So, in a scale from 1 to 10 how the PSU can be the cause of the restarts? Ive noticed that the air from the PSU is warmer than the one from the fan cooler in the side of the Case

I had (the one that i burned) an Agiler 700w, its cheap and it worked well for almost a year, what do you guys think about that one?

Constant restarts (esp. when trying to game) are indicative of power supply.

So out of 1 - 10?

1 being non-power related and 10 being 100% PSU?

I'd say a 10. Get another PSU, that particular one has CM in very hot water.

Start a thread in Systems for good recommendations at your budget and you'll receive good advice.

Good luck!
m
l
August 2, 2012 11:25:11 PM

Best answer selected by Tronikart.
m
l
August 2, 2012 11:27:13 PM

Thanks for the help, Im already looking for another PSU and see if i can sell this one or return it to the store as it has 4 days of use

m
l
August 3, 2012 1:14:42 AM

Tronikart said:
Thanks for the help, Im already looking for another PSU and see if i can sell this one or return it to the store as it has 4 days of use

+1

Good idea!

That G-UPR506 UPS is only 300w... I just noticed that. That's probably the problem, unplug your machine from the UPS and retest.

http://www.cdpups.com/product_detail.asp?tb=2&prdid=77

m
l
!