Help with windows HD/partition please!

Storm

please help me! this is what happened.
im runnin w2k with 3hd.
today i used partition magic to resize a partition, after that i decided
to install wxp. after the first reboot it started to load the files for the
installation and crashed when it loaded the NTFS one (you know it loads
a lot of files in the beginning). after that reset i finally get to the
point where the installer asks you in which partition you want XP installed.
the problem is... only one HD appeared to have partitions, other 2 HDs
it looked like they werent even formatted. so i aborted the installation,
launched w2k and sadly... 2 HD seems dead. if i run partition magic it says
"Z-Drive has been detected on drive 1, but EZ-Drive is corrupt" and i
really have no clue what that means. now my question is, WHAT can i do
to fix it so the 2 HD appear alive again? its 2 200gb Hds there is a lot
of stuff there i need to recover. if i dont find a solution ill have to run
r-studio on both and recover the files manually and thats a huge pain in the
butt. im not sure why both HDs disappeared... i dont know if it was the
XP installation or partition magic.

anyone have any idea about what i can do? thanks A LOT in advance!

I suggest you use Partition Table Doctor to resolve your
problem.The software provides very useful functions:
Backup partition table, Restore partition table, Rebuild
partition table, undelete partition, Fix boot sector,
rebuild mbr,etc.

First thing I recommend you download the demo version of
Partition Table Doctor.( http://www.ptdd.com/download.htm )

Run the program and select "Rebuild Partition Table",
then choose "Interactive" mode.

See more: http://www.ptdd.com/recoverylostpartition.htm
http://www.ptdd.com/recoverdeletedpartition.htm
http://www.ptdd.com/partition-recovery.htm
http://www.ptdd.com
--
Good work, Good day.

"storm" wrote:

> please help me! this is what happened.
> im runnin w2k with 3hd.
> today i used partition magic to resize a partition, after that i decided
> to install wxp. after the first reboot it started to load the files for the
> installation and crashed when it loaded the NTFS one (you know it loads
> a lot of files in the beginning). after that reset i finally get to the
> point where the installer asks you in which partition you want XP installed.
> the problem is... only one HD appeared to have partitions, other 2 HDs
> it looked like they werent even formatted. so i aborted the installation,
> launched w2k and sadly... 2 HD seems dead. if i run partition magic it says
> "Z-Drive has been detected on drive 1, but EZ-Drive is corrupt" and i
> really have no clue what that means. now my question is, WHAT can i do
> to fix it so the 2 HD appear alive again? its 2 200gb Hds there is a lot
> of stuff there i need to recover. if i dont find a solution ill have to run
> r-studio on both and recover the files manually and thats a huge pain in the
> butt. im not sure why both HDs disappeared... i dont know if it was the
> XP installation or partition magic.
>
> anyone have any idea about what i can do? thanks A LOT in advance!

Malke

lukeles wrote:

> I suggest you use Partition Table Doctor to resolve your
> problem.

Please stop flogging Partition Table Doctor in these groups. This
product has nothing to do with the OP's question and your posting is
just spam. The fact that you've changed your name from pdd to lukeles
doesn't matter. It was spam before and it's spam now.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com