I have XP Home sp2.
Whenever I try to create an html file in edit mode (in rich text HTML mode)
or paste HTML in the source window and try to edit it in edit mode, I can
not change the size of the fonts. It is set at 12 right now and stays there.
I highlight text and try to change the size, no matter what, it jumps right
back to 12. The font color and name, bold, italic, underline etc. all work
fine except the font SIZE. The default size is set at 12 for both mail and
NG so I went and changed them to 8 to see if that made a difference, No
Soap, still 12. I am at my wits end with this thing. Any suggestions please
somebody????
Many thanks,
shadoe

Are you using Stationery?

IE Tools > Internet Options > General > Accessibility: Anything checked
here? If so, uncheck it.

OLEXP: Cannot Change Text Format Using Outlook Express
(applies to OE6 in WinXP, too)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=178895
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

shadoe wrote:
> I have XP Home sp2.
> Whenever I try to create an html file in edit mode (in rich text HTML
> mode) or paste HTML in the source window and try to edit it in edit
> mode, I can not change the size of the fonts. It is set at 12 right now
> and stays there. I highlight text and try to change the size, no matter
> what, it jumps right back to 12. The font color and name, bold, italic,
> underline etc. all work fine except the font SIZE. The default size is
> set at 12 for both mail and NG so I went and changed them to 8 to see if
> that made a difference, No Soap, still 12. I am at my wits end with this
> thing. Any suggestions please somebody????
> Many thanks,
> shadoe

Yeahhhhhhhh, PA Bear, That was it. Thank you so much for your help!!!!!
shadoe

| Are you using Stationery?
|
| IE Tools > Internet Options > General > Accessibility: Anything checked
| here? If so, uncheck it.
|
| OLEXP: Cannot Change Text Format Using Outlook Express
| (applies to OE6 in WinXP, too)
| http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=178895
| --
| OE6-specific newsgroup:

| ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
| MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
|
| shadoe wrote:
| > I have XP Home sp2.
| > Whenever I try to create an html file in edit mode (in rich text HTML
| > mode) or paste HTML in the source window and try to edit it in edit
| > mode, I can not change the size of the fonts. It is set at 12 right now
| > and stays there. I highlight text and try to change the size, no matter
| > what, it jumps right back to 12. The font color and name, bold, italic,
| > underline etc. all work fine except the font SIZE. The default size is
| > set at 12 for both mail and NG so I went and changed them to 8 to see if
| > that made a difference, No Soap, still 12. I am at my wits end with
this
| > thing. Any suggestions please somebody????
| > Many thanks,
| > shadoe

YW but which one "was it"?
--