Soul stone capped at 100 or 120?

Magik

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
news:ayPld.3906$G36.2626@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Thanks

Capped at 120, but the receiving character has to be scrolled up to handle
the full amount of points stored in the stone or it won't let you transfer.
They originally said it would drop the excess, but I guess they changed it.

"Ar Q" wrote:
> Thanks

I've seen screenshots with amounts higher than 100 in a stone.
Of course if you are transfering a skill above 100 you'll need the receiving
character to have the right powerscrolled skill otherwise the exess will be
wasted.

"The Unbound" <non@valid.email> wrote in message
> "Ar Q" wrote:
> > Thanks
> >

> I've seen screenshots with amounts higher than 100 in a stone.
> Of course if you are transfering a skill above 100 you'll need the
receiving
> character to have the right powerscrolled skill otherwise the exess will
be
> wasted.

Thanks for the reply. I have one related question. Is it ok that I delete
the character that originally claimed the soul stone and passed that soul
stone to the new character on my 6th slot? Will the soul stone still be
there? Also, will the new character be able to use the personal bless deed
that was originally claimed by the deleted character on the same slot?

Thanks again,

Ar Q

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:08:36 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the reply. I have one related question. Is it ok that I delete
>the character that originally claimed the soul stone and passed that soul
>stone to the new character on my 6th slot? Will the soul stone still be
>there?

It's account specific not character specific. As long as it's not in a
bankbox of the char you delete, then it will still work on that account.
Supposedly <- EA disclaimer.

>Also, will the new character be able to use the personal bless deed
>that was originally claimed by the deleted character on the same slot?

No, those are character specific. If it says "Blessed for ... <char
name>" then it won't work for anyone else. I don't think it would work
even if you used the same character name.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

archeon

"The Unbound" <non@valid.email> wrote in message
> "Ar Q" wrote:
>> Thanks
>>

> I've seen screenshots with amounts higher than 100 in a stone.
> Of course if you are transfering a skill above 100 you'll need the
> receiving character to have the right powerscrolled skill otherwise the
> exess will be wasted.
Actually, it won't let you transfer the points out of the stone. I tried
this yesterday, and had to spend an hour looking for a +5 musicianship
scroll for my smith, so he can use the 103.1 points in the stone. It's
amazing how difficult a +5 can be to locate!

Archeon

"Archeon" wrote:

> "The Unbound" <non@valid.email> wrote in message

>> I've seen screenshots with amounts higher than 100 in a stone.
>> Of course if you are transfering a skill above 100 you'll need the
>> receiving character to have the right powerscrolled skill otherwise the
>> exess will be wasted.

> Actually, it won't let you transfer the points out of the stone. I tried
> this yesterday, and had to spend an hour looking for a +5 musicianship
> scroll for my smith, so he can use the 103.1 points in the stone. It's
> amazing how difficult a +5 can be to locate!
>
> Archeon

That's a nice little feature IMO.
Those points above 100 can be a real bitch to gain and it's nice not to have
them wasted by accident.

>Subject: Re: Soul stone capped at 100 or 120?
>From: Polychromic macecil@comcast.net
>Date: 11/14/2004 2:15 PM Pacific Standard Time

>No, those are character specific. If it says "Blessed for ... <char
>name>" then it won't work for anyone else. I don't think it would work
>even if you used the same character name.

Correct. They are tied to your character's individual number, not his/her
name.