Windows Update

I had to do repair on Widows XP. I did had SP 2 but after the repair it
reverted to SP1. Now I cannot get to the windows update center. Explorer
works fine going anywhere else. What is my problem.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

A K Bell wrote:

> I had to do repair on Widows XP. I did had SP 2 but after the repair it
> reverted to SP1. Now I cannot get to the windows update center. Explorer
> works fine going anywhere else. What is my problem.

You might want to post this to the experts in the windows update
newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsupdate

Include more information such as the system specs, how you're connecting
to the internet, etc.

Making Good Newsgroup Posts
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

What happens if you try to use the link below

http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

--
Peter

"A K Bell" <A K Bell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D072A24-47CD-4D7F-85B9-7FF3DE215E4A@microsoft.com...
>I had to do repair on Widows XP. I did had SP 2 but after the repair it
> reverted to SP1. Now I cannot get to the windows update center. Explorer
> works fine going anywhere else. What is my problem.

Rock

Windows Update changed to v6 RTM yesterday from v5 . Some got caught with this same issue as I noticed in a few other groups that I frequent.The fix was posted in those groups with the link that I posted. It brought up the new WU update and set the WU to work .

--
Peter

"Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message news:%23sRo3B$aFHA.3400@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>A K Bell wrote:
>
>> I had to do repair on Widows XP. I did had SP 2 but after the repair it
>> reverted to SP1. Now I cannot get to the windows update center. Explorer
>> works fine going anywhere else. What is my problem.
>
> You might want to post this to the experts in the windows update
> newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsupdate
>
> Include more information such as the system specs, how you're connecting
> to the internet, etc.
>
> Making Good Newsgroup Posts
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

kelly

Which other groups do you frequent, Peter? Just curious. :eek:)

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@email.msn.com> wrote in message
Rock

Windows Update changed to v6 RTM yesterday from v5 . Some got caught with
this same issue as I noticed in a few other groups that I frequent.The fix
was posted in those groups with the link that I posted. It brought up the
new WU update and set the WU to work .

--
Peter

"Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
>A K Bell wrote:
>
>> I had to do repair on Widows XP. I did had SP 2 but after the repair it
>> reverted to SP1. Now I cannot get to the windows update center. Explorer
>> works fine going anywhere else. What is my problem.
>
> You might want to post this to the experts in the windows update
> newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsupdate
>
> Include more information such as the system specs, how you're connecting
> to the internet, etc.
>
> Making Good Newsgroup Posts
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Kelly

..hu .ch .de .jp annexcafe and about 16 here on the MS public
--
Peter

"Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message news:OWTuyV$aFHA.1044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Which other groups do you frequent, Peter? Just curious. :eek:)
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@email.msn.com> wrote in message
> Rock
>
> Windows Update changed to v6 RTM yesterday from v5 . Some got caught with
> this same issue as I noticed in a few other groups that I frequent.The fix
> was posted in those groups with the link that I posted. It brought up the
> new WU update and set the WU to work .
>
> --
> Peter

> "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
>>A K Bell wrote:
>>
>>> I had to do repair on Widows XP. I did had SP 2 but after the repair it
>>> reverted to SP1. Now I cannot get to the windows update center. Explorer
>>> works fine going anywhere else. What is my problem.
>>
>> You might want to post this to the experts in the windows update
>> newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsupdate
>>
>> Include more information such as the system specs, how you're connecting
>> to the internet, etc.
>>
>> Making Good Newsgroup Posts
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> --
>> Rock
>> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Peter Foldes wrote:

> Rock
>
> Windows Update changed to v6 RTM yesterday from v5 . Some got caught with this same issue as I noticed in a few other groups that I frequent.The fix was posted in those groups with the link that I posted. It brought up the new WU update and set the WU to work .

Thanks Peter.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User