Atlantic get together!

Would Sunday the 28th (US Thanksgiving weekend) be a good weekend for any
Atlantic newsgroup regulars? I think we were planning on starting at
Ice's Tavern near Britain, then maybe go get killed in many inventive ways
in Yomotsu Mines to start. Anyhow, just starting to think about this so
get your ideas on the table.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 03:31:17 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>Would Sunday the 28th (US Thanksgiving weekend) be a good weekend for any
>Atlantic newsgroup regulars? I think we were planning on starting at
>Ice's Tavern near Britain, then maybe go get killed in many inventive ways
>in Yomotsu Mines to start. Anyhow, just starting to think about this so
>get your ideas on the table.

Anyone from other shards can make newbies and ghost around with us if
you want to............

Ice

On 16 Nov 2004 14:42:49 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

>>>Would Sunday the 28th (US Thanksgiving weekend) be a good weekend for any
>>>Atlantic newsgroup regulars?
>
>I'd be up for a little fun...if i'm not still stuffed full of Turkey & Pumpkin
>Pie... :}

That's a couple days later. Surely by then you'll be looking at leftover
turkey and gagging. ;)

Anyhow I wasn't sure if that would be a weekend when people would be
traveling and away from their computers, or if they'd certainly be at home
near their computers.

What is a good time to start?

--

"Ice" <Ice@noplace.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 03:31:17 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Would Sunday the 28th (US Thanksgiving weekend) be a good weekend for any
>>Atlantic newsgroup regulars? I think we were planning on starting at
>>Ice's Tavern near Britain, then maybe go get killed in many inventive ways
>>in Yomotsu Mines to start. Anyhow, just starting to think about this so
>>get your ideas on the table.
>
> Anyone from other shards can make newbies and ghost around with us if
> you want to............
>
> Ice

Ghost is right :p
I'll tag as long as someone doesn't mind rezzing me.... A lot :)
Or coming to get my n00b butt :)

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:13:54 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>>I'd be up for a little fun...if i'm not still stuffed full of Turkey & Pumpkin
>>Pie... :}
>
>That's a couple days later. Surely by then you'll be looking at leftover
>turkey and gagging. ;)
>
>Anyhow I wasn't sure if that would be a weekend when people would be
>traveling and away from their computers, or if they'd certainly be at home
>near their computers.
>
>What is a good time to start?

You name it, and I will do my best to be there........

Ice

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:21:05 -0700, "Alminair"
<Alminair@*Nospam*Earthlink.Net> wrote:

>"Ice" <Ice@noplace.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 03:31:17 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Would Sunday the 28th (US Thanksgiving weekend) be a good weekend for any
>>>Atlantic newsgroup regulars? I think we were planning on starting at
>>>Ice's Tavern near Britain, then maybe go get killed in many inventive ways
>>>in Yomotsu Mines to start. Anyhow, just starting to think about this so
>>>get your ideas on the table.
>>
>> Anyone from other shards can make newbies and ghost around with us if
>> you want to............
>>
>> Ice
>
>Ghost is right :p
>I'll tag as long as someone doesn't mind rezzing me.... A lot :)
>Or coming to get my n00b butt :)

Okay, well how about at 3pm shard time on the 28th? That's 2pm Central
time. Or is that too early? I generally play later myself but I'm not
sure what timezone people are in.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

>That's a couple days later. Surely by then you'll be looking at leftover
>turkey and gagging. ;)

I don't know...i looooove pie...

And it's always a good time for leftover turkey!

>Anyhow I wasn't sure if that would be a weekend when people would be
>traveling and away from their computers, or if they'd certainly be at home
>near their computers.

I'll be out of town Thanksgiving day, of course, but i'll be around lounging
and doing absolutely nothing by the 28th...besides eating pie...

>What is a good time to start?

Anytime's good for me, i'll likely be up and about around 11am EST, and online
shortly thereafter, planning a nice long day of trying to find something fun to
do and trying to resist the urge to go hunt bake-kitsune or dragons...

~Cyrus~

*And eating pie...*

On 17 Nov 2004 17:38:31 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

>>That's a couple days later. Surely by then you'll be looking at leftover
>>turkey and gagging. ;)
>>

>I don't know...i looooove pie...
>
>And it's always a good time for leftover turkey!
>
>>Anyhow I wasn't sure if that would be a weekend when people would be
>>traveling and away from their computers, or if they'd certainly be at home
>>near their computers.
>>

>I'll be out of town Thanksgiving day, of course, but i'll be around lounging
>and doing absolutely nothing by the 28th...besides eating pie...
>
>>What is a good time to start?
>>

>Anytime's good for me, i'll likely be up and about around 11am EST, and online
>shortly thereafter, planning a nice long day of trying to find something fun to
>do and trying to resist the urge to go hunt bake-kitsune or dragons...
>
>~Cyrus~
>
>*And eating pie...*

So you'll be coming to our little soirée at 3pm then? The more the
merrier. The shard is in the EST timezone right?

--

Polychromic wrote:

> Would Sunday the 28th (US Thanksgiving weekend) be a good weekend for any
> Atlantic newsgroup regulars? I think we were planning on starting at
> Ice's Tavern near Britain, then maybe go get killed in many inventive ways
> in Yomotsu Mines to start. Anyhow, just starting to think about this so
> get your ideas on the table.

I would prefer that Friday or Saturday or this comming F, Sat or Sun.
I start a new job on Mon the 29th, so I can't be out late, but
I'll be there. I can even swap characters at Cyrus' place :p

--
YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate

Polychromic wrote:

> On 17 Nov 2004 17:38:31 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:
>

>>>That's a couple days later. Surely by then you'll be looking at leftover
>>>turkey and gagging. ;)
>>>

>>I don't know...i looooove pie...
>>
>>And it's always a good time for leftover turkey!
>>

>>>Anyhow I wasn't sure if that would be a weekend when people would be
>>>traveling and away from their computers, or if they'd certainly be at home
>>>near their computers.
>>>

>>I'll be out of town Thanksgiving day, of course, but i'll be around lounging
>>and doing absolutely nothing by the 28th...besides eating pie...
>>

>>>What is a good time to start?
>>>

>>Anytime's good for me, i'll likely be up and about around 11am EST, and online
>>shortly thereafter, planning a nice long day of trying to find something fun to
>>do and trying to resist the urge to go hunt bake-kitsune or dragons...
>>
>>~Cyrus~
>>
>>*And eating pie...*
>

> So you'll be coming to our little soirée at 3pm then? The more the
> merrier. The shard is in the EST timezone right?

I'll show up

--
YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:48:09 -0600, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Polychromic wrote:
>
>> Would Sunday the 28th (US Thanksgiving weekend) be a good weekend for any
>> Atlantic newsgroup regulars? I think we were planning on starting at
>> Ice's Tavern near Britain, then maybe go get killed in many inventive ways
>> in Yomotsu Mines to start. Anyhow, just starting to think about this so
>> get your ideas on the table.
>>

>I would prefer that Friday or Saturday or this comming F, Sat or Sun.
> I start a new job on Mon the 29th, so I can't be out late, but
>I'll be there. I can even swap characters at Cyrus' place :p

Ah well, you can't please everyone, I guess. Anyhow if we start in the
afternoon as planned you'll have plenty of time before needing to go to
sleep. Unless you start your new job at midnight or something.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

>So you'll be coming to our little soirée at 3pm then? The more the
>merrier. The shard is in the EST timezone right?

Aye, i'll be there.
Just need either a meet up place or some icqs to know where to pop my head in.

If i'm running about on the Cystocot, i'll likely be mining in Fel, if i'm on
Cyrus, i'll probably be exploring a random crypt or getting my butt handed to
me by a dragon or two...

And yeah, Atlantic is EST, probably the only reason i get a decent conn with
dial-up. :}
(then again, i'm living on the east coast, yet i can play Pacific and even
Europa with about the same conn...)

~Cyrus~

*PIE!* hehe

Polychromic wrote:

> Ah well, you can't please everyone, I guess. Anyhow if we start in the
> afternoon as planned you'll have plenty of time before needing to go to
> sleep. Unless you start your new job at midnight or something.

7AM to 3:30PM baby.... :-D

--

On 18 Nov 2004 16:08:10 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

>>So you'll be coming to our little soirée at 3pm then? The more the
>>merrier. The shard is in the EST timezone right?
>>

>Aye, i'll be there.
>Just need either a meet up place or some icqs to know where to pop my head in.

Well, I never use ICQ anymore but the time and location will be Sunday the
28th in front of Ice's Tavern (which is next door to your house I think.)
Here's a pic just to be sure: http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/meetup.jpg

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

>>Well, I never use ICQ anymore but the time and location will be Sunday the
>>28th in front of Ice's Tavern (which is next door to your house I think.)
>
> Yeah, it's right next to my dumpy little house. :} I realized the location
> and
> what-not a few minutes after i hit send...oh well.
>
> I'm having a really off week.
>
> *goes off to water 20-some plants he potted after removing the roof he
> used to
> have for gardening...*
>
> ~Cyrus~

I would love to join in this get together next week. I will admit though I
will be sevearlly weak as I have only played on the Great Lakes Shard. I
have started a Mage though. Hopefully I'll be half-ass decient for the get
together. Can you tell me around what other places of significance are
around the get together spot so I might find it easier. Thanks

Sticky_314

> I would love to join in this get together next week. I will admit though I
> will be sevearlly weak as I have only played on the Great Lakes Shard. I
> have started a Mage though. Hopefully I'll be half-ass decient for the get
> together. Can you tell me around what other places of significance are
> around the get together spot so I might find it easier. Thanks
>
> Sticky_314

Same here :)
I don't know any spots other than those that are in all shards. I'm a chessy
player myself. I don't know if I'll have time to do much char development
but even swishing can be fun as long as you got Rez help :) I guess I'll be
helping *Someone* with healing or magery :)

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 09:36:56 -0500, "Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I would love to join in this get together next week. I will admit though I
>will be sevearlly weak as I have only played on the Great Lakes Shard. I
>have started a Mage though. Hopefully I'll be half-ass decient for the get
>together. Can you tell me around what other places of significance are
>around the get together spot so I might find it easier. Thanks
>
>Sticky_314

Coordinates are, 23o 33S - 13o 17 E. Its on the beach road NE
of the Britain Moongate. Road sign says "to the Coast" now, it used to
say, "Beach Road". If anyone needs armor/weapons, or regents
to practice with check at the tavern. I will be around for a bit today.

Ice

>>I would love to join in this get together next week. I will admit though I
>>will be sevearlly weak as I have only played on the Great Lakes Shard. I
>>have started a Mage though. Hopefully I'll be half-ass decient for the get
>>together. Can you tell me around what other places of significance are
>>around the get together spot so I might find it easier. Thanks
>>
>>Sticky_314
>>
> Coordinates are, 23o 33S - 13o 17 E. Its on the beach road NE
> of the Britain Moongate. Road sign says "to the Coast" now, it used to
> say, "Beach Road". If anyone needs armor/weapons, or regents
> to practice with check at the tavern. I will be around for a bit today.
>
> Ice

Yea. I found it. And I purchaced some items. Good prices. :)

Sticky_314

As Ice said, coordinates are, 23o 33S - 13o 17 E. Its on the beach road
NE of the Britain Moongate. Road sign says "to the Coast" now, it used
to say, "Beach Road".

A couple of radar maps showing the location:
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/tavern.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/meetup.jpg

Time: Sunday the 28th, 3pm Shard Time (EST).
Atlantic, Trammel.

See everyone there :)

--

Polychromic wrote:

> As Ice said, coordinates are, 23o 33S - 13o 17 E. Its on the beach road
> NE of the Britain Moongate. Road sign says "to the Coast" now, it used
> to say, "Beach Road".
>
> A couple of radar maps showing the location:
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/tavern.jpg
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/meetup.jpg
>
> Time: Sunday the 28th, 3pm Shard Time (EST).
> Atlantic, Trammel.
>
> See everyone there :)

What are you, dead in that picture?? :p I say we post The Cystocot
at the moon gate to gate people to the spot :D

--
YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:39:31 -0600, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Polychromic wrote:
>
>> As Ice said, coordinates are, 23o 33S - 13o 17 E. Its on the beach road
>> NE of the Britain Moongate. Road sign says "to the Coast" now, it used
>> to say, "Beach Road".
>>
>> A couple of radar maps showing the location:
>> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/tavern.jpg
>>
>> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/meetup.jpg
>>
>> Time: Sunday the 28th, 3pm Shard Time (EST).
>> Atlantic, Trammel.
>>
>> See everyone there :)
>>

>What are you, dead in that picture?? :p

No, I've just been playing Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines a lot, why?

>I say we post The Cystocot
>at the moon gate to gate people to the spot :D

It's so close to the moongate I don't think it's really necessary.
People had no problem finding Katherine's PK house and it was in the
middle of nowhere. Halfway between the moongate and Brit should be a
snap.

--

Polychromic wrote:

> It's so close to the moongate I don't think it's really necessary.
> People had no problem finding Katherine's PK house and it was in the
> middle of nowhere. Halfway between the moongate and Brit should be a
> snap.

Yeah, but he needs something to do, he doesn't get out much
these days....

--

On 21 Nov 2004 21:10:01 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

>>I say we post The Cystocot
>>at the moon gate to gate people to the spot :D
>
>Even i walk to my home if i'm anywhere near a moongate... :}
>Besides, walking's good for you! All this hopping in and out of portals has to
>be unhealthy...

*thinks about making a Dr. Pulaski joke but decides against it. She's too
yucky!*

--

On 24 Nov 2004 05:20:22 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

>> 7AM to 3:30PM baby.... :-D
>>

>We'll make sure you get two hours of sleep, that's plenty more than enough!

Pffft. I remember sleep - that's what we had before caffeine.

--

Polychromic wrote:

> On 24 Nov 2004 05:20:22 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:
>

>>> 7AM to 3:30PM baby.... :-D
>>>

>>We'll make sure you get two hours of sleep, that's plenty more than enough!
>

> Pffft. I remember sleep - that's what we had before caffeine.

Speaking of Atlantic gatherings, has anyone seen hide or hair of
Kate and/or Dr. Dolittle ?