Q regarding golem and 100% poison damage weapon

I saw people training their skill using these two items. But when I tried
it, the golem always killed me in two blows. Any suggestion so I can do it
right? Thanks.

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 05:10:41 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote:

>I saw people training their skill using these two items. But when I tried
>it, the golem always killed me in two blows. Any suggestion so I can do it
>right? Thanks.

*points finger*

EXPLOITER!!!

:)

I tried this before too but it was too boring. Also, fighting monsters
for skill gain also gets you gp and items.

Anyhow, you need to be guilded or in Fel, you need to tell golem to "guard
me", you need to be outside of the guard zone, and finally, you need to
use a 100% poison damage weapon since golems are immune to poison. If you
use one that has other harmful effects the golem will defend itself.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 05:10:41 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I saw people training their skill using these two items. But when I tried
> >it, the golem always killed me in two blows. Any suggestion so I can do
it
> >right? Thanks.
>
> *points finger*
>
> EXPLOITER!!!
>
> :)
>
> I tried this before too but it was too boring. Also, fighting monsters
> for skill gain also gets you gp and items.
>
> Anyhow, you need to be guilded or in Fel, you need to tell golem to "guard
> me", you need to be outside of the guard zone, and finally, you need to
> use a 100% poison damage weapon since golems are immune to poison. If you
> use one that has other harmful effects the golem will defend itself.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

I saw people did this inside the guard zone, namely moongate area of Luna.
Also, something odd, I gained no stat or skill on golem, but if I killed
animals, I did.

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:05:25 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote:

>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 05:10:41 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I saw people training their skill using these two items. But when I tried
>> >it, the golem always killed me in two blows. Any suggestion so I can do
>it
>> >right? Thanks.
>>
>> *points finger*
>>
>> EXPLOITER!!!
>>
>> :)
>>
>> I tried this before too but it was too boring. Also, fighting monsters
>> for skill gain also gets you gp and items.
>>
>> Anyhow, you need to be guilded or in Fel, you need to tell golem to "guard
>> me", you need to be outside of the guard zone, and finally, you need to
>> use a 100% poison damage weapon since golems are immune to poison. If you
>> use one that has other harmful effects the golem will defend itself.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Cecil
>> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
>
>I saw people did this inside the guard zone, namely moongate area of Luna.
>Also, something odd, I gained no stat or skill on golem, but if I killed
>animals, I did.

Well, maybe that part was wrong but I've only ever seen it outside of
guard areas. It's still like other combat gaining. If the golem is too
strong or too weak you won't gain skill. It must have wrestling skill
that is somewhat comparable to the combat skill you're trying to gain. So
at the start you'd want a golem created by a low level tinker, then
progress to a GM made tinker, er, a golem made by a GM tinker.

--

> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:05:25 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote:
>

> >"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message

> >it
> >>
> >> *points finger*
> >>
> >> EXPLOITER!!!
> >>
> >> :)
> >>
> >> I tried this before too but it was too boring. Also, fighting monsters
> >> for skill gain also gets you gp and items.
> >>
> >> Anyhow, you need to be guilded or in Fel, you need to tell golem to
"guard
> >> me", you need to be outside of the guard zone, and finally, you need to
> >> use a 100% poison damage weapon since golems are immune to poison. If
you
> >> use one that has other harmful effects the golem will defend itself.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Michael Cecil
> >> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
> >
> >I saw people did this inside the guard zone, namely moongate area of
Luna.
> >Also, something odd, I gained no stat or skill on golem, but if I killed
> >animals, I did.
>
> Well, maybe that part was wrong but I've only ever seen it outside of
> guard areas. It's still like other combat gaining. If the golem is too
> strong or too weak you won't gain skill. It must have wrestling skill
> that is somewhat comparable to the combat skill you're trying to gain. So
> at the start you'd want a golem created by a low level tinker, then
> progress to a GM made tinker, er, a golem made by a GM tinker.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Thanks.