Message security center

a b 8 Security
June 8, 2005 12:38:43 PM

Hi,

I setup a test machine with XP SP2 with no virus program. (Yeh,Yeh, i
know, not safe, but the pc is not connected to the internet, no disks or
cd's come in. Its only a temporary clean machine to test software from our
softwarepeople)
The machine works perfect, the only verry annoying thing is that the
Security center, everytime gives me a message that "you computer is not
safe, no antivirus program has been installed, etc....." blablabla...
If i then check, in security center, the "I"ve installed a virus porgram
that i manage...", the mesage goes away, but after rebooting, there it is
again !

Also disabling virus messaging in the security center did not do the trick.

Is there a way to get rid of this annoying message balloon ?

Regards,
Jo
June 8, 2005 12:38:44 PM

Select change preferences or something similar and uncheck them all.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Jo Lambrecht" <jo@assy-soft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I setup a test machine with XP SP2 with no virus program. (Yeh,Yeh, i
> know, not safe, but the pc is not connected to the internet, no disks or
> cd's come in. Its only a temporary clean machine to test software from
> our
> softwarepeople)
> The machine works perfect, the only verry annoying thing is that the
> Security center, everytime gives me a message that "you computer is not
> safe, no antivirus program has been installed, etc....." blablabla...
> If i then check, in security center, the "I"ve installed a virus porgram
> that i manage...", the mesage goes away, but after rebooting, there it is
> again !
>
> Also disabling virus messaging in the security center did not do the
> trick.
>
> Is there a way to get rid of this annoying message balloon ?
>
> Regards,
> Jo

June 8, 2005 2:10:40 PM

You can disable the security centre entirely, by setting the service to
disable in

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Jon

"Jo Lambrecht" <jo@assy-soft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I setup a test machine with XP SP2 with no virus program. (Yeh,Yeh, i
> know, not safe, but the pc is not connected to the internet, no disks or
> cd's come in. Its only a temporary clean machine to test software from
> our
> softwarepeople)
> The machine works perfect, the only verry annoying thing is that the
> Security center, everytime gives me a message that "you computer is not
> safe, no antivirus program has been installed, etc....." blablabla...
> If i then check, in security center, the "I"ve installed a virus porgram
> that i manage...", the mesage goes away, but after rebooting, there it is
> again !
>
> Also disabling virus messaging in the security center did not do the
> trick.
>
> Is there a way to get rid of this annoying message balloon ?
>
> Regards,
> Jo

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 8, 2005 6:35:55 PM

You may disable it from registry tweaking.

Start>Run>Regedit>Ok

Now navigate to the following key:-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Security Center

In the right-pane, set AntiVirusDisableNotify (REG_DWORD) and set to 1
[Default Value is 0]

Close the registry editor and reboot.

Re:-http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/m...

regards,