Message security center

Hi,

I setup a test machine with XP SP2 with no virus program. (Yeh,Yeh, i
know, not safe, but the pc is not connected to the internet, no disks or
cd's come in. Its only a temporary clean machine to test software from our
softwarepeople)
The machine works perfect, the only verry annoying thing is that the
Security center, everytime gives me a message that "you computer is not
safe, no antivirus program has been installed, etc....." blablabla...
If i then check, in security center, the "I"ve installed a virus porgram
that i manage...", the mesage goes away, but after rebooting, there it is
again !

Also disabling virus messaging in the security center did not do the trick.

Is there a way to get rid of this annoying message balloon ?

Regards,
Jo
3 answers Last reply
More about message security center

    Select change preferences or something similar and uncheck them all.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Jo Lambrecht" <jo@assy-soft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I setup a test machine with XP SP2 with no virus program. (Yeh,Yeh, i
    > know, not safe, but the pc is not connected to the internet, no disks or
    > cd's come in. Its only a temporary clean machine to test software from
    > our
    > softwarepeople)
    > The machine works perfect, the only verry annoying thing is that the
    > Security center, everytime gives me a message that "you computer is not
    > safe, no antivirus program has been installed, etc....." blablabla...
    > If i then check, in security center, the "I"ve installed a virus porgram
    > that i manage...", the mesage goes away, but after rebooting, there it is
    > again !
    >
    > Also disabling virus messaging in the security center did not do the
    > trick.
    >
    > Is there a way to get rid of this annoying message balloon ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jo

    You can disable the security centre entirely, by setting the service to
    disable in

    Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

    Jon

    "Jo Lambrecht" <jo@assy-soft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I setup a test machine with XP SP2 with no virus program. (Yeh,Yeh, i
    > know, not safe, but the pc is not connected to the internet, no disks or
    > cd's come in. Its only a temporary clean machine to test software from
    > our
    > softwarepeople)
    > The machine works perfect, the only verry annoying thing is that the
    > Security center, everytime gives me a message that "you computer is not
    > safe, no antivirus program has been installed, etc....." blablabla...
    > If i then check, in security center, the "I"ve installed a virus porgram
    > that i manage...", the mesage goes away, but after rebooting, there it is
    > again !
    >
    > Also disabling virus messaging in the security center did not do the
    > trick.
    >
    > Is there a way to get rid of this annoying message balloon ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jo

    You may disable it from registry tweaking.

    Start>Run>Regedit>Ok

    Now navigate to the following key:-

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Security Center

    In the right-pane, set AntiVirusDisableNotify (REG_DWORD) and set to 1
    [Default Value is 0]

    Close the registry editor and reboot.

    Re:-http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2maint.mspx

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Jo Lambrecht wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I setup a test machine with XP SP2 with no virus program. (Yeh,Yeh, i
    > know, not safe, but the pc is not connected to the internet, no disks or
    > cd's come in. Its only a temporary clean machine to test software from our
    > softwarepeople)
    > The machine works perfect, the only verry annoying thing is that the
    > Security center, everytime gives me a message that "you computer is not
    > safe, no antivirus program has been installed, etc....." blablabla...
    > If i then check, in security center, the "I"ve installed a virus porgram
    > that i manage...", the mesage goes away, but after rebooting, there it is
    > again !
    >
    > Also disabling virus messaging in the security center did not do the trick.
    >
    > Is there a way to get rid of this annoying message balloon ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jo

Security Virus Windows XP