USB Drive option lost

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

Windows XP Home SP-2
When a USB drive is plugged in, Windows usually asks what to do (open, burn
CD, copy, etc). At some time, I must have told Windows to do nothing when I
connect my camera and remember that - so when I plug in my camera, nothing
pops up, and I have to go through Explorer to get my files.
How do I re-set that option so the window pops up each time I plug in my USB
connection?

Right click on the drive, click properties, then go to AutoPlay tab, change
the settings there.

"randy" wrote:

> Windows XP Home SP-2
> When a USB drive is plugged in, Windows usually asks what to do (open, burn
> CD, copy, etc). At some time, I must have told Windows to do nothing when I
> connect my camera and remember that - so when I plug in my camera, nothing
> pops up, and I have to go through Explorer to get my files.
> How do I re-set that option so the window pops up each time I plug in my USB
> connection?

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003