kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a Dell XPS-T700r. It has 2 USB 1.0 ports on the rear. I'd like to add a drive bay USB 2.0 hub. I know Belkin makes one, but it requires USB 2.0 to be already installed. Does anyone know of a "combo" hub that provides USB 2.0 ports in a drive bay mount and had a PCI connector? Thanks! (Hope my request is clear.)

I know enuff to be dangerous. :tongue:

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Most usb 2.0 pci controllers have one port on the inside of the computer. You could then find a drive bay mounted usb port that instead of having pin connections it has passthrough. passthrough means it is basically an extension cord only on the inside of the case, for moving rear ports forward. Most drive bay mounted usb ports want to connect via pins on the motherboard, there might be a usb2 pci card out there with pin connections on it but good luck finding it. If you want to keep it simple just buy a usb2 pci card and a usb2 extension cable, plug the extension cable into the card and put the cord along the top or side of the case and just lay it there for when u need it. It wouldn't look as pretty but it will serv it's purpose.