When did all of this happen?

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It seems to me they would get more participation if they put something on
the login screen. Unless your on the web boards 8 hours a day you would
never know anything was going on, unless you drop into an area by accident
the way some of us dropped into Cove.

Do any of you remember the Orc invasion of Skara? or the Troll invasion
of Vesper? The Undead invasion of Trinsic? (pre-Trammel time). It was
advertised, so people could show up. It was also not so "over" spawned that
you could not survive the experience, the way Cove is. Trinsic Undead being
the only exception, and that was due to the PK's not the Undead.

Just MHO, Ice

Timeline:
Aug - 371

Lord British Returns, announcing the placement of Lord Thomas Winters as his
right hand man.

Thomas Winter learns of Orcs gathering, and brings troops to the Yew Orc fort,
where a massive battle occurs.

Thomas discovers a courier is heading through the Lost Lands. There they
intercept the Pirate Grantly, who was delivering the “Blood Pact” to the
chieftan of the Cove orcs, though we are still uncertain as to whom the Pirate
was working for.

Sep - 372

Thomas Winter overhears two brigands speaking of guarding a bridge, and brings
troops to stop them. After interrogating the messenger, we discover that the
Orcs were bringing tribute to Minax, thus cementing her role as the protagonist
of this new engagement.

Thomas discovers the Orcs are planning a massive attack on Moonglow. Forces are
mobilized, and sent to stop them. A massive battle ensues, and much orcish blood
is spilled, but the brave defenders are unable to completely stem the flow of
Orcish warriors, leaving Moonglow still over-run with Orcish invaders.

Moonglow finally repels the Orc Hordes.

Lord British calls for the conscription of citizens into the Royal Guard,
awarding them with an ice white sash for their service.

A mysterious figure, claiming to be a member of the Council of Mages, is caught
and questioned in Moonglow. After interrogation, it is revealed that he actually
works for the Shadowlords.

Further interrogation of the Shadowlord spy Ramuz reveals the location of
Minax's next Council Meeting... Felucca Destard Dungeon. A huge battle ensues,
but in the end the RG was able to slay many of Minax's Generals, though she
herself escaped.

Oct - 373

Thomas Winters discovers the location of yet another possible meetings place,
this time in the Ilshenar Spider Dungeon. On arrival, the RG discovered a
dangerous ambush and the reappearance of Keeonean of ancient Yew infamy. Winters
was poisoned and is currently in the custody of Clanin (the Royal Court Wizard)
as they search for a cure.

Clanin leads adventurers on a quest to retrieve the neccesary reagants for
Thomas' cure.

Clanin leads a group on a quest to perform the ritual that will heal Thomas
Winters, but is foiled by Neira the Necromancer and various monsters from
Minax's Domain. Just as all hope is lost, a mysterious Mage stepped up from the
crowd and offered an alternative cure... for a price.

Nov - 374

Odric (the Mysterious Mage) offers a cure for Thomas' ailment in exchange for
the return of various heirlooms currently in Minaxian possession. Clanin and
Thomas agree to the terms, and Thomas is cured.

Odric informs Thomas that he knows of a secret meeting of Minax and Keeonean.
Once there, Odric takes control of Keeonean's mind and orders him to steal
Minax's necklace and bring it to him. Odric then disappears leaving Keeonan to
be captured by the Royal Guard after Minax escapes.

Keeonean, one of the generals of Minax's army that had been captured previously,
was brought to trial. Just as Thomas was beginning the proceedings, a strange
gate appeared and a "shadow aura" of Minax appeared, slaying Keeonean on the
spot for "betraying her". Thomas was perplexed by Minax's actions, and told the
assembled witness that he intended to check with British on what to do
immediately.

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:18:34 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

>It seems to me they would get more participation if they put something on
>the login screen. Unless your on the web boards 8 hours a day you would
>never know anything was going on, unless you drop into an area by accident
>the way some of us dropped into Cove.
>
>Do any of you remember the Orc invasion of Skara? or the Troll invasion
>of Vesper? The Undead invasion of Trinsic? (pre-Trammel time). It was
>advertised, so people could show up. It was also not so "over" spawned that
>you could not survive the experience, the way Cove is. Trinsic Undead being
>the only exception, and that was due to the PK's not the Undead.

Sure, those were all fun. :)

>Just MHO, Ice
>
>Timeline:
>Aug - 371

<snip>

I've heard about those after the fact on Stratics. No hint or mention of
any of this in the game.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

archeon

"Ice" <Ice@noplace.com> wrote in message

> It seems to me they would get more participation if they put something on
> the login screen. Unless your on the web boards 8 hours a day you would
> never know anything was going on, unless you drop into an area by accident
> the way some of us dropped into Cove.
>
> Do any of you remember the Orc invasion of Skara? or the Troll invasion
> of Vesper? The Undead invasion of Trinsic? (pre-Trammel time). It was
> advertised, so people could show up. It was also not so "over" spawned
> that
> you could not survive the experience, the way Cove is. Trinsic Undead
> being
> the only exception, and that was due to the PK's not the Undead.
>
> Just MHO, Ice

The last event I participated in was an invasion of Moonglow about 19 months
ago (?). I only found out because it happened on the US shards first IIRC,
but was SO welll attended on Europa that the lag monster had more fun than
any of us :)
Shame really, as being part of a common cause makes the game great fun.
That's what made the pre pk-friendly champ spawns so good. Here's hoping the
new Ilsh ones will be a bit like that.

Archeon

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 25 Nov 2004 08:53:41 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

>For anyone interested, Atlantic's next event is scheduled for sometime on
>Friday night(most likely around 8-10pm EST), we'll be battling Pirates, it
>seems. :}

Where? Is there a place set to meet? This should all be on the login screen.
Even if they do not make big advance announcements, it should be on the login
screen from say noon until the event starts.

Just MHO,

Ice

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 26 Nov 2004 04:15:09 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

>>Where? Is there a place set to meet? This should all be on the login
>>screen.
>
>The events have been starting off from Lord British's former throne room.
>I can't speak for other shards, but this has been the case for all events on
>Atlantic since late September.
>
>Alot of the reasoning behind it might be the regular presence of the Royal
>Britannian Guard[RBG] guild, or just to keep things simple...
>
>Currently, Atlantic doesn't have an official notification system, and by the
>rumours i overheard last night, i don't believe we have a regular EM(the "temp"
>we got when events started back up basically was doing a lousy job, so he got
>the axe...or was moved to another shard...*shrugs*), but have EMs from other
>shards helping to keep the hordes of Atlantic at bay by lending a hand :}
>
>Most shards use the town crier, but they never seemed to work very well, or
>just not very satisfactorily(is that even a word?), on Atlantic, so for awhile,
>we were using a shield kept at the base of LB's throne to keep people up to
>date...currently, the commander, Victor Holmgren, hints at the next event's
>planned date, and the RBG members throne sit in the evenings to keep tabs on
>things.
>
>Stuffa of RBG even has(had) a system of comm crystals and pack animals standing
>about several banks to help keep people notified of events, but RL issues have
>kept him from doing so, apparently.
>
>Unfortunate, really...i would've loved to see a talking llama. :}
>
>~Cyrus~
That all sounds so "left handed" it is ridiculous.

Thanks.......

Ice

>That all sounds so "left handed" it is ridiculous.
>
>Thanks.......

Well....i think i might have helped to "screw the pooch" on Atlantic's
notification system, if only a little...

Prior to September, we supposedly had the greatest EM(next to that crazy guy on
Europa that made the forge in Britain so purty), but RL issues forced him to
step down, leaving behind a message of farewell on the notification shield in
the throne room.

Wanting to preserve a little bit of the shard's history, i suggested that the
shield not be changed, and others added that it could be moved to the Community
Center in Skara Brae(completely useless building, hasn't seen much in the way
of visitors since day two), which apparently translated into the shield not
being used again or replaced...

When we got the now defunct EM in mid-September, there was an outcry by the
supporters of saving "Lord Wudrin's Shield" for it to be moved to the CC after
the EM's first event...it got moved behind LB's throne...

*boggles*

Now, we have a nice show off shield(Moiety, 50% SDI, FCR 6...insane...) that
has no real purpose, and on Wednesday, a statue of the almighty Barton was
added to the display.

*chuckles*

On the nights events are going to happen, there's usually a HUGE gathering of
players in the Throne Room, and during the course of waiting, a few books are
known to pop up to keep people up to date on when the event will start, so they
can gather friends and ready their supplies.

If you're on around 8-10 EST tonight, they're supposed to be running an event
to repel the recent pirate attacks on several of the island cities(most notably
Jhelom), just swing by the Throne room, be ready to sit through ALOT of
spam(there's a sad mentality at work there, and just waiting for the event to
begin can be frustrating in itself...), and wait at least 30 minutes if you get
there early.

But also be ready to have fun. :}
~Cyrus~

*Hoping i'll be there to join in on the fun, like i said, the last event was F
U N fun. :}*

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 26 Nov 2004 16:22:19 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

>>That all sounds so "left handed" it is ridiculous.
>>
>>Thanks.......
>
>Well....i think i might have helped to "screw the pooch" on Atlantic's
>notification system, if only a little...
>
>Prior to September, we supposedly had the greatest EM(next to that crazy guy on
>Europa that made the forge in Britain so purty), but RL issues forced him to
>step down, leaving behind a message of farewell on the notification shield in
>the throne room.
>
>Wanting to preserve a little bit of the shard's history, i suggested that the
>shield not be changed, and others added that it could be moved to the Community
>Center in Skara Brae(completely useless building, hasn't seen much in the way
>of visitors since day two), which apparently translated into the shield not
>being used again or replaced...
>
>When we got the now defunct EM in mid-September, there was an outcry by the
>supporters of saving "Lord Wudrin's Shield" for it to be moved to the CC after
>the EM's first event...it got moved behind LB's throne...
>
>*boggles*
>
>Now, we have a nice show off shield(Moiety, 50% SDI, FCR 6...insane...) that
>has no real purpose, and on Wednesday, a statue of the almighty Barton was
>added to the display.
>
>*chuckles*
>
>On the nights events are going to happen, there's usually a HUGE gathering of
>players in the Throne Room, and during the course of waiting, a few books are
>known to pop up to keep people up to date on when the event will start, so they
>can gather friends and ready their supplies.
>
>If you're on around 8-10 EST tonight, they're supposed to be running an event
>to repel the recent pirate attacks on several of the island cities(most notably
>Jhelom), just swing by the Throne room, be ready to sit through ALOT of
>spam(there's a sad mentality at work there, and just waiting for the event to
>begin can be frustrating in itself...), and wait at least 30 minutes if you get
>there early.
>
>But also be ready to have fun. :}
>~Cyrus~
>
>*Hoping i'll be there to join in on the fun, like i said, the last event was F
>U N fun. :}*

I am going to try. I have been playing alone most of the time because
I can not devote a solid block of time just for UO. Other RL things
seem to jump in and take over now days. I do not want to inconvenience
anyone else when I have to drop everything and do something else.

I thought life was supposed to get more simple at this age. Silly me.......

Ice