5.1 Surround Sound Audio (newbie)

Last response: in Home Audio
September 6, 2004 7:28:16 AM

Hi, im looking into buying a new 5.1 Surround Sound kit, mainly for
Music audio usgae.

Wondering if anyone could reccommend any good 5.1 kits. (Under £400
would be great)

Or any 5.1 DVD / DVD-A Player pakcages.

(sorry to bug u all but i need help n im new:p )
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 6:24:15 PM

"Andrew Crone" <andrewcrone@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, im looking into buying a new 5.1 Surround Sound kit, mainly for
> Music audio usgae.
>
> Wondering if anyone could reccommend any good 5.1 kits. (Under £400
> would be great)
>
> Or any 5.1 DVD / DVD-A Player pakcages.
>
> (sorry to bug u all but i need help n im new:p )

You are pretty restricted in that price range for real good audio. If you
have a fairly small room, you might look at Paradigm Atoms or Titans, plus
their PDR-8 or PDR-10 subwoofer. Depending on the amount of discount you
can negotiate, this should come in close to your range.
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 6:55:44 PM

Andrew Crone <andrewcrone@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, im looking into buying a new 5.1 Surround Sound kit, mainly for
> Music audio usgae.

> Wondering if anyone could reccommend any good 5.1 kits. (Under £400
> would be great)
> Or any 5.1 DVD / DVD-A Player pakcages.

I was going to reply, but I am not sure of what you mean by "kit" ?
Do you mean a complete system HTiB (Home Theatre in a Box) ?
Just passive speakers + active subwoofer ? Or separate components
(DVD-A + amplifier + speakers + subwoofer) ?

You could buy a copy of "What Hi-Fi?" which has a long list of
reccomended equipment with list prices, so you can get a better
idea of want you want (in the case you don't know yet).

--
http://www.mat.uc.pt/~rps/

..pt is Portugal| `Whom the gods love die young'-Menander (342-292 BC)
Europe | Villeneuve 50-82, Toivonen 56-86, Senna 60-94
!