Clean Win7 install on new SSD installation error

ad19

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
I have a Samsung series 9 (NP9004XC) and I am upgrading the 128gb SSD that came with the computer to a Crucial M4 256GB mSATA. I am doing a clean install from a bootable USB that I created from the recovery disc that was included with the computer.

I can load up setup but once I get to the part where I choose what disk I want to install it to I get an error. There is only one disk listed (Disk 0, Partition 1) and when I try to select that disk to install Windows to I get the error:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

I cannot not find anything in the BIOS that would help. Fast BIOS mode is disabled and AHCI mode is set to enabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ad if it running the windows 7 set up then go under advance mode and let windows 7 make the partions. if the ssd has one partion then windows 7 want you to delete it so that it can make two partion the system restore and the data partion.
if it running a norton ghost or drive clone program to restore the hard drive then it looking for the drive to have a partion and be formatted.