XP home -> pro upgrade retail cd second pc new key??

I have already obtained a retail Educational use xp pro upgrade cd. I am
eligible for the Ed version. I have upgraded my desktop from home to pro,
but want to do the same on my laptop. Obviously i will need to pay for and
obtain a new key. How do i do this and how do i make it work with my
existing CD?
2 answers Last reply
More about home upgrade retail

    Pay another visit to the source of your first purchase,
    then purchase another copy.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Sjoram" wrote:

    > I have already obtained a retail Educational use xp pro upgrade cd. I am
    > eligible for the Ed version. I have upgraded my desktop from home to pro,
    > but want to do the same on my laptop. Obviously i will need to pay for and
    > obtain a new key. How do i do this and how do i make it work with my
    > existing CD?

    You can not get another CD key for any Educational editions. Nor do these
    versions qualify for upgrades. Educational editions are sold at a greatly
    reduced price to qualified students.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Pay another visit to the source of your first purchase,
    > then purchase another copy.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >

    > "Sjoram" wrote:
    >
    >> I have already obtained a retail Educational use xp pro upgrade cd. I am
    >> eligible for the Ed version. I have upgraded my desktop from home to
    >> pro,
    >> but want to do the same on my laptop. Obviously i will need to pay for
    >> and
    >> obtain a new key. How do i do this and how do i make it work with my
    >> existing CD?

Windows XP Microsoft CD-Rom