Question about self repair

i beat up my helmet and shield so i put them on a vendor to repair
themselves about a week ago i remembered to look today and they are still
damaged no change at all
they have self repair 3
how does that work ? is it real world days or in game days or what ?
do YOU have to wear them or can you put it in a backpack or bank box ?

jumper
chesapeake
2 answers Last reply
More about question repair
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >Subject: Question about self repair
    >From: notavailable12@aol.com (Notavailable12)
    >Date: 11/26/2004 1:37 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >i beat up my helmet and shield so i put them on a vendor to repair
    >themselves about a week ago i remembered to look today and they are still
    >damaged no change at all
    >they have self repair 3
    >how does that work ? is it real world days or in game days or what ?
    >do YOU have to wear them or can you put it in a backpack or bank box ?

    Self-repair only works when you are actively using a piece of equipment.
    Self-repair means that a certain percentage of the time (I think it goes 10,
    20, 30, 40, 50%, but I could be remembering wrong) when you get hit your
    equipment repairs a point of durability.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On 26 Nov 2004 10:09:19 GMT, pl722@aol.comnospam (Paul W. Lints)
    wrote:

    >>Subject: Question about self repair
    >>From: notavailable12@aol.com (Notavailable12)
    >>Date: 11/26/2004 1:37 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >>
    >>i beat up my helmet and shield so i put them on a vendor to repair
    >>themselves about a week ago i remembered to look today and they are still
    >>damaged no change at all
    >>they have self repair 3
    >>how does that work ? is it real world days or in game days or what ?
    >>do YOU have to wear them or can you put it in a backpack or bank box ?
    >>

    >Self-repair only works when you are actively using a piece of equipment.
    >Self-repair means that a certain percentage of the time (I think it goes 10,
    >20, 30, 40, 50%, but I could be remembering wrong) when you get hit your
    >equipment repairs a point of durability.

    And self repair 3 is high enough that you shouldn't ever have to
    actually do a normal repair at all. Self Repair 1 and 2 are a little
    too slow to keep up with the damage.

    Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

Computers Video Games