weird.....

Me and GF went down to Despise lvl3, slying Ogre Lords on the island
there. The ones I killed (we were not party) had the usual 600+ gold and
some stuff, the ones she killed das around 300 gold + stuff. She is a
necromancer, Evil, and I have positive karma.
Had they changed something, so that negative karma characters get less
gold from monsters ?? Anyone else seen something similar ?

Thanz

/ZW

ZoombyWoof wrote:

> Me and GF went down to Despise lvl3, slying Ogre Lords on the island
> there. The ones I killed (we were not party) had the usual 600+ gold and
> some stuff, the ones she killed das around 300 gold + stuff. She is a
> necromancer, Evil, and I have positive karma.
> Had they changed something, so that negative karma characters get less
> gold from monsters ?? Anyone else seen something similar ?
>
> Thanz
>
> /ZW
Apologize for the spelling....seems to get worse by the years...:)

/ZW

ZoombyWoof <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:

>Had they changed something, so that negative karma characters get less
>gold from monsters ?? Anyone else seen something similar ?

Sounds like a bug with the new instanced corpses.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

"ZoombyWoof" <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote in message
> Me and GF went down to Despise lvl3, slying Ogre Lords on the island
> there. The ones I killed (we were not party) had the usual 600+ gold and
> some stuff, the ones she killed das around 300 gold + stuff. She is a
> necromancer, Evil, and I have positive karma.
> Had they changed something, so that negative karma characters get less
> gold from monsters ?? Anyone else seen something similar ?

I'm not that familiar with Necros, but was she using summoned creatures,
pets or something else (familiars?)? One apparent bug/feature is you have
to be in full control of your assets. In other words, if your pet goes off
and attacks on it's own and then you join the fight, but do not command the
pet to attack, then you will only get half the loot. Your pet gets the
other half :-(

"uray" <remove-uray@att.net> wrote:

>I'm not that familiar with Necros, but was she using summoned creatures,
>pets or something else (familiars?)? One apparent bug/feature is you have
>to be in full control of your assets. In other words, if your pet goes off
>and attacks on it's own and then you join the fight, but do not command the
>pet to attack, then you will only get half the loot. Your pet gets the
>other half :-(

But after 3 mins, the instances merge and you can loot them.

IIRC the problem she was experienced was caused by the fact that Necro
summoned/created critters don't flag green. (Niether do summoned
ellies, but I've not heard any reports of problems on that front,
possibly because of the low numbers that fight that way.)

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

>From: fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons)
>Date: 11/27/2004 11:53 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>But after 3 mins, the instances merge and you can loot them.
>
>IIRC the problem she was experienced was caused by the fact that Necro
>summoned/created critters don't flag green. (Niether do summoned
>ellies, but I've not heard any reports of problems on that front,
>possibly because of the low numbers that fight that way.)

Necro crits don't get you loot rights, but summoned eles do.

You only get loot rights when you actively command a creature to
attack. If the creature goes off and does its own thing, it gets the
rights and you don't.

Since you can't command necro summons, you can't get loot rights either.

>Subject: Re: weird.....
>From: "perianwyr" perianwyr@gmail.com
>Date: 12/8/2004 10:24 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>You only get loot rights when you actively command a creature to
>attack. If the creature goes off and does its own thing, it gets the
>rights and you don't.
>
>Since you can't command necro summons, you can't get loot rights either.

Been like that for a long time. Used to be a pain when my fire elemental
killed a blood elemental without me commanding it while I was looting another
corpse. Anyhow, I seem to remember Leurocian saying on UHALL that they going
to change that.

"perianwyr" <perianwyr@gmail.com> wrote:
>You only get loot rights when you actively command a creature to
>attack. If the creature goes off and does its own thing, it gets the
>rights and you don't.

Incorrect. If the pet is flagged green, you get the looting rights,
even if it does wander off and 'do its own thing'.

D.