Been a LONG time since I upgraded...

It's been such a darned LONG time since I upgraded my account.... I
feel like a newbie again..... As if I ever really WASN'T a newbie....

Anyway, I want to put on the Samauri upgrade and I doin;t want to
loose all my macros. I have totally forgotten what files to copy to
save the settings. Can anybody help me out so I don;t have to go
through setting all that junk up again?

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:24:00 -0500, Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:

>It's been such a darned LONG time since I upgraded my account.... I
>feel like a newbie again..... As if I ever really WASN'T a newbie....
>
>Anyway, I want to put on the Samauri upgrade and I doin;t want to
>loose all my macros. I have totally forgotten what files to copy to
>save the settings. Can anybody help me out so I don;t have to go
>through setting all that junk up again?

Copy the whole Desktop folder to My Documents. After SE installs,
copy it over the Desktop folder in that folder.
--
"Ceterum censeo delendam esse Spam."
(With apologies to Cato the Elder.

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:59:33 -0800, OrionCA <OrionCA@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:24:00 -0500, Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>It's been such a darned LONG time since I upgraded my account.... I
>>feel like a newbie again..... As if I ever really WASN'T a newbie....
>>
>>Anyway, I want to put on the Samauri upgrade and I doin;t want to
>>loose all my macros. I have totally forgotten what files to copy to
>>save the settings. Can anybody help me out so I don;t have to go
>>through setting all that junk up again?
>>

>Copy the whole Desktop folder to My Documents. After SE installs,
>copy it over the Desktop folder in that folder.

Thanks Orion. I couldn't remember.

OrionCA wrote in news:uqnfq0dtso7j55o44e0me7t01taptsulqh@4ax.com:

> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:24:00 -0500, Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>It's been such a darned LONG time since I upgraded my account.... I
>>feel like a newbie again..... As if I ever really WASN'T a newbie....
>>
>>Anyway, I want to put on the Samauri upgrade and I doin;t want to
>>loose all my macros. I have totally forgotten what files to copy to
>>save the settings. Can anybody help me out so I don;t have to go
>>through setting all that junk up again?
>>

> Copy the whole Desktop folder to My Documents. After SE installs,
> copy it over the Desktop folder in that folder.
> --
> "Ceterum censeo delendam esse Spam."
> (With apologies to Cato the Elder.
> I think he'd understand.)

I just installed it over my old UO without uninstalling anything, work
just fine.

Greytone

--
*****
"He is richest who is content with the least,

>>>It's been such a darned LONG time since I upgraded my account.... I
>>>feel like a newbie again..... As if I ever really WASN'T a newbie....
>>>
>>>Anyway, I want to put on the Samauri upgrade and I doin;t want to
>>>loose all my macros. I have totally forgotten what files to copy to
>>>save the settings. Can anybody help me out so I don;t have to go
>>>through setting all that junk up again?
>>>

>> Copy the whole Desktop folder to My Documents. After SE installs,
>> copy it over the Desktop folder in that folder.
>> --
>> "Ceterum censeo delendam esse Spam."
>> (With apologies to Cato the Elder.
>> I think he'd understand.)
>>

> I just installed it over my old UO without uninstalling anything, work
> just fine.
>
> Greytone

Mine wouldn't let me just install over. I had to completelly uninstall my
last one (AoS). Wish I would have takin the time to find which files to copy
and save.

Sticky_314

archeon

<Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:59:33 -0800, OrionCA <OrionCA@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:24:00 -0500, Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>It's been such a darned LONG time since I upgraded my account.... I
>>>feel like a newbie again..... As if I ever really WASN'T a newbie....
>>>
>>>Anyway, I want to put on the Samauri upgrade and I doin;t want to
>>>loose all my macros. I have totally forgotten what files to copy to
>>>save the settings. Can anybody help me out so I don;t have to go
>>>through setting all that junk up again?
>>>

>>Copy the whole Desktop folder to My Documents. After SE installs,
>>copy it over the Desktop folder in that folder.
>
> Thanks Orion. I couldn't remember.

....and don't forget you can delete those irritating .bik files that force
you to watch the corporate logo etc at startup. osilogo and intro I think.
Welcome back? (not sure if you *really* left??)

Archeon

>>>Copy the whole Desktop folder to My Documents. After SE installs,
>>>copy it over the Desktop folder in that folder.
>>
>> Thanks Orion. I couldn't remember.
>
> ...and don't forget you can delete those irritating .bik files that force
> you to watch the corporate logo etc at startup. osilogo and intro I think.
> Welcome back? (not sure if you *really* left??)
>
> Archeon
Please give full details on how to get rid of that annoying thing. Thing is
starting to drive me up the freaking wall. Thanks.

Sticky_314

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 17:34:11 -0500, "Sticky_314"
<sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> ...and don't forget you can delete those irritating .bik files that force
>> you to watch the corporate logo etc at startup. osilogo and intro I think.
>> Welcome back? (not sure if you *really* left??)
>>
>> Archeon
>Please give full details on how to get rid of that annoying thing. Thing is
>starting to drive me up the freaking wall. Thanks.
>
>Sticky_314

Just look for the .bik files in your UO directory and rename them.
It's ea.bik and osilogo.bik I think.

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

"Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Thanks Orion. I couldn't remember.
>>
>> ...and don't forget you can delete those irritating .bik files that force
>> you to watch the corporate logo etc at startup. osilogo and intro I
>> think.
>> Welcome back? (not sure if you *really* left??)
>>
>> Archeon
> Please give full details on how to get rid of that annoying thing. Thing
> is starting to drive me up the freaking wall. Thanks.
>
> Sticky_314

Since it sounds like you are talking about the intro logos? Do a search for
*.BIK in the location where UO is installed. I think the file names are
ealogo.bik and osilogo.bik (I deleted them so I can't check) You will get
three. The 3rd is intro.bik. Rename or delete the logo files. You can delete
all three, but since you have the option of playing the intro only when you
wish I don't usually don't get rid of the intro.bik. Once the logo files are
renamed or deleted you go straight to the logon screen.

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

>>> Thanks Orion. I couldn't remember.
>>
>> ...and don't forget you can delete those irritating .bik files that force
>> you to watch the corporate logo etc at startup. osilogo and intro I think.
>> Welcome back? (not sure if you *really* left??)
>>
>> Archeon
>Please give full details on how to get rid of that annoying thing. Thing is
>starting to drive me up the freaking wall. Thanks.
>
>Sticky_314

Go into the music folder, look for "osilogo.bik" and "ealogo.bik" ; those
are what you need to rename/delete. I rename them ~osilogo.bik and
~ealogo.bik. That way they are still there if EA does something that
makes me need them.

Ice