Pioneer A06 problem

Drewman

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2001
I recently built my first computer and am having problems burning to DVD's. Here's the system:

Abit IC7-G motherboard
P4-2.6
512MB Corsair RAM
160 GB Seagate SATA hard drive
Sony DVD-ROM
ATI 8500LE video card
Pioneer A06USPK4 DVD burner
Windows XP Pro

I'm currently using Nero Express to burn to DVD's. Problem is, I can't burn anything. I keep getting a message that the device (burner) is inaccessible. Windows recognizes the device correctly in device manager but won't write to it. I've tried different media (DVD-R,-RW,+R,+RW, 1x, 2x, 2.4x, 4x) and none of it works. Any suggestions?

LaughnCynic

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2003
A guess: Nero Express will see that drive as 2 different drives. One a cdr and the other a dvdr. There is a drop down dialog in Nero Express that lets you select which one to use (for cdr or dvdr cooking). If it's defaulting to the cdr selection then it won't burn a dvd and vice versa so that might be your problem.

The drop down is at the top right in the opening screen for NE and you should see 2 entries for that drive that look like this: "D: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D [DVD]" and "D: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D [CD-R/RW]".

Select the "DVD" entry if you're going to burn a DVD.

--
Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by LaughnCynic on 12/14/03 01:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>