Your question

Is wwe fake or real

Tags:
Last response: in Entertainment
June 6, 2010 6:42:33 PM

is wwe fake or real

More about : wwe fake real

June 7, 2010 3:50:12 AM

For real?? That is as fake as it gets. Garbage......

If you want real action, check out the UFC.
October 25, 2010 4:36:13 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 9, 2010 12:53:39 AM

amir619 said:
is wwe fake or real

All bouts are scripted and staged - that's why they call it sports entertainment.
November 14, 2010 1:46:16 AM

amir619 said:
is wwe fake or real

It's real entertainment put on by professional stunt artists trained in taking hits and falls making it look as real to the audience as possible.

When you say fake, does that mean you actually think the fighters outcome is not pre-planned and determined, and that what you actually see is the truth.

Ask yourself this, if it was 100% real fighting, no holes barred and your favorite was beat to a bloody pulp one night, could he look great and be performing in another town the next night? Could You?

How long do you think it takes to recuperate from a serious physical beating, overnight?

I don't think so, do you?
November 14, 2010 2:04:09 AM

I agree Ryan. It's a professional stunt show with story lines, nothing more and nothing less. Of course, there are real injuries- some nasty ones at that- but it comes with the territory of doing such stunts.
November 14, 2010 2:12:00 AM

Sometimes things don't go as planned, and when that happens it can end tragically, like the death of Owen Hart.
November 14, 2010 5:40:24 AM

Just listen to the reasons why Brock Lesnar came to the UFC. He said it was all fake, and he wanted to be a real fighter.
November 14, 2010 9:17:34 AM

Not to mention all the injuries he suffered. I think he said he wrestled a few times with a torn ACL or something like that in his knee. I cannot imagine having to do that.

I recall when Owen Hart died, as those were the days when I actually watched the stuff, i.e. my younger years. I was actually watching the PPV at a friends house when it happened and needless to say, it was obvious that something went wrong. I believe he fell from the catwalks of the arena onto the turn buckle head first when a safety harness he was wearing released early. His death was rare though, at least in concern to actual in ring/at the event deaths. Now a days you hear of former or even current wrestlers dying every few months due to heart related issues, etc... Needless to say, the life, the drugs, the roids, etc... take a toll on the body. All of this became apparent to me when I read Bret Hart's autobiography a few years back out of curiosity. It was a real eye opener.

I couldn't tell you what goes on today, as I quit watching the stuff 10 years ago or so when it became boring.
November 14, 2010 1:40:47 PM

^ The only true wrestling uncertainty was when Andre the Giant was planned and supposed to hand the title over to Hulk Hogan, Terry had commented that the change over was only going to happen if Andre went along, because if in the middle of the match Andre decided not to relinquish the title, there wasn't anything Terry, Hulk Hogan could do about it.

Same as you Kevin, back in the day I really enjoyed wrestling my favorite wrestler of all was the Superfly, Jimmy Snuka.
November 20, 2010 12:09:45 AM

4Ryan6 said:
^ The only true wrestling uncertainty was when Andre the Giant was planned and supposed to hand the title over to Hulk Hogan, Terry had commented that the change over was only going to happen if Andre went along, because if in the middle of the match Andre decided not to relinquish the title, there wasn't anything Terry, Hulk Hogan could do about it.

Same as you Kevin, back in the day I really enjoyed wrestling my favorite wrestler of all was the Superfly, Jimmy Snuka.

Another doublecross was Shawn Michaels winning the WWF title from Bret Hart - Bret was going into the match thinking he would win but that didn't happen. Anyway I don't watch anymore but my faves were the original Road Warriors animal and hawk then maybe the original Samoans Apha and Seeka. Always fun to watch and don't forget George the animal Steele. ;) 
November 20, 2010 12:43:40 AM

stillerfan15 said:
don't forget George the animal Steele. ;) 

I saw an interview with George Steele, not wrestling related, he came out with a suit and tie and was one of the most intelligent speaking men I'd ever heard, I watched the interview with my jaw down on the floor he had everyone completely fooled into believing he was a complete maniac, chewing the corner buckle padding but he is actually a very intelligent man.

November 20, 2010 8:19:27 PM

4Ryan6 said:
I saw an interview with George Steele, not wrestling related, he came out with a suit and tie and was one of the most intelligent speaking men I'd ever heard, I watched the interview with my jaw down on the floor he had everyone completely fooled into believing he was a complete maniac, chewing the corner buckle padding but he is actually a very intelligent man.

Thanks for reply - I believe he had a degree from Michigan State and a Masters from Central Michigan. He and Bruno Sammartino had some great bouts back in the day. :) 
Dave
November 21, 2010 12:03:47 AM

^ It was kinda cool back in the day when wrestling was thought to be real, I was also a fan of the Road Warriors, I still remember when they were dethroned by the Heart Foundation, for the longest time I despised the Heart Foundation, then later became a Bret Hart fan.

Do you remember, the Amazing Zuma? He was so wild and acrobatic in the ring, he scared some of the wrestlers so bad they wouldn't get in the ring with him, one night I saw him actually 360 the ring jumping from one ring rope to another without touching the mat, never saw anyone else even attempt to do that.
November 21, 2010 3:11:06 PM

I believe I saw the same interview with Hulk. I agree that with someone as big as Andre, it isn't a matter of when he will "lose," it's a matter of when he wanted to lose. When I was really young Hulk Hogan was the craze of the nation and you know, I probably still have his action figures somewhere in storage. Who knew that roids could make you popular (along with an excellent marketing scheme)?

I tell ya who was crazy was the 123 Kid. He's still alive today, but barely, as I think he's in a wheel chair. The crazy stuff he did in the ring, along with the drugs and such truly took its toll on him.
November 21, 2010 4:23:24 PM

^ Yeah some of them went out like moths to a flame!
November 21, 2010 7:01:54 PM

What about the 60's and Pro wrestling? No one attended Pro wrestling matches in the 60's. I went to just about every Pro wrstling card offered at Keil Auditorium in St. Louis circa 1966-69. Witnessed Dick the Bruiser, Black Jack Lanza, Terrry Funk (Funk Brothers), Andre the Giant, Pierre Carpenter, LOU THEZ, Baron Von Rashke, Fritz Von Eric (the claw), Gene Kiniski, Pat Oconner and many more names from the past I can't recollect. I saw quite a few Title bouts back in the late 60's.

I have a fond recollection of my buddy walking down to the ring and throwing mustard on Dick The Bruiser as he was booed out of the arena after destroying some clean cut kid. Later the Bruiser became the good guy and a fan favorite of course. I attend the matches between 1966-1969 as a teen. You ain't seen nothing if you ain't seen the iodine stains of the Bruiser. Maybe those were iodine tatoos. Gotta get me some.
November 21, 2010 8:12:30 PM

The 60's and such were the golden era of pro "wrestling," at least in my opinion. There was something about it that just drew you in- I got my hands on anything I could wrestling related when I watched it back in the day- even though in comparison to today's story lines and such trump it.
November 28, 2010 9:19:51 PM

faky
December 1, 2010 12:15:47 AM

Best champion and tag team of all time? Or do we need another thread?

I say Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair as the greatest champion.
And the Road Warriors as the greatest tag team. Hart Foundation very very close.
JMHO,
Dave
December 7, 2010 9:39:43 PM

In terms of marketing potential, Hulk was surely the greatest champ ever. Personally, I was rather fond of Bret Hart. Tag team wise, I agree, The Road Warriors were the best ever.
December 9, 2010 12:06:36 AM

buwish said:
In terms of marketing potential, Hulk was surely the greatest champ ever. Personally, I was rather fond of Bret Hart. Tag team wise, I agree, The Road Warriors were the best ever.

Bret (the hitman) Hart had the best line for sure :

The best there was
The best there is
And the best there will ever be

Can't argue with that :D 
December 9, 2010 9:09:46 AM

^ The Excellence of Execution!
December 16, 2010 3:43:36 AM

O yes, his catch phrases were one of the things that first drew me to him back in the day.
January 25, 2011 6:26:30 AM

Fake.
January 28, 2011 2:02:28 PM

when i was a little kid i would cringe as the rock used the peoples elbow on his victims of fate but now i see the truth the guy his elbow of steel struck was meerly misleading me to believe he have been gravely injured. i respect the effort put it to perfect the dark grimy world of wwe or back in the day wwf but i now realise everything is just to good to be true :) 
January 28, 2011 2:04:30 PM

Fake, it wouldn't be on TV if there was actual pain involved...unfortunately.

Wrestlers are more trained stuntmen rather than fighters.
January 28, 2011 2:48:10 PM

w33dg0d said:
Fake, it wouldn't be on TV if there was actual pain involved...unfortunately.

You're correct, it is fake. Though, TV will still show pain. Just watch the UFC sometime. Now that's real. [:aford10:7]
January 29, 2011 12:16:48 AM

^ Or Bully Beat Down! :lol: 
January 29, 2011 12:20:53 AM

I love that show. Mahem Miller cracks me up.
January 29, 2011 12:33:21 AM

I saw one of the shows that the bully actually connected a solid cheap shot with the pro fighter, and the fighter cut loose on the dude and beat the crap out of the bully, I thought, "Man I would have paid to of seen that live."

I don't remember which one it was but it was one of the earlier ones, if you see it you'll know it!
February 26, 2011 5:59:48 PM

the stuns are real, the hits arent , but dont forget even do its wrestling entertainement theres still real injuries and its still a soap opera made for men with some fake fighting, i still like it even do its fake
February 26, 2011 7:46:24 PM

and the Undertaker might just have the best schtick ever in pro wrestling.
February 26, 2011 7:48:10 PM

I must confess, I was a big fan of Sting, Brett Heart, and Diamond Dallas Page.
February 26, 2011 9:01:55 PM

aford10 said:
I must confess, I was a big fan of Sting, Brett Heart, and Diamond Dallas Page.

Agreed with Brett - the other 2 were just ok to me.
Dave
!