problems receiving email through Outlook

I am having problems receiving email through Outlook. My ISP is not having
any problems with their server. I am able to send email.

Any suggestions?

you need to be more especific about what the error is your getting.
receiving email requires authenication, sending email doesnot 95% of the time.
perhaps it is a user/password issue or an incoming mail setting issue.

"Kim Hrica" wrote:

> I am having problems receiving email through Outlook. My ISP is not having
> any problems with their server. I am able to send email.
>
> Any suggestions?

I am not getting an error message. The other party is just not receiving the
email. I can't be anymore specific because I have no other details. Sorry!

"wylie" wrote:

> you need to be more especific about what the error is your getting.
> receiving email requires authenication, sending email doesnot 95% of the time.
> perhaps it is a user/password issue or an incoming mail setting issue.
>

> "Kim Hrica" wrote:
>
> > I am having problems receiving email through Outlook. My ISP is not having
> > any problems with their server. I am able to send email.
> >
> > Any suggestions?

Is the person you are emailing receiving any mail from anyone? Are the emails
you are sending actually getting sent? Look in your Outbox and Sent folders.
If the email is in Sent then it was sent and the problem may be on the other
person's side. If the message is in your Outbox, it never was sent.
--
That's just like my opinion, Man........

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 07:30:24 -0700, Kim Hrica wrote:

> I am not getting an error message. The other party is just not receiving the
> email. I can't be anymore specific because I have no other details. Sorry!

Does other mail get through? Tried sending one to yourself? If yes, check
that you have the correct email address for the person that is currently
not getting your mail. If other mail gets through and you're sending to the
correct email address, the problem is not on your end - it's on the
receiving end.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User