Max.disk capacity in XP

June 8, 2005 8:54:49 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the maximum disk-capacity that is adressable on a
XP SP2 machine.
(Example : I put in 4 disks of 400Gb in my system and i make one dynamic
volume of 1.6Tb)

Regards,
Jo

More about : max disk capacity

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 8:54:50 PM

In article <uaSMInDbFHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, jo@assy-soft.com
says...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what is the maximum disk-capacity that is adressable on a
> XP SP2 machine.
> (Example : I put in 4 disks of 400Gb in my system and i make one dynamic
> volume of 1.6Tb)

Very bad idea - 4 x Disk as RAID 0 means you have 4 times the chances to
have a hardware fault that causes the loss of ALL of the data on the
drives.

If you have 4 x DISKS as RAID 5, you only get 1.2TB, but any single
drive can fail and you don't have any loss of data, but it will run slow
with a faulted drive.

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
!