Max.disk capacity in XP

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the maximum disk-capacity that is adressable on a
XP SP2 machine.
(Example : I put in 4 disks of 400Gb in my system and i make one dynamic
volume of 1.6Tb)

Regards,
Jo
1 answer Last reply
More about disk capacity

    In article <uaSMInDbFHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, jo@assy-soft.com
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know what is the maximum disk-capacity that is adressable on a
    > XP SP2 machine.
    > (Example : I put in 4 disks of 400Gb in my system and i make one dynamic
    > volume of 1.6Tb)

    Very bad idea - 4 x Disk as RAID 0 means you have 4 times the chances to
    have a hardware fault that causes the loss of ALL of the data on the
    drives.

    If you have 4 x DISKS as RAID 5, you only get 1.2TB, but any single
    drive can fail and you don't have any loss of data, but it will run slow
    with a faulted drive.

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

Microsoft Windows XP