Best shard

Ok i am hopefully going to be able to return to Ultima Online come
March. But i am going to have to start anew when i do return. I use to
play on Lake Austin but i think i am ready to venture onto an other
shard.

Anyone have any major favorites?

I've played Atlantic exclusively since 99 ... but I've visited Chessy
and some of the Japanese shards. Each has it's own flavor. What sort of
playstyle do you prefer?

Atlantic, here. Though I will occasionally log onto Great Lakes as well.

--
psz

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 00:50:30 -0700, Velvet_Fox@webtv.net (Velvet -) wrote:

>Ok i am hopefully going to be able to return to Ultima Online come
>March. But i am going to have to start anew when i do return. I use to
>play on Lake Austin but i think i am ready to venture onto an other
>shard.
>
>Anyone have any major favorites?

They have a Lake Austin shard now?!?
When did that happen?

Anyhow, the best shard is always Atlantic.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

"Velvet -" <Velvet_Fox@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Ok i am hopefully going to be able to return to Ultima Online come
> March. But i am going to have to start anew when i do return. I use to
> play on Lake Austin but i think i am ready to venture onto an other
> shard.
>
> Anyone have any major favorites?

I've played Great Lakes since I started UO. I've played some on Atlantic. If
you do check out Great Lakes. Watch out fo BC! Or Black Company guild. 2nd
largest guild in UO and about 2/3 of their ranks are RED!!

Sticky_314

"Velvet -" <Velvet_Fox@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Ok i am hopefully going to be able to return to Ultima Online come
> March. But i am going to have to start anew when i do return. I use to
> play on Lake Austin but i think i am ready to venture onto an other
> shard.
>
> Anyone have any major favorites?

I think it largely depends on two things - what style of play do you prefer,
and which shard has the least lag.
Personally, I prefer Europa for the 'normal' play - trading, monster
bashing, running around like a nut, etc, and Siege for role-play and combat.
I tried Atlantic and Legends for a while, but the lag was horrible - at WBB,
for example, I could move one step every 20 seconds, which got old fast!

"Velvet -" <Velvet_Fox@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Ok i am hopefully going to be able to return to Ultima Online come
> March. But i am going to have to start anew when i do return. I use to
> play on Lake Austin but i think i am ready to venture onto an other
> shard.
>
> Anyone have any major favorites?

Well, I play 99% on Atlantic. If you do deside to play there I would be
happy to provide you with good gear and help you get going again. ;-)

---

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

wrote:

>Ok i am hopefully going to be able to return to Ultima Online come
>March. But i am going to have to start anew when i do return. I use to
>play on Lake Austin but i think i am ready to venture onto an other
>shard.
>
>Anyone have any major favorites?

It depends on your play style, and your connection. Do you like a
crowded shard, or one that is less crowded?
At one time Atlantic was considered to be the worse shard with
the most jerks. I do not see that now, but then I never go to Fel.

I started on Europa when it first opened because friends moved there
from Atlantic. I meet Ali there. We played there until my connection
got so bad that I could never play. It was also over crowded by that
time.

We played LS until we got ripped off by a "news group friend". It
kind of turned us off on the shard all together.

Then we tried Oceania. Now that was fun. the shard was not
over crowded, and the people were very friendly. A very nice
experience. Just too far away and the connection was bad. :(

We came back to Atlantic, where I still had my house I placed in
98. Been there since. Atlantic seems to have cleaned up, or the
jerks just do not get to me, when they cant kill me. :p

I have a newbie on Lake Austin, and really see nothing wrong with
that shard. It does not seem over crowded, and the few people
I have meet, seem friendly. We have way to much on Atlantic now
to move again. :)

I am told GL has a good RP group. The West Coast shards seems
to have fewer people, with more room for housing,(and younger,
more rude people).

Your selection of shards depends on YOU. What do you want from
the game? Lots of people? Few people? Space for a house?
Combat "PVP", or PVM?

Number ONE consideration is your connection, because without a good
connection, you cant do any of it.

Ice

Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:

>We played LS until we got ripped off by a "news group friend". It
>kind of turned us off on the shard all together.

*ouch*.

I've played LS since a few weeks after I started, and have enjoyed the
heck out of it. I've met many good folks across the years, and
continue to do so to this day.

Just Sun I had an interesting experience - Was chatting with a guy
about purchasing an item, and try to recall where I'd seen his guild
tag before. He asked his guildmates (across ICQ I presume) about the
item as well. Somewhere the guildmistress got the idea I was seeking
to join the guild and asked me to the guildhouse! When the confusion
was cleared up, four of them grabbed their shopping runebooks, and we
spent three quite enjoyable hours recalling back and forth across LS
trading puns and shopping for the item in question.

Didn't find the item but had a hell of a time.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:38:17 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:

>Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:
>
>>We played LS until we got ripped off by a "news group friend". It
>>kind of turned us off on the shard all together.
>
>*ouch*.
>
>I've played LS since a few weeks after I started, and have enjoyed the
>heck out of it. I've met many good folks across the years, and
>continue to do so to this day.
>
>Just Sun I had an interesting experience - Was chatting with a guy
>about purchasing an item, and try to recall where I'd seen his guild
>tag before. He asked his guildmates (across ICQ I presume) about the
>item as well. Somewhere the guildmistress got the idea I was seeking
>to join the guild and asked me to the guildhouse! When the confusion
>was cleared up, four of them grabbed their shopping runebooks, and we
>spent three quite enjoyable hours recalling back and forth across LS
>trading puns and shopping for the item in question.
>
>Didn't find the item but had a hell of a time.

Those Nightkiss daggers are getting rare, eh?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Well, i like less people, wanting a spot to place a house 14 x 14 or
larger and i am rp'er. Plus i like PvM better then PvP. :D

I have looked into some of the shard boards on stratics and i think i
have found the one i am going to go too. I'll probably play on all
shards but i am pretty sure that Sonoma will be the one i am going too
make home. Folks were really nice to me there and within two days i've
already made promising friendships just through contact through a board.

Thank you all for opinions. :D

Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:38:17 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:
>

>>Didn't find the item but had a hell of a time.
>
>Those Nightkiss daggers are getting rare, eh?

?? I miss the reference. (The only news group folk I've met in game
is Gil here on LS, The Cysticot at one of his craft nights, and folks
at Katherine's Haunting.)

Actually, what I was/am seeking is an Ethereal Ostard. I'm trying to
buy one as gold I have, and can easily get more. Vet picks are
however scarce.

D.
--

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:34:32 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons)
wrote:

>Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:38:17 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:
>>

>>>Didn't find the item but had a hell of a time.
>>
>>Those Nightkiss daggers are getting rare, eh?
>
>?? I miss the reference. (The only news group folk I've met in game
>is Gil here on LS, The Cysticot at one of his craft nights, and folks
>at Katherine's Haunting.)
>
>Actually, what I was/am seeking is an Ethereal Ostard. I'm trying to
>buy one as gold I have, and can easily get more. Vet picks are
>however scarce.
>
>D.
Derek, do you have anything on Atlantic worth an Ethereal Ostard?
I have a few unused rewards. I could log onto LS and get an
Ethereal Ostard for you.

Ice

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:34:32 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:

>Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:38:17 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:
>>

>>>Didn't find the item but had a hell of a time.
>>
>>Those Nightkiss daggers are getting rare, eh?
>
>?? I miss the reference. (The only news group folk I've met in game
>is Gil here on LS, The Cysticot at one of his craft nights, and folks
>at Katherine's Haunting.)
>
>Actually, what I was/am seeking is an Ethereal Ostard. I'm trying to
>buy one as gold I have, and can easily get more. Vet picks are
>however scarce.

I was just guessing at what you were looking for. If I was right, you
would have been freaking out a bit. Oh well.
--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>I was just guessing at what you were looking for. If I was right, you
>would have been freaking out a bit. Oh well.

LOL. Had you been right it would have been worth it. :)

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:
>Derek, do you have anything on Atlantic worth an Ethereal Ostard?

Sadly, no.

Does anyone know a reliable x-shard gold broker?

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

Velvet if I were you and if you could return on the 16th of December and
have the Samurai Expasion UO is launching a new shard and for the first 30
days only ones with the Samurai Expasion will have the right to place a new
house there. Since it will be a new shard may have less people playing on
it.

I myself play on Chessy. I have met lots of great players there and if you
decide that chessy is for you then look up my vendor shop and leave a
message and I will contact you and help you out with weapons and armor. My
vendor is named Keeper Kalid and is located Northeast of Minoc in the high
steepes near the Crescent Mountain.

Keeper Kalid

"Alergic Alchemist" <allyTchemist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Velvet -" <Velvet_Fox@webtv.net> wrote in message
>> Ok i am hopefully going to be able to return to Ultima Online come
>> March. But i am going to have to start anew when i do return. I use to
>> play on Lake Austin but i think i am ready to venture onto an other
>> shard.
>>
>> Anyone have any major favorites?
>
> I think it largely depends on two things - what style of play do you
> prefer, and which shard has the least lag.
> Personally, I prefer Europa for the 'normal' play - trading, monster
> bashing, running around like a nut, etc, and Siege for role-play and
> combat. I tried Atlantic and Legends for a while, but the lag was
> horrible - at WBB, for example, I could move one step every 20 seconds,
> which got old fast!

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:52:18 -0800, "Ralph Fink"
<rfink@centurytel.net> wrote:

> Velvet if I were you and if you could return on the 16th of December and
>have the Samurai Expasion UO is launching a new shard and for the first 30
>days only ones with the Samurai Expasion will have the right to place a new
>house there. Since it will be a new shard may have less people playing on
>it.

That's a great idea. If I were a new or returning player without a
house holding me to another shard I'd play on Origin too.

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

Ralph Fink wrote:
>>I think it largely depends on two things - what style of play do you
>>prefer, and which shard has the least lag.
>>Personally, I prefer Europa for the 'normal' play - trading, monster
>>bashing, running around like a nut, etc, and Siege for role-play and
>>combat. I tried Atlantic and Legends for a while, but the lag was
>>horrible - at WBB, for example, I could move one step every 20 seconds,
>>which got old fast!

Anyone looking on Atlantic, I know where there is a very nice
little house spot, right on the water about 2 screens from the Brit
gate and totally UNcrowded. all woodsy area. Lemme know. :D

--
YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate

Dude, email me privately and tell me where this is. I have a home on
Dragoin isle, but I'm tired of recalling in to find Anchient Wyrms on
my doorstep, and I need a bigger place.

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 11 Dec 2004 16:01:46 -0800, "Ghosty" <ghosty@gmail.com> wrote:

>Dude, email me privately and tell me where this is. I have a home on
>Dragoin isle, but I'm tired of recalling in to find Anchient Wyrms on
>my doorstep, and I need a bigger place.

And I want your place. That sounds like fun. hehehe

Ice

It's the ameboa-shaped island just south of Destard.

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:00:42 -0600, Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:

>On 11 Dec 2004 16:01:46 -0800, "Ghosty" <ghosty@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Dude, email me privately and tell me where this is. I have a home on
>>Dragoin isle, but I'm tired of recalling in to find Anchient Wyrms on
>>my doorstep, and I need a bigger place.

>And I want your place. That sounds like fun. hehehe
>
>Ice

Dragon Isle? Where is that?

--

Ghosty wrote:

> It's the ameboa-shaped island just south of Destard.

I emailed you.....

--

On 12 Dec 2004 03:34:11 -0800, "Ghosty" <ghosty@gmail.com> wrote:

>It's the ameboa-shaped island just south of Destard.

Oh. I never saw anything much there other than Nightmares back when T2A
first was created.