Europa Tower Giveaway

This is the last property held on the last account. I'm closing it this
weekend, so will need to transfer or drop the tower in the next 48 hours.

Was originally Kiril's but he doesn't want it back so it is looking for a
good home.

It's in the Northern Forests, Felucca, intricately decorated, customised
castle on a tower-sized plot. Comes complete with hundreds of tailoring
BODs, ingots, resources, regs, rares, you name it. Everything in the chests
is included. I would hate to see it drop to a horde of scavengers. Would
rather it went to someone who will appreciate it, not tear it apart and sell
it.

Drop a line here if you think you could use a place like this.

Dani
34 answers Last reply
More about europa tower giveaway
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    No-One replied yet?- I`ll have it if no-one else wants it!
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >Subject: Re: Europa Tower Giveaway
    >From: "Mark Brown" apba44@dsl.pipex(spam-me-not).com
    >Date: 12/11/2004 2:26 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >

    >No-One replied yet?- I`ll have it if no-one else wants it!

    Then you won't have it, if that is the requirement! Ha!

    Actually, I probably wouldn't use it. I know quite a few people on Europa,
    though...I could see that it ended up with a newbie. Or you could give it to
    Mark Brown...hehe. I would probably just post it on the board I write for (UO
    Powergamers) and see if there were any EU players needing a place.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On 11 Dec 2004 10:53:55 GMT, pl722@aol.comnospam (Paul W. Lints)
    wrote:

    >>Subject: Re: Europa Tower Giveaway
    >>From: "Mark Brown" apba44@dsl.pipex(spam-me-not).com
    >>Date: 12/11/2004 2:26 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >>

    >>No-One replied yet?- I`ll have it if no-one else wants it!
    >>

    >Then you won't have it, if that is the requirement! Ha!
    >
    >Actually, I probably wouldn't use it. I know quite a few people on Europa,
    >though...I could see that it ended up with a newbie. Or you could give it to
    >Mark Brown...hehe. I would probably just post it on the board I write for (UO
    >Powergamers) and see if there were any EU players needing a place.

    I don't think you'd really be doing a newbie any favours by giving
    them a full sized tower. The game is easy enough as it is. Why take
    away the sense of accomplishment of actually scrounging up the gold
    and placing their own house?

    Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Paul W. Lints" <pl722@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
    > >Subject: Re: Europa Tower Giveaway
    > >From: "Mark Brown" apba44@dsl.pipex(spam-me-not).com
    > >Date: 12/11/2004 2:26 AM Pacific Standard Time
    > >

    > >No-One replied yet?- I`ll have it if no-one else wants it!
    > >

    > Then you won't have it, if that is the requirement! Ha!

    Erm, what i meant to say was Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease....
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 09:48:42 -0500, Reg LeCrisp <x@x.x> wrote:

    >I don't think you'd really be doing a newbie any favours by giving
    >them a full sized tower. The game is easy enough as it is. Why take
    >away the sense of accomplishment of actually scrounging up the gold
    >and placing their own house?
    >
    >Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

    Boy, is that an understatement........... I ran into a newbie last
    night at the Vesper Tailor shop looking for an Anvil deed. I ask
    her to come to my shop and I would make one. She knew nothing
    about UO. I ask how long she had been playing and she said,
    "one week", and her new Smith character was one day old.
    I told her she could not use an anvil unless she had a house.
    She said "I have a house, someplace, near Yew, by a waterfall".
    I ask her how she got the gold for a house so fast. She said
    killing Orc in Haven. She had also bought a guild stone and started
    her own guild. (She was the only member for now).

    I know this is going to sound like the old "When I was young, I walked
    to and from school uphill both ways, in the snow, barefoot", but I can
    remember playing all day and bringing in less than 2k. It took me
    three months to save the gold to place my first one room shack, that
    a pk killed me on the doorstep, took my key, and took my house.
    (for you newbie's, back then, houses were not linked to the person
    that placed them. You placed, got a key, and anyone with a key
    could take it over).

    The newbie said she had been killed in Britain and robbed. I ask if
    she was in Fel, and she said she had used a rune someone gave her,
    it just said Britain, she did not know what Felucca was. I gave her a
    rune book with all the Trammel town runes, and she was surprised to
    see how many towns were in Trammel. I told her about Felucca, and
    how to tell a Felucca rune from a Trammel rune.

    I think it is wonderful that a new player has the opportunity to place
    a house now, but are they really ready to place a house when they
    do not even know how many towns are in Trammel, much less about
    Felucca, and all the other added lands?

    Am I being resentful of how easy it is for newbie's now, compared
    to when I started? I do not think so. I just feel you appreciate
    what you have if you have to really work for it. I think that is the
    problem with youth in RL. Everything comes too easy, and nothing
    really means anything to them, so why not tear it up.

    Just MHO,

    Ice
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:38:55 -0600, Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:

    >On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 09:48:42 -0500, Reg LeCrisp <x@x.x> wrote:
    >

    >>I don't think you'd really be doing a newbie any favours by giving
    >>them a full sized tower. The game is easy enough as it is. Why take
    >>away the sense of accomplishment of actually scrounging up the gold
    >>and placing their own house?
    >>
    >>Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
    >
    >Boy, is that an understatement........... I ran into a newbie last
    >night at the Vesper Tailor shop looking for an Anvil deed. I ask
    >her to come to my shop and I would make one. She knew nothing
    >about UO. I ask how long she had been playing and she said,
    >"one week", and her new Smith character was one day old.
    >I told her she could not use an anvil unless she had a house.
    >She said "I have a house, someplace, near Yew, by a waterfall".
    >I ask her how she got the gold for a house so fast. She said
    >killing Orc in Haven. She had also bought a guild stone and started
    >her own guild. (She was the only member for now).

    Hah, I met a newbie once who'd been given a house and they didn't even
    know where it was. They'd recalled away from it without having a rune
    back. :)

    >I know this is going to sound like the old "When I was young, I walked
    >to and from school uphill both ways, in the snow, barefoot", but I can
    >remember playing all day and bringing in less than 2k. It took me
    >three months to save the gold to place my first one room shack, that
    >a pk killed me on the doorstep, took my key, and took my house.
    >(for you newbie's, back then, houses were not linked to the person
    >that placed them. You placed, got a key, and anyone with a key
    >could take it over).

    That's how it was when I placed my first house too. Getting together
    40k to buy that house deed took ages. I can make 40k in a couple of
    hours now. And the house deeds were stealable too so just carrying it
    around looking for a spot was dangerous.

    Well those days are gone now and aren't coming back. Everything is
    safe and easy now. I miss the old UO sometimes.

    Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >From: Reg LeCrisp x@x.x
    >Date: 12/11/2004 6:48 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >On 11 Dec 2004 10:53:55 GMT, pl722@aol.comnospam (Paul W. Lints)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>>Subject: Re: Europa Tower Giveaway
    >>>From: "Mark Brown" apba44@dsl.pipex(spam-me-not).com
    >>>Date: 12/11/2004 2:26 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >>>

    >>>No-One replied yet?- I`ll have it if no-one else wants it!
    >>>

    >>Then you won't have it, if that is the requirement! Ha!
    >>
    >>Actually, I probably wouldn't use it. I know quite a few people on Europa,
    >>though...I could see that it ended up with a newbie. Or you could give it
    >>Mark Brown...hehe. I would probably just post it on the board I write for
    >(UO
    >>Powergamers) and see if there were any EU players needing a place.
    >
    >I don't think you'd really be doing a newbie any favours by giving
    >them a full sized tower. The game is easy enough as it is. Why take
    >away the sense of accomplishment of actually scrounging up the gold
    >and placing their own house?

    I tend to give anything I do not use to new players. As for housing...I spent
    my first year and a half saving for a house only to get scammed out of my
    savings. So much for scrounging, yeah? Would have been nice if there was
    anyone to help, instead of just hurt. Anyhow, I was just telling the OP what I
    would do with the tower. If he doesn't think it is a good idea, he can give it
    to anyone else. No hard feelings.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On 11 Dec 2004 18:56:17 GMT, pl722@aol.comnospam (Paul W. Lints)
    wrote:
    >>I don't think you'd really be doing a newbie any favours by giving
    >>them a full sized tower. The game is easy enough as it is. Why take
    >>away the sense of accomplishment of actually scrounging up the gold
    >>and placing their own house?
    >>

    >I tend to give anything I do not use to new players. As for housing...I spent
    >my first year and a half saving for a house only to get scammed out of my
    >savings. So much for scrounging, yeah? Would have been nice if there was
    >anyone to help, instead of just hurt. Anyhow, I was just telling the OP what I
    >would do with the tower. If he doesn't think it is a good idea, he can give it
    >to anyone else. No hard feelings.

    Oh I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about a real newbie who
    had just started playing since the latest expansion came out. I hope
    you get the tower actually. :)

    I'm in favour of helping out newbies too but I tend to do it by giving
    them cheap but decent equipment and advice on how to get better stuff
    on their own rather than by handing out large quantities of gold or
    real estate.

    Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Reg LeCrisp wrote:
    > On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:38:55 -0600, Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:

    >>I know this is going to sound like the old "When I was young, I walked
    >>to and from school uphill both ways, in the snow, barefoot", but I can
    >>remember playing all day and bringing in less than 2k. It took me
    >>three months to save the gold to place my first one room shack, that
    >>a pk killed me on the doorstep, took my key, and took my house.
    >>(for you newbie's, back then, houses were not linked to the person
    >>that placed them. You placed, got a key, and anyone with a key
    >>could take it over).
    >>

    > That's how it was when I placed my first house too. Getting together
    > 40k to buy that house deed took ages. I can make 40k in a couple of
    > hours now. And the house deeds were stealable too so just carrying it
    > around looking for a spot was dangerous.

    Actually houses were only ~10k when the game was new and anyone remember
    tents? I owned one on the strip mall leading to Moonglow's entrance as
    well as a couple used to block people from stealing through the back
    walls of my large forge. It didn't help of course as there were a number
    of ways to break into a LF so I was pretty much cleaned out anyway.

    Things were hard up those days w/o corpse ownership: I remember people
    stealing my arrows as the misses dropped to the ground then looting my
    kills before I could get to them.

    NPC shops had a limit on how much they would buy. I remember Pacific had
    so many mage/tailors that I carried around a fancy shirt for weeks w/o
    finding a vendor with enough gold to buy it.

    My Baja bowyer I started when the shard first opened was a relative
    pleasure to run back then. He could make a solid 300 gold per hour so I
    was able to buy a house and place it on Moonglow the first week it was open.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:20:57 GMT, Rick Cortese
    <ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Reg LeCrisp wrote:
    >> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:38:55 -0600, Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:
    >
    >>>I know this is going to sound like the old "When I was young, I walked
    >>>to and from school uphill both ways, in the snow, barefoot", but I can
    >>>remember playing all day and bringing in less than 2k. It took me
    >>>three months to save the gold to place my first one room shack, that
    >>>a pk killed me on the doorstep, took my key, and took my house.
    >>>(for you newbie's, back then, houses were not linked to the person
    >>>that placed them. You placed, got a key, and anyone with a key
    >>>could take it over).
    >>>

    >> That's how it was when I placed my first house too. Getting together
    >> 40k to buy that house deed took ages. I can make 40k in a couple of
    >> hours now. And the house deeds were stealable too so just carrying it
    >> around looking for a spot was dangerous.
    >
    >Actually houses were only ~10k when the game was new and anyone remember
    >tents? I owned one on the strip mall leading to Moonglow's entrance as
    >well as a couple used to block people from stealing through the back
    >walls of my large forge. It didn't help of course as there were a number
    >of ways to break into a LF so I was pretty much cleaned out anyway.

    I think they raised the prices a few times to try to stop the urban
    blight. I do remember tents though. They disappeared shortly after I
    first started.

    Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:42:43 -0500, Reg LeCrisp <x@x.x> wrote:

    >That's how it was when I placed my first house too. Getting together
    >40k to buy that house deed took ages. I can make 40k in a couple of
    >hours now. And the house deeds were stealable too so just carrying it
    >around looking for a spot was dangerous.

    I remember not being able to break 10K for about my first entire year. I
    think that was how much my small forge cost back then. It might have been
    dangerous to carry around a deed, but it was really easy finding a housing
    spot.

    >Well those days are gone now and aren't coming back. Everything is
    >safe and easy now. I miss the old UO sometimes.

    Yeah, me too. Well, not the original UO but after the housing patch and
    before the fame patch and before the split certainly.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 02:13:31 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >>Well those days are gone now and aren't coming back. Everything is
    >>safe and easy now. I miss the old UO sometimes.
    >
    >Yeah, me too. Well, not the original UO but after the housing patch and
    >before the fame patch and before the split certainly.

    For me, I like the split. I can tolerate almost anything except being
    stolen from or killed by some pimple face geek jerk. Someone that
    has never hit anything more dangerous than his keyboard.

    Just MHO,

    Ice
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:59:26 -0600, Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:

    >On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 02:13:31 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>>Well those days are gone now and aren't coming back. Everything is
    >>>safe and easy now. I miss the old UO sometimes.
    >>
    >>Yeah, me too. Well, not the original UO but after the housing patch and
    >>before the fame patch and before the split certainly.
    >
    >For me, I like the split. I can tolerate almost anything except being
    >stolen from or killed by some pimple face geek jerk. Someone that
    >has never hit anything more dangerous than his keyboard.
    >
    >Just MHO,
    >
    >Ice

    Oh I like the split, I'm just trying to date when the rules in general
    were the way I liked them the best. My ideal shard would be back using
    those older shard rules but with the Trammel PvM ruleset.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Paul W. Lints" <pl722@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
    > >Subject: Re: Europa Tower Giveaway
    > >From: "Mark Brown" apba44@dsl.pipex(spam-me-not).com
    > >Date: 12/11/2004 2:26 AM Pacific Standard Time
    > >

    > >No-One replied yet?- I`ll have it if no-one else wants it!
    > >

    > Then you won't have it, if that is the requirement! Ha!
    >
    > Actually, I probably wouldn't use it. I know quite a few people on
    Europa,
    > though...I could see that it ended up with a newbie. Or you could give it
    > Mark Brown...hehe. I would probably just post it on the board I write for
    (UO
    > Powergamers) and see if there were any EU players needing a place.

    Sorry, I totally forgot about even posting this. (Teenage daughter issues
    this weekend :p )

    Your website sounds ideal. I hope you find a good home for it. The
    customisation and decoration took me a solid week. I hope someone else
    enjoys living in it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

    I'll put icq on now, gimme a shout when you come online. 82649281
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Dani" <dani@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "Paul W. Lints" <pl722@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
    > > >Subject: Re: Europa Tower Giveaway
    > > >From: "Mark Brown" apba44@dsl.pipex(spam-me-not).com
    > > >Date: 12/11/2004 2:26 AM Pacific Standard Time
    > > >

    > > >No-One replied yet?- I`ll have it if no-one else wants it!
    > > >

    > > Then you won't have it, if that is the requirement! Ha!
    > >
    > > Actually, I probably wouldn't use it. I know quite a few people on
    > Europa,
    > > though...I could see that it ended up with a newbie. Or you could give
    it
    > > Mark Brown...hehe. I would probably just post it on the board I write
    for
    > (UO
    > > Powergamers) and see if there were any EU players needing a place.
    >

    > Sorry, I totally forgot about even posting this. (Teenage daughter issues
    > this weekend :p )
    >
    > Your website sounds ideal. I hope you find a good home for it. The
    > customisation and decoration took me a solid week. I hope someone else
    > enjoys living in it as much as I enjoyed creating it.
    >
    > I'll put icq on now, gimme a shout when you come online. 82649281

    If paul doesn`t get in touch I am still very interested and would make very
    good use of the tower!. If paul wants a house for new players i`ll be glad
    to pass on my malas 10x11 villa!- Much more manageable :)

    I can be contacted on icq no 259907645
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Mark Brown" <apba44@dsl.pipex(spam-me-not).com> wrote in message

    > "Dani" <dani@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Paul W. Lints" <pl722@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

    > > > Then you won't have it, if that is the requirement! Ha!
    > > >
    > > > Actually, I probably wouldn't use it. I know quite a few people on
    > > Europa,
    > > > though...I could see that it ended up with a newbie. Or you could
    give
    > it
    > > > Mark Brown...hehe. I would probably just post it on the board I write
    > for
    > > (UO
    > > > Powergamers) and see if there were any EU players needing a place.
    > >

    > > Sorry, I totally forgot about even posting this. (Teenage daughter
    issues
    > > this weekend :p )
    > >
    > > Your website sounds ideal. I hope you find a good home for it. The
    > > customisation and decoration took me a solid week. I hope someone else
    > > enjoys living in it as much as I enjoyed creating it.
    > >
    > > I'll put icq on now, gimme a shout when you come online. 82649281
    > >

    > If paul doesn`t get in touch I am still very interested and would make
    very
    > good use of the tower!. If paul wants a house for new players i`ll be glad
    > to pass on my malas 10x11 villa!- Much more manageable :)
    >
    > I can be contacted on icq no 259907645

    Alrighty, it's a deal.

  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Eek, that hurt!

    Oki, deed is done. Take care all.

    *wave*
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >Subject: Re: Europa Tower Giveaway
    >From: "Mark Brown" apba44@dsl.pipex(spam-me-not).com
    >Date: 12/12/2004 7:08 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >

    >"Dani" <dani@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Paul W. Lints" <pl722@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

    >> > Then you won't have it, if that is the requirement! Ha!
    >> >
    >> > Actually, I probably wouldn't use it. I know quite a few people on
    >> Europa,
    >> > though...I could see that it ended up with a newbie. Or you could give
    >it
    >> > Mark Brown...hehe. I would probably just post it on the board I write
    >for
    >> (UO
    >> > Powergamers) and see if there were any EU players needing a place.
    >>

    >> Sorry, I totally forgot about even posting this. (Teenage daughter issues
    >> this weekend :p )
    >>
    >> Your website sounds ideal. I hope you find a good home for it. The
    >> customisation and decoration took me a solid week. I hope someone else
    >> enjoys living in it as much as I enjoyed creating it.
    >>
    >> I'll put icq on now, gimme a shout when you come online. 82649281
    >>

    >If paul doesn`t get in touch I am still very interested and would make very
    >good use of the tower!. If paul wants a house for new players i`ll be glad
    >to pass on my malas 10x11 villa!- Much more manageable :)
    >
    >I can be contacted on icq no 259907645

    Always like seeing things go to people that can use them best. I assume you
    have the tower already? hehe. If you really want to give that place away I
    can see that it goes to someone, otherwise no worries :).
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    > Always like seeing things go to people that can use them best. I assume
    you
    > have the tower already? hehe. If you really want to give that place away
    > can see that it goes to someone, otherwise no worries :).

    I`ve got the tower and have just finished clearing out my villa. If you want
    the villa just get in touch here or at icq no. 259907645 and i`ll transfer
    it. No hurry, i understand I should have a week before it collapses.
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    > Eek, that hurt!
    >
    > Oki, deed is done. Take care all.
    >
    > *wave*

    Sorry you're off...hope you enjoy whatever next takes your fancy :)

    Archeon
  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    wrote:

    >On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 02:13:31 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>>Well those days are gone now and aren't coming back. Everything is
    >>>safe and easy now. I miss the old UO sometimes.
    >>
    >>Yeah, me too. Well, not the original UO but after the housing patch and
    >>before the fame patch and before the split certainly.
    >
    >For me, I like the split. I can tolerate almost anything except being
    >stolen from or killed by some pimple face geek jerk. Someone that
    >has never hit anything more dangerous than his keyboard.

    I'm the same. I've been killed by RPers and it didn't phase me a
    bit. I got killed at deamon temple and was fine with that, but
    when the killer followed me to the healer and whacked me two more
    times, I kinda blew a gasket.

    If I've decided to go to Fel, then I've chosen to accept the
    possibility (eventuality?) of death. What I don't understand is
    what these guys think their gonna loot off a recently rezzed
    player.
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:45:40 -0600, Jaeger Prelac
    <jprelac@softhome.net> wrote:

    >I'm the same. I've been killed by RPers and it didn't phase me a
    >bit. I got killed at deamon temple and was fine with that, but
    >when the killer followed me to the healer and whacked me two more
    >times, I kinda blew a gasket.
    >
    >If I've decided to go to Fel, then I've chosen to accept the
    >possibility (eventuality?) of death. What I don't understand is
    >what these guys think their gonna loot off a recently rezzed
    >player.

    Some are building up their kills for a more "evil" title, others do it
    because they think it will humiliate you even more. Just for kicks
    for others. I had one kill my miner, rez her, then kill her again,
    then killed her bug. It was just being mean to spoil my day.
    They get a kick out of spoiling someone's day. Most of them that
    do stuff like that, truly need physical help in RL, IMHO.

    Ice
  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >From: Jaeger Prelac jprelac@softhome.net
    >Date: 12/14/2004 11:45 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >If I've decided to go to Fel, then I've chosen to accept the
    >possibility (eventuality?) of death. What I don't understand is
    >what these guys think their gonna loot off a recently rezzed
    >player.

    Insurance money, usually. And the chance that you run out of insurance,
    resulting in your things dropping on your corpse.
  24. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Ice wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:45:40 -0600, Jaeger Prelac
    > <jprelac@softhome.net> wrote:
    >

    >>I'm the same. I've been killed by RPers and it didn't phase me a
    >>bit. I got killed at deamon temple and was fine with that, but
    >>when the killer followed me to the healer and whacked me two more
    >>times, I kinda blew a gasket.
    >>
    >>If I've decided to go to Fel, then I've chosen to accept the
    >>possibility (eventuality?) of death. What I don't understand is
    >>what these guys think their gonna loot off a recently rezzed
    >>player.
    >

    > Some are building up their kills for a more "evil" title, others do it
    > because they think it will humiliate you even more. Just for kicks
    > for others. I had one kill my miner, rez her, then kill her again,
    > then killed her bug. It was just being mean to spoil my day.
    > They get a kick out of spoiling someone's day. Most of them that
    > do stuff like that, truly need physical help in RL, IMHO.
    And maybe some psychological help perhaps ?

    /ZW
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 00:10:31 +0100, ZoombyWoof
    <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:

    >Ice wrote:
    >> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:45:40 -0600, Jaeger Prelac
    >> <jprelac@softhome.net> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm the same. I've been killed by RPers and it didn't phase me a
    >>>bit. I got killed at deamon temple and was fine with that, but
    >>>when the killer followed me to the healer and whacked me two more
    >>>times, I kinda blew a gasket.
    >>>
    >>>If I've decided to go to Fel, then I've chosen to accept the
    >>>possibility (eventuality?) of death. What I don't understand is
    >>>what these guys think their gonna loot off a recently rezzed
    >>>player.
    >>

    >> Some are building up their kills for a more "evil" title, others do it
    >> because they think it will humiliate you even more. Just for kicks
    >> for others. I had one kill my miner, rez her, then kill her again,
    >> then killed her bug. It was just being mean to spoil my day.
    >> They get a kick out of spoiling someone's day. Most of them that
    >> do stuff like that, truly need physical help in RL, IMHO.
    >And maybe some psychological help perhaps ?
    >
    >/ZW
    I was thinking about drugs, but your correct.

    Ice
  26. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Ice wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 00:10:31 +0100, ZoombyWoof
    > <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Ice wrote:

    >>>Some are building up their kills for a more "evil" title, others do it
    >>>because they think it will humiliate you even more. Just for kicks
    >>>for others. I had one kill my miner, rez her, then kill her again,
    >>>then killed her bug. It was just being mean to spoil my day.
    >>>They get a kick out of spoiling someone's day. Most of them that
    >>>do stuff like that, truly need physical help in RL, IMHO.
    >>
    >>And maybe some psychological help perhaps ?
    >>
    >>/ZW
    >
    > I was thinking about drugs, but your correct.
    >
    > Ice
    The majority of people with this behaviour are not taking drugs. They
    are probably kids who used to tear flies wings of just to torment them,
    or burn the cat or stuff like that, psychopaths.

    /ZW
  27. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:15:35 +0100, ZoombyWoof
    <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:

    >Ice wrote:
    >> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 00:10:31 +0100, ZoombyWoof
    >> <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:

    >>>And maybe some psychological help perhaps ?
    >>>
    >>>/ZW
    >>
    >> I was thinking about drugs, but your correct.
    >>
    >> Ice
    >The majority of people with this behaviour are not taking drugs. They
    >are probably kids who used to tear flies wings of just to torment them,
    >or burn the cat or stuff like that, psychopaths.
    >
    >/ZW
    You miss understand, They NEED to be ON some drugs. Lithium comes
    to mind.

    Ice
  28. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On 14 Dec 2004 20:06:32 GMT, pl722@aol.comnospam (Paul W. Lints)
    wrote:

    >>From: Jaeger Prelac jprelac@softhome.net
    >>Date: 12/14/2004 11:45 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >>
    >>If I've decided to go to Fel, then I've chosen to accept the
    >>possibility (eventuality?) of death. What I don't understand is
    >>what these guys think their gonna loot off a recently rezzed
    >>player.
    >>

    >Insurance money, usually. And the chance that you run out of insurance,
    >resulting in your things dropping on your corpse.

    Huh? The killer gets the insurance money? I didn't know that.

    Lessee here... Six pieces to a suit. Add two rings and a robe,
    maybe boots and a cloak. That's eleven, thirteen if you have a
    shield and a wep. 13*600=7800

    Almost 8K per kill, and the opp for misc loot on the body too.
    That's not bad! I may take up PK myself at those rates.

    Anyone got a rune to the spawn?

    I actually know someone this happened to. I'm not rich, but it's
    gonna take all weekend to make me go broke with insurance
    premiums. Quite frankly, I don't have the patience to hang
    around that long.
  29. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:00:54 -0600, Ice <nobody@noplace.com>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:45:40 -0600, Jaeger Prelac
    ><jprelac@softhome.net> wrote:
    >

    >>I'm the same. I've been killed by RPers and it didn't phase me a
    >>bit. I got killed at deamon temple and was fine with that, but
    >>when the killer followed me to the healer and whacked me two more
    >>times, I kinda blew a gasket.
    >>
    >>If I've decided to go to Fel, then I've chosen to accept the
    >>possibility (eventuality?) of death. What I don't understand is
    >>what these guys think their gonna loot off a recently rezzed
    >>player.
    >
    >Some are building up their kills for a more "evil" title, others do it
    >because they think it will humiliate you even more. Just for kicks
    >for others. I had one kill my miner, rez her, then kill her again,
    >then killed her bug. It was just being mean to spoil my day.
    >They get a kick out of spoiling someone's day. Most of them that
    >do stuff like that, truly need physical help in RL, IMHO.

    Humiliating me aint easy. Sure, in the right mood I will get
    upset, but mostly I'm gonna make your day even worse. I can be
    infuriating when I want to. Ever read the pranks at
    somethingawfull.com?

    I think I saw smoke coming out of one guy's ears.
  30. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Jaeger Prelac" <jprelac@softhome.net> wrote in message
    > On 14 Dec 2004 20:06:32 GMT, pl722@aol.comnospam (Paul W. Lints)
    > wrote:
    > Huh? The killer gets the insurance money? I didn't know that.
    >
    > Lessee here... Six pieces to a suit. Add two rings and a robe,
    > maybe boots and a cloak. That's eleven, thirteen if you have a
    > shield and a wep. 13*600=7800
    >
    > Almost 8K per kill, and the opp for misc loot on the body too.
    > That's not bad! I may take up PK myself at those rates.

    The PK only gets 300 per insured item, the other 300 goes into the ether. I
    think that if you get PK'ed it then only cost 300 per item for reinsurance,
    but I don't travel to Fel, so not sure on that.
  31. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Ice wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:15:35 +0100, ZoombyWoof
    > <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Ice wrote:

    >>>I was thinking about drugs, but your correct.
    >>>
    >>>Ice
    >>
    >>The majority of people with this behaviour are not taking drugs. They
    >>are probably kids who used to tear flies wings of just to torment them,
    >>or burn the cat or stuff like that, psychopaths.
    >>
    >>/ZW
    >
    > You miss understand, They NEED to be ON some drugs. Lithium comes
    > to mind.
    >
    > Ice
    Got it :-)

    /ZW
  32. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:33:56 -0800, "Magik"
    <magik87@putercom.org> wrote:

    >"Jaeger Prelac" <jprelac@softhome.net> wrote in message
    >> On 14 Dec 2004 20:06:32 GMT, pl722@aol.comnospam (Paul W. Lints)
    >> wrote:
    >> Huh? The killer gets the insurance money? I didn't know that.
    >>
    >> Lessee here... Six pieces to a suit. Add two rings and a robe,
    >> maybe boots and a cloak. That's eleven, thirteen if you have a
    >> shield and a wep. 13*600=7800
    >>
    >> Almost 8K per kill, and the opp for misc loot on the body too.
    >> That's not bad! I may take up PK myself at those rates.
    >
    >The PK only gets 300 per insured item, the other 300 goes into the ether. I
    >think that if you get PK'ed it then only cost 300 per item for reinsurance,
    >but I don't travel to Fel, so not sure on that.

    I honestly didn't know that. So there is some value in killing
    over and over. Seems like a pathetic way to earn gold, though.
  33. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Jaeger Prelac wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:33:56 -0800, "Magik"
    > <magik87@putercom.org> wrote:
    <snip>
    >>The PK only gets 300 per insured item, the other 300 goes into the ether. I
    >>think that if you get PK'ed it then only cost 300 per item for reinsurance,
    >>but I don't travel to Fel, so not sure on that.
    >

    > I honestly didn't know that. So there is some value in killing
    > over and over. Seems like a pathetic way to earn gold, though.

    On another note, a lot of PKs play it as a territorial game. Kind of "I
    kill you this is now my city. Go rez somewhere else." It's the ownage
    game. They may not want anything you were carrying but they exercise the
    right to deny it from you.

    On a practical note, lots of PvP types have auto dress/heal macros
    hooked into UOA or other 3rd party software. If they make it to the bank
    they are back in the fight in a matter of seconds. Once they have their
    bank box open they are almost impossible to kill as they can drink
    potions and use bandages right out of the bank box. If they die when
    doing this you don't get a lot of useful stuff since it remains in the
    bank box.

    It's a dirty game but it is the way the game is played. Just think
    lowest common denominator and you will get it.
  34. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:26:21 GMT, Rick Cortese
    <ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Jaeger Prelac wrote:
    >> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:33:56 -0800, "Magik"
    >> <magik87@putercom.org> wrote:
    ><snip>
    >>>The PK only gets 300 per insured item, the other 300 goes into the ether. I
    >>>think that if you get PK'ed it then only cost 300 per item for reinsurance,
    >>>but I don't travel to Fel, so not sure on that.
    >>

    >> I honestly didn't know that. So there is some value in killing
    >> over and over. Seems like a pathetic way to earn gold, though.
    >
    >On another note, a lot of PKs play it as a territorial game. Kind of "I
    >kill you this is now my city. Go rez somewhere else." It's the ownage
    >game. They may not want anything you were carrying but they exercise the
    >right to deny it from you.

    And here I thought factions and guilds would fill that bill.

    >On a practical note, lots of PvP types have auto dress/heal macros
    >hooked into UOA or other 3rd party software. If they make it to the bank
    >they are back in the fight in a matter of seconds. Once they have their
    >bank box open they are almost impossible to kill as they can drink
    >potions and use bandages right out of the bank box. If they die when
    >doing this you don't get a lot of useful stuff since it remains in the
    >bank box.
    >
    >It's a dirty game but it is the way the game is played. Just think
    >lowest common denominator and you will get it.

    Perhaps my brane is borken, I just don't get it.

Computers Games Giveaway Video Games