Ancient SOS price question

Last response: in Video Games
December 13, 2004 8:03:54 AM

I'm on Atlantic ... anyone know going price for ancient sos chests and
fabled nets?

I Awoke In Britannia!
http://britannia.blogspot.com
December 13, 2004 8:03:55 AM

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:03:54 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
<ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:

>I'm on Atlantic ... anyone know going price for ancient sos chests and
>fabled nets?

The metal sos chest were selling for about 500gp, the colored nets for
3 to 5k, depending on the vendor, normal nets 1k. You cant give away
the wood sos chests, so I just dump them.

I have not noticed prices in a few months, so that could have changed.

Ice
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 9:14:33 AM

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:35:04 -0600, Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:03:54 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
><ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:
>

>>I'm on Atlantic ... anyone know going price for ancient sos chests and
>>fabled nets?

>The metal sos chest were selling for about 500gp, the colored nets for
>3 to 5k, depending on the vendor, normal nets 1k. You cant give away
>the wood sos chests, so I just dump them.
>
>I have not noticed prices in a few months, so that could have changed.
>
>Ice

Last month I needed 2 more metal chests and I could only find them for
about 4K each. I did eventually find 2 on a vendor for 1K each though.
So I think the prices have increased from the old days.

Don't know about Ancient SOS bottles though. Since they changed it so you
needed fishing skill to use SOS maps, I haven't bothered with them at all.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Ice wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:03:54 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
> <ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:
>

> > I'm on Atlantic ... anyone know going price for ancient sos chests
> > and fabled nets?

> The metal sos chest were selling for about 500gp, the colored nets for
> 3 to 5k, depending on the vendor, normal nets 1k. You cant give away
> the wood sos chests, so I just dump them.
>
> I have not noticed prices in a few months, so that could have changed.
>
> Ice

Are you sure about this? Anceient sos chests are true white, as are the
fabled nets, which give a Leviathan and a shot at a ghost anchor minor
arty. Ancient sos's happen only 1 in 25 times, I find it hard to
believe they're selling for 3-5k.

I Awoke In Britannia!
http://britannia.blogspot.com
December 13, 2004 5:00:04 PM

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:11:17 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
<ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:

>Ice wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:03:54 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
>> <ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:
>>

>> > I'm on Atlantic ... anyone know going price for ancient sos chests
>> > and fabled nets?

>> The metal sos chest were selling for about 500gp, the colored nets for
>> 3 to 5k, depending on the vendor, normal nets 1k. You cant give away
>> the wood sos chests, so I just dump them.
>>
>> I have not noticed prices in a few months, so that could have changed.
>>
>> Ice
>
>Are you sure about this? Anceient sos chests are true white, as are the
>fabled nets, which give a Leviathan and a shot at a ghost anchor minor
>arty. Ancient sos's happen only 1 in 25 times, I find it hard to
>believe they're selling for 3-5k.

Sorry about that. I thought he was talking about the normal metal
chests. Like I said, I have not had time to read up on all the new
changes, and I have not had my fisher out in ages.

Where do you get these "true white" chests? you said 1 in 25 times,
but off of what? The Leviathan when you cast a normal net? or normal
sea serpents?

If it were not for the NG, I would be totally lost now days. :)

Ice
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 6:56:11 PM

Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>Last month I needed 2 more metal chests and I could only find them for
>about 4K each. I did eventually find 2 on a vendor for 1K each though.
>So I think the prices have increased from the old days.

That depends (on LS) on the kind of metal chests; shipwreck chests are
cheap, the metal chests from Plague Beast Lords cost somewhat more.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 3:12:32 AM

Ice wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:11:17 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
> <ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:
>
> > Ice wrote:

> chests >> > and fabled nets?

> >> The metal sos chest were selling for about 500gp, the colored nets
> for >> 3 to 5k, depending on the vendor, normal nets 1k. You cant
> give away >> the wood sos chests, so I just dump them.
> >>
> >> I have not noticed prices in a few months, so that could have
> changed. >>
> >> Ice
> >
> > Are you sure about this? Anceient sos chests are true white, as are
> > the fabled nets, which give a Leviathan and a shot at a ghost
> > anchor minor arty. Ancient sos's happen only 1 in 25 times, I find
> > it hard to believe they're selling for 3-5k.

> Sorry about that. I thought he was talking about the normal metal
> chests. Like I said, I have not had time to read up on all the new
> changes, and I have not had my fisher out in ages.
>
> Where do you get these "true white" chests? you said 1 in 25 times,
> but off of what? The Leviathan when you cast a normal net? or normal
> sea serpents?
>
> If it were not for the NG, I would be totally lost now days. :)
>
> Ice

Ancient SOSes are true white, and occur 1 in every 25 times you would
get a normal SOS from a sea- or deep-sea serpent. You don't know if
it's an ancient SOS until you open the bottle and take the message out.

When you fish up an ancient SOS, you get a true white chest that is one
level higher than a regular SOS chest (level 2 - 4 instead of 1 - 3),
and a true white net called a Fabled fish net.

If you toss a Fabled fishing net, you will get a Leviathan, and if you
defeat it, you have a shot at receiving a Ghost Ship Anchor, which does
nothing at all except make a nice deco for your home. I have no idea
what they would sell for, as I have yet to see one outside the test
center servers.

IMO, they should have made that anchor white too. ;-)

I Awoke In Britannia!
http://britannia.blogspot.com
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 3:21:58 AM

Ghosty Twofish wrote:

> Ice wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:11:17 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
> > <ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:

> > chests >> > and fabled nets?

> > nets for >> 3 to 5k, depending on the vendor, normal nets 1k. You
> > cant give away >> the wood sos chests, so I just dump them.

> > changed. >>
> > >
> > > Are you sure about this? Anceient sos chests are true white, as
> > > are the fabled nets, which give a Leviathan and a shot at a ghost
> > > anchor minor arty. Ancient sos's happen only 1 in 25 times, I find
> > > it hard to believe they're selling for 3-5k.

> > Sorry about that. I thought he was talking about the normal metal
> > chests. Like I said, I have not had time to read up on all the new
> > changes, and I have not had my fisher out in ages.
> >
> > Where do you get these "true white" chests? you said 1 in 25 times,
> > but off of what? The Leviathan when you cast a normal net? or normal
> > sea serpents?
> >
> > If it were not for the NG, I would be totally lost now days. :)
> >
> > Ice
>
> Ancient SOSes are true white, and occur 1 in every 25 times you would
> get a normal SOS from a sea- or deep-sea serpent. You don't know if
> it's an ancient SOS until you open the bottle and take the message
> out.
>
> When you fish up an ancient SOS, you get a true white chest that is
> one level higher than a regular SOS chest (level 2 - 4 instead of 1 -
> 3), and a true white net called a Fabled fish net.
>
> If you toss a Fabled fishing net, you will get a Leviathan, and if you
> defeat it, you have a shot at receiving a Ghost Ship Anchor, which
> does nothing at all except make a nice deco for your home. I have no
> idea what they would sell for, as I have yet to see one outside the
> test center servers.
>
> IMO, they should have made that anchor white too. ;-)

Correction: The tosser of a fabled fishing net, *if* a GM Fisherman,
has a 1 in 4 chance of getting a minor artifact of some type (Luck does
not modify this chance). If the net thrower does not get an artifact,
but is a top attacker for the net spawn, then there will be a second
chance to get a minor artifact (which can be modified by Luck), and the
Ghost Ship Anchor can only be gotten by defeating a Leviathan.
Should have been more clear about that. ;-)

I Awoke In Britannia!
http://britannia.blogspot.com
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 5:52:18 PM

Ghosty Twofish wrote:
> Ghosty Twofish wrote:
>

>>Ice wrote:

>>>chests >> > and fabled nets?

>>>nets for >> 3 to 5k, depending on the vendor, normal nets 1k. You
>>>cant give away >> the wood sos chests, so I just dump them.

>>>changed. >>

>>>Sorry about that. I thought he was talking about the normal metal
>>>chests. Like I said, I have not had time to read up on all the new
>>>changes, and I have not had my fisher out in ages.
>>>
>>>Where do you get these "true white" chests? you said 1 in 25 times,
>>>but off of what? The Leviathan when you cast a normal net? or normal
>>>sea serpents?
>>>
>>>If it were not for the NG, I would be totally lost now days. :)
>>>
>>>Ice
>>
>>Ancient SOSes are true white, and occur 1 in every 25 times you would
>>get a normal SOS from a sea- or deep-sea serpent. You don't know if
>>it's an ancient SOS until you open the bottle and take the message
>>out.
>>
>>When you fish up an ancient SOS, you get a true white chest that is
>>one level higher than a regular SOS chest (level 2 - 4 instead of 1 -
>>3), and a true white net called a Fabled fish net.
>>
>>If you toss a Fabled fishing net, you will get a Leviathan, and if you
>>defeat it, you have a shot at receiving a Ghost Ship Anchor, which
>>does nothing at all except make a nice deco for your home. I have no
>>idea what they would sell for, as I have yet to see one outside the
>>test center servers.
>>
>>IMO, they should have made that anchor white too. ;-)

> Correction: The tosser of a fabled fishing net, *if* a GM Fisherman,
> has a 1 in 4 chance of getting a minor artifact of some type (Luck does
> not modify this chance). If the net thrower does not get an artifact,
> but is a top attacker for the net spawn, then there will be a second
> chance to get a minor artifact (which can be modified by Luck), and the
> Ghost Ship Anchor can only be gotten by defeating a Leviathan.
> Should have been more clear about that. ;-)

Very interesting. Thanx for the clarification. Time to get the fisherman
to work again maybe :-)

/ZW
!