Ancient SOS price question

I'm on Atlantic ... anyone know going price for ancient sos chests and
fabled nets?

I Awoke In Britannia!
http://britannia.blogspot.com
8 answers Last reply
More about ancient price question
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:03:54 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
    <ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:

    >I'm on Atlantic ... anyone know going price for ancient sos chests and
    >fabled nets?

    The metal sos chest were selling for about 500gp, the colored nets for
    3 to 5k, depending on the vendor, normal nets 1k. You cant give away
    the wood sos chests, so I just dump them.

    I have not noticed prices in a few months, so that could have changed.

    Ice
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:35:04 -0600, Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:

    >On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:03:54 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
    ><ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:
    >

    >>I'm on Atlantic ... anyone know going price for ancient sos chests and
    >>fabled nets?

    >The metal sos chest were selling for about 500gp, the colored nets for
    >3 to 5k, depending on the vendor, normal nets 1k. You cant give away
    >the wood sos chests, so I just dump them.
    >
    >I have not noticed prices in a few months, so that could have changed.
    >
    >Ice

    Last month I needed 2 more metal chests and I could only find them for
    about 4K each. I did eventually find 2 on a vendor for 1K each though.
    So I think the prices have increased from the old days.

    Don't know about Ancient SOS bottles though. Since they changed it so you
    needed fishing skill to use SOS maps, I haven't bothered with them at all.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Ice wrote:

    > On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:03:54 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
    > <ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:
    >

    > > I'm on Atlantic ... anyone know going price for ancient sos chests
    > > and fabled nets?

    > The metal sos chest were selling for about 500gp, the colored nets for
    > 3 to 5k, depending on the vendor, normal nets 1k. You cant give away
    > the wood sos chests, so I just dump them.
    >
    > I have not noticed prices in a few months, so that could have changed.
    >
    > Ice

    Are you sure about this? Anceient sos chests are true white, as are the
    fabled nets, which give a Leviathan and a shot at a ghost anchor minor
    arty. Ancient sos's happen only 1 in 25 times, I find it hard to
    believe they're selling for 3-5k.

    I Awoke In Britannia!
    http://britannia.blogspot.com
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:11:17 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
    <ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:

    >Ice wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:03:54 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
    >> <ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:
    >>

    >> > I'm on Atlantic ... anyone know going price for ancient sos chests
    >> > and fabled nets?

    >> The metal sos chest were selling for about 500gp, the colored nets for
    >> 3 to 5k, depending on the vendor, normal nets 1k. You cant give away
    >> the wood sos chests, so I just dump them.
    >>
    >> I have not noticed prices in a few months, so that could have changed.
    >>
    >> Ice
    >
    >Are you sure about this? Anceient sos chests are true white, as are the
    >fabled nets, which give a Leviathan and a shot at a ghost anchor minor
    >arty. Ancient sos's happen only 1 in 25 times, I find it hard to
    >believe they're selling for 3-5k.

    Sorry about that. I thought he was talking about the normal metal
    chests. Like I said, I have not had time to read up on all the new
    changes, and I have not had my fisher out in ages.

    Where do you get these "true white" chests? you said 1 in 25 times,
    but off of what? The Leviathan when you cast a normal net? or normal
    sea serpents?

    If it were not for the NG, I would be totally lost now days. :)

    Ice
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Last month I needed 2 more metal chests and I could only find them for
    >about 4K each. I did eventually find 2 on a vendor for 1K each though.
    >So I think the prices have increased from the old days.

    That depends (on LS) on the kind of metal chests; shipwreck chests are
    cheap, the metal chests from Plague Beast Lords cost somewhat more.

    D.
    --
    Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

    Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Ice wrote:

    > On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:11:17 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
    > <ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:
    >
    > > Ice wrote:

    > chests >> > and fabled nets?

    > >> The metal sos chest were selling for about 500gp, the colored nets
    > for >> 3 to 5k, depending on the vendor, normal nets 1k. You cant
    > give away >> the wood sos chests, so I just dump them.
    > >>
    > >> I have not noticed prices in a few months, so that could have
    > changed. >>
    > >> Ice
    > >
    > > Are you sure about this? Anceient sos chests are true white, as are
    > > the fabled nets, which give a Leviathan and a shot at a ghost
    > > anchor minor arty. Ancient sos's happen only 1 in 25 times, I find
    > > it hard to believe they're selling for 3-5k.

    > Sorry about that. I thought he was talking about the normal metal
    > chests. Like I said, I have not had time to read up on all the new
    > changes, and I have not had my fisher out in ages.
    >
    > Where do you get these "true white" chests? you said 1 in 25 times,
    > but off of what? The Leviathan when you cast a normal net? or normal
    > sea serpents?
    >
    > If it were not for the NG, I would be totally lost now days. :)
    >
    > Ice

    Ancient SOSes are true white, and occur 1 in every 25 times you would
    get a normal SOS from a sea- or deep-sea serpent. You don't know if
    it's an ancient SOS until you open the bottle and take the message out.

    When you fish up an ancient SOS, you get a true white chest that is one
    level higher than a regular SOS chest (level 2 - 4 instead of 1 - 3),
    and a true white net called a Fabled fish net.

    If you toss a Fabled fishing net, you will get a Leviathan, and if you
    defeat it, you have a shot at receiving a Ghost Ship Anchor, which does
    nothing at all except make a nice deco for your home. I have no idea
    what they would sell for, as I have yet to see one outside the test
    center servers.

    IMO, they should have made that anchor white too. ;-)

    I Awoke In Britannia!
    http://britannia.blogspot.com
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Ghosty Twofish wrote:

    > Ice wrote:
    >
    > > On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:11:17 GMT, "Ghosty Twofish"
    > > <ghosty@gmail.com.deleteme> wrote:

    > > chests >> > and fabled nets?

    > > nets for >> 3 to 5k, depending on the vendor, normal nets 1k. You
    > > cant give away >> the wood sos chests, so I just dump them.

    > > changed. >>
    > > >
    > > > Are you sure about this? Anceient sos chests are true white, as
    > > > are the fabled nets, which give a Leviathan and a shot at a ghost
    > > > anchor minor arty. Ancient sos's happen only 1 in 25 times, I find
    > > > it hard to believe they're selling for 3-5k.

    > > Sorry about that. I thought he was talking about the normal metal
    > > chests. Like I said, I have not had time to read up on all the new
    > > changes, and I have not had my fisher out in ages.
    > >
    > > Where do you get these "true white" chests? you said 1 in 25 times,
    > > but off of what? The Leviathan when you cast a normal net? or normal
    > > sea serpents?
    > >
    > > If it were not for the NG, I would be totally lost now days. :)
    > >
    > > Ice
    >
    > Ancient SOSes are true white, and occur 1 in every 25 times you would
    > get a normal SOS from a sea- or deep-sea serpent. You don't know if
    > it's an ancient SOS until you open the bottle and take the message
    > out.
    >
    > When you fish up an ancient SOS, you get a true white chest that is
    > one level higher than a regular SOS chest (level 2 - 4 instead of 1 -
    > 3), and a true white net called a Fabled fish net.
    >
    > If you toss a Fabled fishing net, you will get a Leviathan, and if you
    > defeat it, you have a shot at receiving a Ghost Ship Anchor, which
    > does nothing at all except make a nice deco for your home. I have no
    > idea what they would sell for, as I have yet to see one outside the
    > test center servers.
    >
    > IMO, they should have made that anchor white too. ;-)

    Correction: The tosser of a fabled fishing net, *if* a GM Fisherman,
    has a 1 in 4 chance of getting a minor artifact of some type (Luck does
    not modify this chance). If the net thrower does not get an artifact,
    but is a top attacker for the net spawn, then there will be a second
    chance to get a minor artifact (which can be modified by Luck), and the
    Ghost Ship Anchor can only be gotten by defeating a Leviathan.
    Should have been more clear about that. ;-)

    I Awoke In Britannia!
    http://britannia.blogspot.com
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Ghosty Twofish wrote:
    > Ghosty Twofish wrote:
    >

    >>Ice wrote:

    >>>chests >> > and fabled nets?

    >>>nets for >> 3 to 5k, depending on the vendor, normal nets 1k. You
    >>>cant give away >> the wood sos chests, so I just dump them.

    >>>changed. >>

    >>>Sorry about that. I thought he was talking about the normal metal
    >>>chests. Like I said, I have not had time to read up on all the new
    >>>changes, and I have not had my fisher out in ages.
    >>>
    >>>Where do you get these "true white" chests? you said 1 in 25 times,
    >>>but off of what? The Leviathan when you cast a normal net? or normal
    >>>sea serpents?
    >>>
    >>>If it were not for the NG, I would be totally lost now days. :)
    >>>
    >>>Ice
    >>
    >>Ancient SOSes are true white, and occur 1 in every 25 times you would
    >>get a normal SOS from a sea- or deep-sea serpent. You don't know if
    >>it's an ancient SOS until you open the bottle and take the message
    >>out.
    >>
    >>When you fish up an ancient SOS, you get a true white chest that is
    >>one level higher than a regular SOS chest (level 2 - 4 instead of 1 -
    >>3), and a true white net called a Fabled fish net.
    >>
    >>If you toss a Fabled fishing net, you will get a Leviathan, and if you
    >>defeat it, you have a shot at receiving a Ghost Ship Anchor, which
    >>does nothing at all except make a nice deco for your home. I have no
    >>idea what they would sell for, as I have yet to see one outside the
    >>test center servers.
    >>
    >>IMO, they should have made that anchor white too. ;-)

    > Correction: The tosser of a fabled fishing net, *if* a GM Fisherman,
    > has a 1 in 4 chance of getting a minor artifact of some type (Luck does
    > not modify this chance). If the net thrower does not get an artifact,
    > but is a top attacker for the net spawn, then there will be a second
    > chance to get a minor artifact (which can be modified by Luck), and the
    > Ghost Ship Anchor can only be gotten by defeating a Leviathan.
    > Should have been more clear about that. ;-)

    Very interesting. Thanx for the clarification. Time to get the fisherman
    to work again maybe :-)

    /ZW

Computers Games Video Games