Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a Santa rosa laptop

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
May 15, 2007 3:25:20 PM

Santa rosa was released May 9th, since then a few santa rosa laptop came on the market, however, I havent found any that fits my needs. If any of you guys saw nice Santa Rosa laptops, let me know plz!

Heres what I'm looking for:
15.4" - 17"
T7300-T7500
3-4GB DDR2 (If the laptop can come with 512MB, Id really like that. That would allow me to put 2x 2GB PC2-6400 in that thing without wasting too much money)
1GB Flash mem
Wireless N of course! and bluetooth
Full keyboard! Very important! (with numpad on the right!)
7200RPM Hard drive >=100GB
Decent Graphic card

I saw the Lenovo T61 for 2,055$ that had all of this except the graphic card and it was a 14.1" (prolly didnt have full keyboard either).

Im also looking for more info on laptops Vid cards. Should I avoid Quadro VNS series? Go with Quadro FX? Or definitely Geforce 8?

Also! Is it just because I'm ignorant or is 667mHz memory making the 800mHz Front side bus of the CPU near useless?

Budget <=2500$ if possible!

More about : santa rosa laptop

a b D Laptop
May 15, 2007 3:59:47 PM

OK, take a look here: Santa Rosa linup.
I wipped this up over the weekend. Obviously, it isn't finished. Dell hasn't offered any info on their Santa Rosa laptops and I need to add GPU's and prices for each (hoping to do the last two this week).

Right now you will NOT be able to buy any of the laptops that claim to have a G8m graphics card. NVidia hasn't released them yet and they won't be out for retail until June. Only avoid the Quadro if you plan on playing games. they don't handle that all too well. Stick with a G8 series or an HD series from ATI (also not out).
(G8 = Geforce 8 series, only up to 8600GT)
DDR2-667 runs plenty fast, but get the 800 if you can find it.
May 15, 2007 5:19:34 PM

Quadro FX cards handle gaming just fine; and even better if you crank the AA up....
May 18, 2007 3:06:45 PM

Santa Rosa chipsets don't support 800 Mhz memory, still 667 MHz.
DDR2-800 will work (most likely), but do little to nothing.

!