Windows beeps on shutdown

Lately Windows will beep on shutdown. The kind of beep like when you type
into something that is read only, not the internal speaker. Is there any way
to figure out what is causing it to beep and stop it? Thanks.

Byte

The cause could be many reasons, but to get rid of it, do this:
Start>Control Panel>Sounds and Audio>Audio tab
Now scroll down to Program events>Windows and check which entry
has a speaker sound in front of it. Check each one which makes the
same sound as the one you are hearing. When you find it, you can
hit the small arrow below and set it to "None" to delete it. Click Apply
and OK.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Brandon" wrote:

> Lately Windows will beep on shutdown. The kind of beep like when you type
> into something that is read only, not the internal speaker. Is there any way
> to figure out what is causing it to beep and stop it? Thanks.

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Have a look in Event Viewer, for errors at the time of shutdown

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer

Jon

"Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Lately Windows will beep on shutdown. The kind of beep like when you type
> into something that is read only, not the internal speaker. Is there any
> way
> to figure out what is causing it to beep and stop it? Thanks.

Thanks Jon, I took a look in my even viewer and I found there is an error
with DCOM, when I double click on that error it tells me "DCOM got error "The
service database is locked. " attempting to start the service winmgmt with
arguments "" in order to run the server:
{8BC3F05E-D86B-11D0-A075-00C04FB68820}"

Any ideas what this is? Thanks.