6th character slots and 7 Anniversary Gifts for sale from EA

http://www.uogamecodes.com/store/index.asp

Just thought I'd let those of us who don't check the UO website or
Stratics very often. Twenty bucks for a 5th character slot and gift
codes are going for 2 dollars each. It's not a bad deal especially
if you missed out on them the first time around.

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
15 answers Last reply
More about character slots anniversary gifts sale
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    I already had the 6th character slot, but I scrolled down the page and found
    7th Anniversary Item Codes for $1.99 each. I bought 3 of them before UO cut
    me off. I now have Royal Leggings of Embers and Ancient Samurai Helms for
    both of my warrior characters. A real good deal.

    Sarah

    "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote in message
    > http://www.uogamecodes.com/store/index.asp
    >
    > Just thought I'd let those of us who don't check the UO website or
    > Stratics very often. Twenty bucks for a 5th character slot and gift
    > codes are going for 2 dollars each. It's not a bad deal especially
    > if you missed out on them the first time around.
    >
    > Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Sarah" <nospam@spam.com> wrote in message
    > I already had the 6th character slot, but I scrolled down the page and
    found
    > 7th Anniversary Item Codes for $1.99 each. I bought 3 of them before UO
    cut
    > me off. I now have Royal Leggings of Embers and Ancient Samurai Helms for
    > both of my warrior characters. A real good deal.
    >
    > Sarah
    >
    > "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote in message
    > > http://www.uogamecodes.com/store/index.asp
    > >
    > > Just thought I'd let those of us who don't check the UO website or
    > > Stratics very often. Twenty bucks for a 5th character slot and gift
    > > codes are going for 2 dollars each. It's not a bad deal especially
    > > if you missed out on them the first time around.
    > >
    > > Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

    You can also buy a 7-pack of the Anniversary gifts for $12.95. Gives you
    seven individual codes you can use for whichever gifts you want, doesn't
    have to be one of each.

    The gift codes are only on sale until January 5th.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    I seen the 7-pack, but it was unclear if you had to take one each or could
    take 3 or 4 of the same two items. I was only interested in the leggings and
    helm.

    Anyway, this offer should make the price drop on the helms and leggings that
    were selling big bucks on vendors.

    Sarah

    "Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote in message

    > You can also buy a 7-pack of the Anniversary gifts for $12.95. Gives you
    > seven individual codes you can use for whichever gifts you want, doesn't
    > have to be one of each.
    >
    > The gift codes are only on sale until January 5th.

  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:01:24 -0800, "Sarah" <nospam@spam.com> wrote:

    >I already had the 6th character slot, but I scrolled down the page and found
    >7th Anniversary Item Codes for $1.99 each. I bought 3 of them before UO cut
    >me off. I now have Royal Leggings of Embers and Ancient Samurai Helms for
    >both of my warrior characters. A real good deal.

    I think I'll just buy all 7 codes for 12.95. That way I can have the
    whole set and a couple of duplicates of the useful ones.

    If you think people are bitter now just wait until EA starts selling
    soulstones for 20 dollars each. It's only a matter of time.

    Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:01:24 -0800, "Sarah" <nospam@spam.com> wrote:

    >I already had the 6th character slot, but I scrolled down the page and found
    >7th Anniversary Item Codes for $1.99 each. I bought 3 of them before UO cut
    >me off. I now have Royal Leggings of Embers and Ancient Samurai Helms for
    >both of my warrior characters. A real good deal.

    I wonder how many people bought 7AE just for those items. Big difference
    between $29 and $2.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    "Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:01:24 -0800, "Sarah" <nospam@spam.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I already had the 6th character slot, but I scrolled down the page and
    found
    > >7th Anniversary Item Codes for $1.99 each. I bought 3 of them before UO
    cut
    > >me off. I now have Royal Leggings of Embers and Ancient Samurai Helms for
    > >both of my warrior characters. A real good deal.
    >
    > I wonder how many people bought 7AE just for those items. Big difference
    > between $29 and $2.

    A Lot. And they are all pissed off. 11 pages of postings on Stratics about
    how evil EA is. Personally, I could have lived without additional 7AE
    gifts, but I think it is cool that I have to option to spend a little cash
    and get some more. I wouldn't spend $15 on ebay for one gift, but I'll give
    EA $2. And better yet, you can buy the 6th character slot codes now since
    7AE isn't on most store shelves anymore.
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >>I already had the 6th character slot, but I scrolled down the page and
    >>found
    >>7th Anniversary Item Codes for $1.99 each. I bought 3 of them before UO
    >>cut
    >>me off. I now have Royal Leggings of Embers and Ancient Samurai Helms for
    >>both of my warrior characters. A real good deal.
    >
    > I wonder how many people bought 7AE just for those items. Big difference
    > between $29 and $2.

    I bought ONE, but I had a nice little item called a $15 off coupon at the EA
    store. So I got two aniversary gifts and the 6th char slot for $11 including
    the shipping and handling. So I'm thinking I got a pretty good deal. :)~ By
    the way. 7AE was only going for $19.95 online at the EAStore. Not $29.95
    Like SE was.

    Sticky_314
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Reg LeCrisp <x@x.x> wrote:
    >If you think people are bitter now just wait until EA starts selling
    >soulstones for 20 dollars each. It's only a matter of time.

    The interesting part is that folks have proposed before that EA cut
    the legs out from under the scammers and eBayers (two sets that only
    partially overlap) by doing exactly this. (Selling ingame items for
    U$D.) From one point of view, buying an advanced character is not
    much different from buying an acount.

    The overall response of the playerbase seems to be that any traffic in
    game goods for U$D is a Bad Thing and not to be tolerated, no matter
    who does it. (A position I agree with BTW.)

    D.
    --
    Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

    Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:03:23 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons)
    wrote:

    >Reg LeCrisp <x@x.x> wrote:
    >>If you think people are bitter now just wait until EA starts selling
    >>soulstones for 20 dollars each. It's only a matter of time.
    >
    >The interesting part is that folks have proposed before that EA cut
    >the legs out from under the scammers and eBayers (two sets that only
    >partially overlap) by doing exactly this. (Selling ingame items for
    >U$D.) From one point of view, buying an advanced character is not
    >much different from buying an acount.
    >
    >The overall response of the playerbase seems to be that any traffic in
    >game goods for U$D is a Bad Thing and not to be tolerated, no matter
    >who does it. (A position I agree with BTW.)
    >
    >D.

    I basically agree that paying real money for in game items whether
    it's to an ebayer or to EA damages the game but in the case of
    soulstones and 6th character slots those items are just so useful I
    think we will need a way for new accounts to acquire them.

    In the best of all possible worlds EA would just make all accounts
    default to 6 slots and would give us a fun in game mechanism for
    acquiring soulstones but since they have no intention of doing that
    I'm willing to up put with them being sold for real dollars.

    Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Reg LeCrisp wrote:
    > http://www.uogamecodes.com/store/index.asp
    >
    > Just thought I'd let those of us who don't check the UO website or
    > Stratics very often. Twenty bucks for a 5th character slot and gift
    > codes are going for 2 dollars each. It's not a bad deal especially
    > if you missed out on them the first time around.
    >
    > Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

    I still want to know hwy I havn't recieved my gift code.

    --
    YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
    a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 00:48:35 -0600, "WindsorFox[SS]"
    <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

    >Reg LeCrisp wrote:
    >> http://www.uogamecodes.com/store/index.asp
    >>
    >> Just thought I'd let those of us who don't check the UO website or
    >> Stratics very often. Twenty bucks for a 5th character slot and gift
    >> codes are going for 2 dollars each. It's not a bad deal especially
    >> if you missed out on them the first time around.
    >>
    >> Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
    >
    > I still want to know hwy I havn't recieved my gift code.

    If you have not received a 7th Anniversary gift code by now, you will
    not receive one. I was not signed up for EA SPAM, so I did not get
    one either. When I checked with EA (after about the 10th e-mail),
    I got the answer that all codes were sent and if I did not read the
    web site and find out that I would not get a code if I was not signed
    up for "EA news" (SPAM), it was too late now.

    I told them I thought that stinks, along with a few other choice
    words.

    Ice
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Lyons) wrote:

    >Reg LeCrisp <x@x.x> wrote:
    >>If you think people are bitter now just wait until EA starts selling
    >>soulstones for 20 dollars each. It's only a matter of time.
    >
    >The interesting part is that folks have proposed before that EA cut
    >the legs out from under the scammers and eBayers (two sets that only
    >partially overlap) by doing exactly this. (Selling ingame items for
    >U$D.) From one point of view, buying an advanced character is not
    >much different from buying an acount.
    >
    >The overall response of the playerbase seems to be that any traffic in
    >game goods for U$D is a Bad Thing and not to be tolerated, no matter
    >who does it. (A position I agree with BTW.)

    I'm not an economist, but I don't see how the ebayers are harming
    the game. Other that facilitating the conection between buyer
    and seller, how is ebay different from an in game vendor?

    The idea that ebay is harming the player to player interaction in
    the game is believable. The answer to that issue, if EA/OSI
    decides to address it, is by improving the game in a way that
    promotes that interaction, not by pressuring ebayers.

    I can well understand EA not wanting to see people profit, in
    real dollars, from EA's work. Property rights and so forth
    should be protected. But that does not explan the opinions I see
    here, against the ebayers.

    I am apparently missing something, and over a year of lurking
    here hasn't made it obviouse to me. Can it be explained in small
    words?
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:32:35 -0500, Reg LeCrisp <x@x.x> wrote:

    >On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:03:23 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Reg LeCrisp <x@x.x> wrote:
    >>>If you think people are bitter now just wait until EA starts selling
    >>>soulstones for 20 dollars each. It's only a matter of time.

    <snip>

    >In the best of all possible worlds EA would just make all accounts
    >default to 6 slots and would give us a fun in game mechanism for
    >acquiring soulstones but since they have no intention of doing that
    >I'm willing to up put with them being sold for real dollars.

    I think the problem is that the 6th slot and the soulstone were
    the wrong type of item to be offered as a promo/upgrade. These
    are game improvements that should be applied, in some way, to all
    accounts. Both could have been added the 7th anni upgrade, as I
    still say the 6th slot and the stone were meant to be used hand
    in hand.

    The Shroud of Shadows is exactly the type of in game item that
    should be offered for pre order promos. A basically useless
    item, that has value ONLY if a player places value on it.
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:08:49 -0600, Jaeger Prelac
    <jprelac@softhome.net> wrote:

    >On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:32:35 -0500, Reg LeCrisp <x@x.x> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:03:23 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons)
    >>wrote:

    ><snip>
    >
    >>In the best of all possible worlds EA would just make all accounts
    >>default to 6 slots and would give us a fun in game mechanism for
    >>acquiring soulstones but since they have no intention of doing that
    >>I'm willing to up put with them being sold for real dollars.
    >
    >I think the problem is that the 6th slot and the soulstone were
    >the wrong type of item to be offered as a promo/upgrade. These
    >are game improvements that should be applied, in some way, to all
    >accounts. Both could have been added the 7th anni upgrade, as I
    >still say the 6th slot and the stone were meant to be used hand
    >in hand.
    >
    >The Shroud of Shadows is exactly the type of in game item that
    >should be offered for pre order promos. A basically useless
    >item, that has value ONLY if a player places value on it.

    I agree with you but they're smart. They knew that absolutely nobody
    was going to buy the stupid Seventh Anniversary edition without
    something actually useful being included. The 6th character slot is
    the only reason I bought that box at all. And after the disaster that
    was AoS I doubt they would have gotten many pre orders for the Samurai
    expansion either. The only reason people are so anxious to get these
    expansions is so they can have the first crack at new housing lands.
    Since Malas basically solved that problem there was no real reason to
    be the first to have the latest expansion anymore.

    I think it's easier for them to convince us to buy their stuff if they
    include something in the box that we just can't live with out. God
    knows they can't do it by providing fun new content and smooth bug
    free releases. :)

    Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Ice wrote:

    > If you have not received a 7th Anniversary gift code by now, you will
    > not receive one. I was not signed up for EA SPAM, so I did not get
    > one either. When I checked with EA (after about the 10th e-mail),
    > I got the answer that all codes were sent and if I did not read the
    > web site and find out that I would not get a code if I was not signed
    > up for "EA news" (SPAM), it was too late now.
    >
    > I told them I thought that stinks, along with a few other choice
    > words.
    >
    > Ice

    Well it's a damn good thing they are in California, because I'd
    go take it out of someones ass. EA is a bunch of stinking assclowns
    that keep their heads up their asses. I recieved SPAM from them twice
    before that point was ever brought up here.

    --
    YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
    a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate

Computers Games Video Games Product