250 GB Maxtor vs Wester Digital

KoRn_quebecois

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003
Hi
I am new here and it is a very good place for information about computers.
I want to put a 250GB hard disks , 8mb cache, 7200 rpm
in my Xbox for christmas. I don't know what I should choose between Maxtor and Western Digital. When i chose my company, which type of their hard disk should i choose then. Both of them build different hard disk of 250GB. I read the article about the differences in that site and they said that they were both good. So now I am a little bit confused about the choice I have to made. I would like your suggestions for my christmas gift.
Thank you
vive le métal caliss

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by KoRn_quebecois on 12/03/03 08:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Go for the Hitachi...decently faster. All three are good choices though, I doubt an Xbox would tax any of them anyway. Why do you want/need a 250GB HDD for your XBOX anyway??? Are you also sure that the XBOX's mobo supports HDDs greater than 250GB??

Damn Rambus.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Either one is fine. It's a win-win situation. Just make sure the xbox supports drives that big.

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
He PMed me, they do work with teh modchip he has. I still comprehend using that much space for an XBOX though. All three are great drives, Hitachi 7k250 being the fastest.

Damn Rambus.

KoRn_quebecois

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003
With a 250GB I can put lots of movies and games.
I download movies(divx) very often and now I am runnning out of space. I am also bored to burned all my movies. I have about 500 movies hacked and burned. I want to put my new movies in my XBOX and i won't loose time to burn those movies and it will cost aproximetaly the same things because cd become more expensive now.

Vive le métal!!!

KoRn_quebecois

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003
Well a xbox hacked is like a computer
you can do everything
when i will put my movies in my xbox(250GB) i will be able to see them on my tv screen

Vive le métal!!!